KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle

Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Another thread backfire on poor squirt.

Lmao.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:55 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
What is Robtard's stance on this? Was this criminal a victim? Could he have been rehabilitated?

IMO this is a story with a happy ending. A man protected his family and a violent criminal is off the streets.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:57 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
Lmao.
Poor squirt has back issues.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:57 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Poor squirt has back issues.

I do, yeah.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:59 AM
Scribble

America has a violence problem even away from the guns, to be fair. If you magicked all the guns away and people only had knives, they'd still have people going mental, trying to stab as many people as possible. There'd be a lot less deaths, though. A lot less. But guns can't be magicked away, so in that case, I guess I would prefer to have a gun in the violent, crazy lands of America. Maybe.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 01:59 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
America has a violence problem even away from the guns, to be fair. If you magicked all the guns away and people only had knives, they'd still have people going mental, trying to stab as many people as possible. There'd be a lot less deaths, though. A lot less. But guns can't be magicked away, so in that case, I guess I would prefer to have a gun in the violent, crazy lands of America. Maybe.

Indeed, and especially for someone like me I can't physically restrain someone or knife fight them. I can fire a gun though.

And I sure as hell am not going to hope that some dude breaking into my home with a knife just doesn't have the "agency" to use it on me.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:02 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Firefly218
Who knows what would have happened if instead of a knife, the intruder had a gun.

Quick Question Surt, would you rather your intruder be armed with a knife or a gun?

oh well, so much for that narrative laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:06 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I at least expect people to make sense. "This could have been a lot worse if the dad had no gun" is in no way crushed by "it could have been worse if the intruder had a gun" lol.

Those are merely...two things that are true lol. They do not cancel each other out.

And for me personally in *any* physically confrontation I am at a disadvantage.

That line in the OP isn't exactly helpful.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:09 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oh well, so much for that narrative laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Funny thing is I think you truly believe this lol.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:10 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
That line in the OP isn't exactly helpful.

Helpful towards...what?

And that *still* doesn't explain how saying one true thing somehow negates another true thing lol.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:10 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"THANK GOD for muh guns" -OP

just couldn't hold it in, could you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:14 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pretty much this:

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Indeed, and especially for someone like me I can't physically restrain someone or knife fight them. I can fire a gun though.

And I sure as hell am not going to hope that some dude breaking into my home with a knife just doesn't have the "agency" to use it on me.
Are you able to own a gun? If so, do you, and if you don't, why not? If you can't own one, why not? Interested to know more about American gun policy.

Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"THANK GOD for muh guns" -OP

just couldn't hold it in, could you roll eyes (sarcastic)

Actually, I said thank god this man had a gun. He and his family might be dead if he didn't.

If that sets you off...well, that's all kinds of hilarious.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:16 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Actually, I said thank god this man had a gun. He and his family might be dead if he didn't.

no, it was you establishing a narrative in the OP, instead of simply posting a 'matter of fact' story [as you claimed].

sorry, guy. :')

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:18 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

He and his family might be dead if the intruder had a gun. THANK GOD the intruder only had a knife

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:18 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

no, it was you establishing a narrative in the OP, instead of simply posting a 'matter of fact' story [as you claimed].

This is true, doesn't change the situation though.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:19 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you able to own a gun? If so, do you, and if you don't, why not? If you can't own one, why not? Interested to know more about American gun policy.

I can own a gun. I do not have one, but I am thinking about getting one. My aunt owns guns and this upcoming Thanksgiving I'm going to be testing some out there.

I haven't gotten one yet because I guess I thought I didn't need it, I told myself this neighborhood was bad, but there were worse places in Chicago. That is still true, but not a good enough reason to stay vulnerable.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said: I said thank god he had a gun he and his family might be dead if he didn't.

If that sets you off? Deal with it lol.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:21 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
He and his family might be dead if the intruder had a gun. THANK GOD the intruder only had a knife

Okay, so what? Lol. This doesn't negate the fact that this could have(and most likely would have) turned out a lot worse if he didn't have a gun.

You saying it could have been worse if he had a gun does not make that any less true lol. Tell me you realize this. Both are true.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 02:22 AM