KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Yeah at least telling quips he’d be noticed.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:49 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The only movie, imo, that even tried with him was the very first one, and that was barely passable.

Honestly, a part of me would be worried if they got the X-Men back. I don't know if I trust the people working on the MCU to do justice to the X-Men. I doubt we'll get any movies as good as Logan from them either. Mind you, I doubt we'd get movies as bad as Apocalypse, so it's a mixed bag.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 05:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah that Apocalypse was so damn creative right???

Loser.

This coming from the guy who thinks Kat Dennings in a movie about a Norse god was a good idea LOL. So sad that not every Marvel fan wants the Mickey Mouse ears stamped onto every bit of character lore and wants actual variety in their movies. I know it might be hard for you of to understand due to your liking the same repetitive formula for Films, but Logan and Legion are vastly better than anything the MCU has done. FOX also explore multiple film styles where the MCU is content making the same generic comedic crap and over and over

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:38 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I enjoyed Logan, but wouldn't say it's "vastly better" than ANYTHING the MCU has done but it's better than some of the MCU films. MCU isn't perfect but I'd say it's done some films that are better than Logan, Legion I haven't seen so can't comment on that.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 06:45 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by carthage
This coming from the guy who thinks Kat Dennings in a movie about a Norse god was a good idea LOL. So sad that not every Marvel fan wants the Mickey Mouse ears stamped onto every bit of character lore and wants actual variety in their movies. I know it might be hard for you of to understand due to your liking the same repetitive formula for Films, but Logan and Legion are vastly better than anything the MCU has done. FOX also explore multiple film styles where the MCU is content making the same generic comedic crap and over and over
Opinions vary so relax there, emotional guy. I disagree wholeheartedly with your opinion. Logan is overrated. When the deal goes through I'm going to rub it in.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 5th, 2017 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:07 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by -Pr-
The only movie, imo, that even tried with him was the very first one, and that was barely passable.

Honestly, a part of me would be worried if they got the X-Men back. I don't know if I trust the people working on the MCU to do justice to the X-Men. I doubt we'll get any movies as good as Logan from them either. Mind you, I doubt we'd get movies as bad as Apocalypse, so it's a mixed bag.

At least passable X-Men films would be more common. The pros pretty much outweigh the cons imo.

Scott was one of the best things about the first one, yeah, but X1 itself is a product of the time that doesn’t really hold up.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Considering how Marvel has treated the Xmen in the past decade I'm not so sure having them in the MCU would be a good idea.

Besides Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were the perfectly cast Professor X and Magneto IMO and I doubt anyone Disney finds would be able to match up.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:53 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I think Logan is one of the most overrated movies out there and I liked Apocalypse a lot. I still would rather the MCU take over the reigns though.

By Stoic

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 07:54 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Considering how Marvel has treated the Xmen in the past decade I'm not so sure having them in the MCU would be a good idea.

Besides Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen were the perfectly cast Professor X and Magneto IMO and I doubt anyone Disney finds would be able to match up.

Said treatment is mostly only due to Marvel’s butthurt of not having full rights to the X-Men.

Xavier I would agree on, but there’s plenty more options/room for someone like Magneto, good as McKellen was with the role.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
At least passable X-Men films would be more common. The pros pretty much outweigh the cons imo.

Scott was one of the best things about the first one, yeah, but X1 itself is a product of the time that doesn’t really hold up.

I'd be satisfied with "passable" movies, sure.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. That ****ing cardigan.

Originally posted by tkitna
I think Logan is one of the most overrated movies out there and I liked Apocalypse a lot. I still would rather the MCU take over the reigns though.

Logan is pretty good imo, but I wouldn't put it above, say, Winter Soldier. Civil War? I'd say it's in the same ball-park at least.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 08:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Why would Kevin Fiege not know how to make great Xmen films? The MCU is churning out great movies all the time now...I trust Fiege to get it done.....but again, Im WAY more excited for FF.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Why would Kevin Fiege not know how to make great Xmen films? The MCU is churning out great movies all the time now...I trust Fiege to get it done.....but again, Im WAY more excited for FF.

Considering what Marvel did with the X-Men even before the whole "bury them to spite Fox" thing, I honestly don't know what I would expect from Feige. Especially considering the kind of subject matter the X-Men generally deal with.

And let's be fair, not every MCU movie is Winter Soldier.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:29 PM
ares834

Disney buying Fox would be terrible. Disney has already become too big, this would just be way too much.

But the MCU can not use Silver Surfer so "yay!" I guess?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:40 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Considering what Marvel did with the X-Men even before the whole "bury them to spite Fox" thing, I honestly don't know what I would expect from Feige. Especially considering the kind of subject matter the X-Men generally deal with.

The Netflix shows are Disney Marvel. They're doing fine with R rating and mature content. I'm not saying that it has to be that extreme but they can deal with mature content just fine.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:40 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Lets be fair MCU has produced a cohesive set of films massively better than fox or Warner.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
I know it might be hard for you of to understand due to your liking the same repetitive formula for Films, but Logan and Legion are vastly better than anything the MCU has done.

They’ve been at it almost 20 years and all you have to harp on about is Hugh Jackman’s final shot at making a popular Wolverine movie and a Tv series that while entertaining, no one’s gonna cry over.

Wow convincing argument. Sign me up for Apocalypse2. Look forward to Jean killing Cyclops and Professor X again.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:46 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so.. who is butthurt today and over what???

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 10:51 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Inhuman
The Netflix shows are Disney Marvel. They're doing fine with R rating and mature content. I'm not saying that it has to be that extreme but they can deal with mature content just fine.

On Netflix. If they did some sort of X-Men series on Netflix, I'd be all for it, but the budget constraints would be iffy.

The MCU movies, as good as they can be, has still shied away from things it really shouldn't have at times. Like someone said already, I'm sure the movies will be passable, but I'd still be really cautious if this deal goes through (and it's looking like it will, if sites are to be believed).

And even if they did go with darker themes, which is great, there's still plenty about the X-Men that not even Fox got right, so I'd still have very much a "wait and see" approach to it.

And I still refuse to believe we'd get the kind of Deadpool movies we've gotten so far.

Originally posted by ares834
Disney buying Fox would be terrible. Disney has already become too big, this would just be way too much.

But the MCU can not use Silver Surfer so "yay!" I guess?

From what I read, they're buying not just the Marvel stuff, but a huge chunk, if not all of, Fox's tv and movie IPs. I have no idea if that's true, but it's worrying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Dec 5th, 2017 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:47 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

there's still plenty about the X-Men that not even Fox got right

Youre taking about Cyclops right

Old Post Dec 5th, 2017 11:57 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And I still refuse to believe we'd get the kind of Deadpool movies we've gotten so far..

Disney could always do what they did in the past, Release the more R rated movies through another studio.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 12:12 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote