KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Youre taking about Cyclops right

laughing out loud

Among other things, yes.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Disney could always do what they did in the past, Release the more R rated movies through another studio.

They could, but I don't see them giving Reynolds the same kind of latitude Fox did. I mean, I want to be wrong, so if they do buy it all, here's hoping.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 12:15 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by -Pr-
Considering what Marvel did with the X-Men even before the whole "bury them to spite Fox" thing, I honestly don't know what I would expect from Feige. Especially considering the kind of subject matter the X-Men generally deal with.

And let's be fair, not every MCU movie is Winter Soldier.
No, but most MCU movies are either good, very good or great. There is only a few that are merely ok. So again, if the MCU gets X-men I have faith that they'll do it justice.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:21 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
No, but most MCU movies are either good, very good or great. There is only a few that are merely ok. So again, if the MCU gets X-men I have faith that they'll do it justice.
thumb up

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe the Marvel Studios banner shows up at the beginning of X-Men films already, so the brand association is already established. Disney has nothing to fear as far as being associated with an R-rated deadpool movie, because they're already associated through the huge Marvel logo at the beginning

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:28 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Just because a movie is good doesn't mean it's faithful or makes justice to the source material, which is what seems to be worrying a lot of fans righfully imo.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 05:16 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Can't say I (completely) agree. I feel the range is broader than that, and like Adam Grimes says, a good movie and a good adaptation aren't always the same thing.

My hope is that they'd do a good job, but I really don't feel like there's enough there to make me feel confident that they'd do it right.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 05:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by -Pr-
Can't say I (completely) agree. I feel the range is broader than that, and like Adam Grimes says, a good movie and a good adaptation aren't always the same thing.

My hope is that they'd do a good job, but I really don't feel like there's enough there to make me feel confident that they'd do it right.
You're entitled to your opinion but it's pretty off. If you feel that the majority of the MCU films aren't good I dunno what to tell you.

There is a REASON the MCU is kicking the DCEU's ass...it's because their movies are generally good movies that also happen to be fun. Again, not EVERY single one of them is great or even good, but the majority have been. Considering not a SINGLE MCU film has been rotten on RT....that should tell you something. They are just generally well received movies both critically and financially....especially LATELY.

Just this year the MCU has had Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spider-man Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok......Other studios would KILL to have that resume. I have NO doubts that Feige would do a great job with X-men. The only thing I'd have questions about would be how he fits them into the MCU....unless they just leave them separate which I don't see happening.

Still, I'd be fine if they could leave the X-men at Fox to just bring over the FF....but that's not an option so I'd gladly bring the X-men over to ensure that the MCU gets the rights to Doctor Doom, Galactus, Surfer, Kang, etc...

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Dec 6th, 2017 at 06:24 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:21 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Firefly218
I believe the Marvel Studios banner shows up at the beginning of X-Men films already, so the brand association is already established. Disney has nothing to fear as far as being associated with an R-rated deadpool movie, because they're already associated through the huge Marvel logo at the beginning

Its just 'Marvel' and not 'Marvel Studios' for the X-men movies that appear for those.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

You're entitled to your opinion but it's pretty off. If you feel that the majority of the MCU films aren't good I dunno what to tell you.

There is a REASON the MCU is kicking the DCEU's ass...it's because their movies are generally good movies that also happen to be fun. Again, not EVERY single one of them is great or even good, but the majority have been. Considering not a SINGLE MCU film has been rotten on RT....that should tell you something. They are just generally well received movies both critically and financially....especially LATELY.

Just this year the MCU has had Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Spider-man Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok......Other studios would KILL to have that resume. I have NO doubts that Feige would do a great job with X-men. The only thing I'd have questions about would be how he fits them into the MCU....unless they just leave them separate which I don't see happening.

Still, I'd be fine if they could leave the X-men at Fox to just bring over the FF....but that's not an option so I'd gladly bring the X-men over to ensure that the MCU gets the rights to Doctor Doom, Galactus, Surfer, Kang, etc...

I never said that the majority of the MCU wasn't good. It has more good than bad, but there is bad there, hence my comment about it being a broader range than just "good to really good".

Nobody will deny that the MCU is the strongest cinematic universe going right now, so I'm not sure what the DCEU has to do with anything.

Hey, if you enjoyed those three movies, all power to you. My experience ranged from amused to disappointed.

As far as the X-Men in the MCU goes, I think it could work. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would personally prefer some sort of "they've been operating in secret for years" thing, and then their first MCU movie would be them coming out of the shadows in to the public eye.

I'm pretty confident they'd do the FF and the related stuff pretty well, so I'd look forward to that.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 07:00 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman
Youre taking about Cyclops right

That was a pretty big thing which effected the quality of those movies. Because the first 3 “X-Men” movies were basically Wolverine films. Then they started on the Wolverine solo films erm

Only Mathew Vaughn’s First Class began to change the narrative.

But I’m certain Marvel would do better with all the X-Men related characters and franchise except Deadpool. He’s the sole character I doubt Marvel would improve on.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 08:21 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

If Bendis is anywhere near a screenplay to a potential X-Men MCU film, then all hope is lost IMO.

Which is funny as I think the MCU can't get the FF rights fast enough. Nonetheless I'm tired of seeing beloved mutants get dragged through the mud on two fronts.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 01:39 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Marvel deserves all their own characters back. They’ve earned themselves that.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 01:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
If Bendis is anywhere near a screenplay to a potential X-Men MCU film, then all hope is lost IMO.

Which is funny as I think the MCU can't get the FF rights fast enough. Nonetheless I'm tired of seeing beloved mutants get dragged through the mud on two fronts.
Bendis works for DC now.

laughing out loud

Good riddance. Marvel is supreme.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 02:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good, Quicksilver from X-Men is awesome. The other version is lame as hell.

Dude dies saving Hawkeye, lame.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh Fox definitely did Quicksilver better. Although Fox’s version was probably a bit overpowered.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 04:20 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol I like this tweet by Chris Evans

https://twitter.com/ChrisEvans/stat...433170915168262

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:27 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Lol I’d watch.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 06:54 PM
Senor Cage

I would love to see Fox's Quicksilver in the Avengers.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:01 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i completely agree...

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Just because a movie is good doesn't mean it's faithful or makes justice to the source material, which is what seems to be worrying a lot of fans righfully imo.

you are fully aware that comic book movies have to appeal to those that know absolutely nothing about comic books??

Marvel knows that and totally understands, which if/when the x men and ff return home, Marvel will do it right..

you keep havig great things to say...

Originally posted by Zack M

you jumping ship already

hahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zack M
That’s a horrible idea: the character is overpowered, he wouldn’t fit within narrative continuity, mutants aren’t a part of the MCU.

I would rather see Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine somehow get sucked into an alternate dimension (our MCU) and bump into the new avengers. Join up with spidey, Black panther, dr strange and whoever else is alive after Infinity War.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:28 PM