KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » #metoo - is it always a good thing?

#metoo - is it always a good thing?
Started by: SamZED

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I am Darth Umbravon, and I am the darkness, I am the Shadow of the Sith!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 01:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
It's not just a matter of false and vindictive accusations. Say I'm walking down the street and eye an attractive woman. I don't stare, I don't leer, I don't approach her in any way, I just look at her for a couple of seconds.

She approaches me and says what I did made her uncomfortable, therefore it's harassment. I would disagree ofc. I have the right to simply look.

So my question is: when does reasonable crossover into unreasonable?

I would consider something like that vindictive on her part, although generally a non sexual orientated compliment could help diffuse that situation.

The real crux is when does reasonable turn into unreasonable because in the world of social media "court" hearings the person with the largest followings wins generally.................mob rules.

I suppose the most boring answer is treat other men and women like you would your mom or dad in regards to touches/statements etc etc.........

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 02:23 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

To Sam/the Op:

No, it's not always a good thing.

This is what comes of a lack of standards, unfortunately. One side is (Justifiably, imo) worried the victim will be blamed/brushed aside in favor of some "good 'ol boys" network.

The other side is terrified of the backlash resulting from past nepotism, which forces them to the extreme of leaving absolutely no doubt that they're taking victim allegations seriously.

Any response gets treated with skepicism, so they err on the side of overcompensation.

People lie, nobody trusts anybodies motives, and a history of blaming the victim exists, and now we have to live with the fallout. Which will probably involve some combination of sacrificial lambs, nepotism for the worthy, more lying, more anger, and more overcompensation against the next lamb.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 02:37 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Emperordmb

I just love how Sargon triggered feminists by telling a rape victim he'd never rape her.

The exact opposite of a threat was taken as...a threat. SJWs cared more than the person he actually said it to lol.

In his recent debate with Thomas Smith Tom kept whining about it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 07:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Surtur
I think it depends on the situation. If a person gets accused of something and they decide to step down...that is one thing. I do not believe they should actually be fired unless there has been actual evidence of a crime.*

*unless hollywood, coz reasons :')

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 03:06 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Emperordmb

#iwouldntevengivearapevictimanabortion sad

"Show me again, the power of the darkness..."
-- Darth Plagueis Respect Thread --

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:54 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote