KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Everyone has their favorites. Apocalypse is pretty much my comic villain homie, being basically the X-Men/mutants’ equivalent archetype of Darkseid or Thanos.

Although Apoc didn’t have it nearly as bad with Fox as Dr Doom, would still like for him and the mutants to come home to the rest of Marvel eventually.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 08:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Get ready for Disney to water the movies down and make them appealable to 5 year olds with Baby Groot dancing on Logan's shoulder. Oh yes, and no creativity with film genres or Rated Rs!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 08:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

That is the one reason I'm FINE with having Xmen over at Fox. I enjoy the diversity that they provide and Logan being R-rated was ESSENTIAL to that movie.

That being said the MCU isn't ALL fun and games. TWS and Civil War for instance, NAILED the serious tone while still providing thrills and a few laughs. It looks as though Infinity War is going to be following in those movies' steps.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 09:02 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah and the MCU properties on Netflix.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 09:20 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

erm If Disney had X-Men, you could still have the more mature stories like Old Man Logan, just they would be on Netflix, where the R-rated MCU thrives.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 09:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Agreed. Aside from Deadpool, there’s literally no reason for fans to want X-Men to stay at Fox. Come home to Marvel and let’s have Hulk pound on midget Wolverine, and see Magneto pretend he’s Thor’s equal.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 10:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

TWS was probably the most nailed villian in MCU

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 10:49 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Get ready for Disney to water the movies down and make them appealable to 5 year olds with Baby Groot dancing on Logan's shoulder. Oh yes, and no creativity with film genres or Rated Rs!
WTF are you talking about ? Fox had one really solid xmen film in Days of Future and Past and then followed it up with that stinker Apocalypse. Marvel has vastly different properties and their formulas work, add and build into the mythos and emotion of the universe, and have a creative force steering the ship. No other property in cinemas has shelled out more movies with the unbelievable momentum they have for ten years in a row.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 11:06 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I've been fine with the status quo of the X-Men mythos at Fox and all related to it, because it does help out the subtext of the various movie plots to have a world where it's just mutants and the rest of humanity, exploring prejudice in all it's forms. (Although Marvel Studios has worked hard on the TV side to make Inhumans a substitute for Mutants.) Because how could humanity be so up in arms about Mutants, when so many other world shaking events are happening with the Avengers, misadventures by Iron Man, etc?

Whatever happens happens. I'm still willing to let X-Men go if it means getting back FF and everything related to it (Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 11:38 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Doom never did it for me as a character but I do feel he could work as a Loki type villain. Galactus should be the next hyped villain IMO. I would definitely love the Surfer in the MCU.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2017 11:52 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by roughrider
I've been fine with the status quo of the X-Men mythos at Fox and all related to it, because it does help out the subtext of the various movie plots to have a world where it's just mutants and the rest of humanity, exploring prejudice in all it's forms. (Although Marvel Studios has worked hard on the TV side to make Inhumans a substitute for Mutants.) Because how could humanity be so up in arms about Mutants, when so many other world shaking events are happening with the Avengers, misadventures by Iron Man, etc?

I've never understood why Marvel never hammered out that inconsistency in their comics.

I'm ready for the X-Men and FF to come back home (I don't want Marvel to shelve or change Deadpool, but they'd have to take that back, too). I've seen all that they can do with those two properties and it's time to move on. They'd probably have to do a CoIE type of event just to bring mutants in the MCU.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 12:34 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by quanchi112
Doom never did it for me as a character but I do feel he could work as a Loki type villain. Galactus should be the next hyped villain IMO. I would definitely love the Surfer in the MCU.

Loki type!??

Hell no...

Doom is far stronger willed than Loki will ever be and to do Doom justice, his strength of will must be visibly apparent and must shine brightly.

Inaddition, Doom would rage mightily against being beaten up as Loki has; Valkarie (for example) would have an enemy for life if she ever did to Doom what she did to Loki...

Doom is his own man and should be unique if he comes to the MCU...

Making him a Loki type would be doing him a great injustice...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:59 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 12:57 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Agreed. Aside from Deadpool, there’s literally no reason for fans to want X-Men to stay at Fox. Come home to Marvel and let’s have Hulk pound on midget Wolverine, and see Magneto pretend he’s Thor’s equal.

Be careful what you ask for, because if Disney gets Fox, you might have to endure the following happening to Thor for the world to see:

Attachment: rogue power draining thor.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 12:58 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Femi32
I've never understood why Marvel never hammered out that inconsistency in their comics.

As a teenager in the late 1980's, I was reading the story lines involving the Mutant Registration Act and wondering why the public targets Mutants so much when they are so many other non-Mutant dangers and catastrophes happening. How come no one is pursuing Spider-Man out of suspicion he's a Mutant, and so on. Civil War in 2006 helped change this, when the Superhuman Registration Act put everyone under the same microscope.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:07 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Be careful what you ask for, because if Disney gets Fox, you might have to endure the following happening to Thor for the world to see:

That's really an old, invalid complaint. Disney has owned Marvel for 8 years now, and the films have just gotten bigger and better, with no overt family values shoehorning taking place.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:09 AM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by roughrider
That's really an old, invalid complaint. Disney has owned Marvel for 8 years now, and the films have just gotten bigger and better, with no overt family values shoehorning taking place.

I'm just messing with him; I've messed with him in the past about Rogue defeating Thor...

Disney getting Fox would be a great thing and I have full confidence that Disney would do justice to all the Marvel franchises/characters currently owned by Fox...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Loki type!??

Hell no...

Doom is far stronger willed than Loki will ever be and to do Doom justice, his strength of will must be visibly apparent and must shine brightly.

Inaddition, Doom would rage mightily against being beaten up as Loki has; Valkarie (for example) would have an enemy for life if she ever did to Doom what she did to Loki...

Doom is his own man and should be unique if he comes to the MCU...

Making him a Loki type would be doing him a great injustice...
Just as Thor usually always outdoes Loki Reed has routinely outdone Doom. Same principle. Doom doesn't bring the power of the big bad that's for a character like Galactus especially when Fox has really damaged the brand value of the villain.

He is a film villain not the grand villain such as Thanos all leading to that culmination.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:53 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Just as Thor usually always outdoes Loki Reed has routinely outdone Doom. Same principle. Doom doesn't bring the power of the big bad that's for a character like Galactus especially when Fox has really damaged the brand value of the villain.

He is a film villain not the grand villain such as Thanos all leading to that culmination.
Uh, Quan lets not talk about when Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos or any other time Thanos has lost....Doom has been more powerful than Thanos MANY times...But Thanos is typically more powerful.

Either way they're both great villians....how bout you recognize that?

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:22 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Uh, Quan lets not talk about when Doom ripped the spine out of Thanos or any other time Thanos has lost....Doom has been more powerfu than Thanos MANY times...But Thanos is typically more powerful.

Either way they're both great villians....how bout you recognize that?
Thanos stood his ground and wasn't permanently killed. Thanos' will doesn't bend or break. He has saved Doom's life before when he was stuck in a time loop in Marvel's The End, and treated him as a minior irritant in Infinity Gauntlet. Thanos has been grander in scope since the beginning whereas Doom lost his shit when he stole the Surfer's powers and the guy can't even get Thanos to even strain.

You're free to like who you want but Thanos has always been their grand cosmic villain in comics and on the big screen.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:26 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

You're free to like who you want but Thanos has always been their grand cosmic villain in comics and on the big screen.
That I agree with. Thanos is the Space version of Dr. Doom. He's more powerful, but they are very much alike; moreso than you're implying.

They both are highly intelligent, have gained god-like power, ruled worlds/galaxy...etc...

They both speak in a unique style, and their motives are generally a mystery to anyone that is not themselves..... I love both characters but you're shitting on Doom. Thanos is getting the big screen credit HE DESERVES... I hope that Doom will in the future by also being brought under the MCU banner.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:33 AM