KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle

Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
if i was paranoid over knife wielding home invaders, i'd sooner have a machete or katana. something that simply cannot be reasoned away as "probably fake", "he's just bluffing", "i bet it's not loaded". something that i dont have to go through a process of unlocking a case and loading bullets, while the knife-weilder presumably remains courteous and waits for me to finish.

I'll still go with a gun, thanks. I have no small kids in my house so I don't need to keep the thing locked in a safe.

Frankly I don't care if someone thinks I'm just bluffing with my gun, they will find they are wrong once the bullet enters their body.

It's not even about being paranoid. It's about it not being worth the risk. It's not worth it to risk. I am going to assume you intend to do me harm if you break into my home. I am not going to assume any weapon you have is just for show and you won't have the balls to use it.

The solution here is not to break into someone else's home, and to accept that if you do one of the consequences is...you die. Don't play stupid games and you can avoid winning stupid prizes.

Nothing I have typed should be offensive or controversial to anyone, and there is a deep sadness inside anyone who finds it offensive or controversial.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:07 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And just to note, to nip in the butt any notion any misguided souls might have had about this topic: it wasn't about negating any tragedy with a gun. This doesn't negate it. Just like any tragedy doesn't negate instances where firearms save lives.

It is 100% irrelevant to me if someone decided to see this topic, get triggered, and make assumptions. It is 100% irrelevant to me if someone saw this, got butthurt, and felt they needed to somehow defend their stance on guns. There were no narratives on either side crushed here, this is a fact. What this is...is a story where a firearm came in handy, a story where without it things would have been a lot worse. No more, no less. That is not up for debate, it will never be up for debate, lol. Have a nice day folks, and be safe.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

i think a large blade is way more scary than a bat. imho the goal should be to make them rethink their actions and gtfo.

I dunno, bats are the icon of broken legs and bookie beat downs. wink

Maybe a bowie knife than. Big enough to make a statement, but less unwieldy then a machette.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:32 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
And just to note, to nip in the butt any notion any misguided souls might have had about this topic: it wasn't about negating any tragedy with a gun. This doesn't negate it. Just like any tragedy doesn't negate instances where firearms save lives.

It is 100% irrelevant to me if someone decided to see this topic, get triggered, and make assumptions. It is 100% irrelevant to me if someone saw this, got butthurt, and felt they needed to somehow defend their stance on guns. There were no narratives on either side crushed here, this is a fact. What this is...is a story where a firearm came in handy, a story where without it things would have been a lot worse. No more, no less. That is not up for debate, it will never be up for debate, lol. Have a nice day folks, and be safe.
Why does this story deserve a whole thread while the hundreds of stories where a gun ruined lives don't deserve threads? You have a narrative, don't say you don't have a narrative. Posting this thread is proof you have a narrative.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:34 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

Maybe a bowie knife than. Big enough to make a statement, but less unwieldy then a machette.

What if you have a bat and someone breaks into your house with a gun?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Why does this story deserve a whole thread while the hundreds of stories where a gun ruined lives don't deserve threads? You have a narrative, don't say you don't have a narrative. Posting this thread is proof you have a narrative.

Lol oh please dude, just stop with your bullshit. We had people posting stoires here about muslims being murdered...AFTER a muslim terror attack thread in the past. There was a narrative there too : they aren't just terrorists, they can be victims. That was the point of the thread. I didn't see you calling that out.

I posted the topic because...I can. If there is a narrative, it's that guns sometimes help. Why does that bother you? Why does a true statement bug you? Guns being helpful doesn't negate a tragedy or anything. It is what it is.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:39 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean seriously someone explain the CONTROVERSY over "thank god he had a gun who knows what could have happened if he did not"?

Why does this set leftists off? I don't even get it. Guns are not good. Guns are not evil. Where is the narrative that sets people off? How does a narrative of "these people are alive because the dad had a firearm" cause any strife? Makes no sense.

What is wrong with this country when even saying that is controversial? Who wants to live in a country like that? Firefly? Do you? Do you want to live in a country where what I just said PISSES people off? I would be genuinely shocked if you truly do.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:44 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah I'm gonna be honest, if I have a gun in my own house, I'm gonna likely be on superior or at least even footing with whatever ******* breaks in... and can ward off an attack without getting in striking distance of them if they don't have a gun... If I can't get a gun, and some ******* who illegally got a gun busts into my house I'm ****ed.

I'd feel much safer with a gun than with the possibility that someone's gonna break into my house with a melee weapon and I'm gonna have to engage them in melee, or with the possibility that they're gonna have a gun and I'm not.

People saying guns should be available for self-defense aren't talking out of their asses, it's a pretty reasonable thing to want.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah I'm gonna be honest, if I have a gun in my own house, I'm gonna likely be on superior or at least even footing with whatever ******* breaks in... and can ward off an attack without getting in striking distance of them if they don't have a gun... If I can't get a gun, and some ******* who illegally got a gun busts into my house I'm ****ed.

I'd feel much safer with a gun than with the possibility that someone's gonna break into my house with a melee weapon and I'm gonna have to engage them in melee, or with the possibility that they're gonna have a gun and I'm not.

People saying guns should be available for self-defense aren't talking out of their asses, it's a pretty reasonable thing to want.

I also think people need to not only consider themselves, but others. People going "get a bat or machete!"...okay, say that to a 70 yr. old lady who is concerned for her safety. Tell her to get a bat or a machete.

Tell someone with any kind of physical disability "machete time".

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:49 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol oh please dude, just stop with your bullshit. We had people posting stoires here about muslims being murdered...AFTER a muslim terror attack thread in the past. There was a narrative there too : they aren't just terrorists, they can be victims. That was the point of the thread. I didn't see you calling that out.

I posted the topic because...I can. If there is a narrative, it's that guns sometimes help. Why does that bother you? Why does a true statement bug you?
Awesome! With a little help, you have now admitted that you have a narrative!

The next step is understanding why you have the wrong narrative.

While yes guns have been used positively in the past, the overwhelming majority of gun use has ended lives, ruined lives or maimed lives.

So when you push the "guns are positive too!" message, you are justifying the overwhelming majority of negativity generated by guns to support the slim minority of positivity generated by guns. And that's just disproportionate.

Essentially what you're doing is celebrating that opioids made 1 person happy. Sure, those opioids may have made that person happy, but those same opioids have destroyed thousands of lives so...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:50 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by cdtm

i just prefer a large sharp blade because i think it's more universally scary, but if you prefer a bat that works just fine as well. nobody would be like "oh that's probably one of those hollywood rubber bats".

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^^truth

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:53 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awesome! With a little help, you have now admitted that you have a narrative!

The next step is understanding why you have the wrong narrative.

While yes guns have been used positively in the past, the overwhelming majority of gun use has ended lives, ruined lives or maimed lives.

So when you push the "guns are positive too!" message, you are justifying the overwhelming majority of negativity generated by guns to support the slim minority of positivity generated by guns. And that's just disproportionate.

Essentially what you're doing is celebrating that opioids made 1 person happy. Sure, those opioids may have made that person happy, but those same opioids have destroyed thousands of lives so...

Lol this is just insanity though, so why do I get the feeling it will be "bingo'ed" multiple times.

The narrative is "thank god this guy had a gun, things could have been worse". THAT is the narrative. Guns can be helpful. It was not, as people tried to suggest: that this negates tragedies with guns or anything of the sort.

No, pointing out they can help is *not* in any way justifying negative uses of a gun, are you insane?

And I just wonder how much you know about this, how many defensive uses of guns do you feel there are per year, compared to the 12,000 or so deaths(not counting suicide because, why would I?)? I am not even asking you to go look up the number. You can, I am curious though if you were aware of both numbers when you made the statement about guns.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 04:58 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^truth

Who decides here what does and doesn't warrant its own thread? You and Firefly?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:56 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol this is just insanity though, so why do I get the feeling it will be "bingo'ed" multiple times.

The narrative is "thank god this guy had a gun, things could have been worse". THAT is the narrative.

No, pointing out they can help is *not* in any way justifying negative uses of a gun, are you insane? You are rambling like a crazy person lol.
I feel like this opioid analogy will help you understand better than plain logic, so I'll repost it below.

This is like celebrating that opioids made 1 person happy. Sure, those opioids may have made that person happy, but those same opioids have made thousands of other people depressed

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:57 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Proportionality

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:58 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you're obviously pushing a narrative in the OP. sorry you have such a delicate constitution when the obvious is pointed out. :')

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 04:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like this opioid analogy will help you understand better than plain logic, so I'll repost it below.

This is like celebrating that opioids made 1 person happy. Sure, those opioids may have made that person happy, but those same opioids have made thousands of other people depressed

Lol, you just pick the worst examples, or the wrong person to give them to. The pills can be bad if abused by people who do not need them.

I suffer from chronic pain. I need pain medication. Should I be denied it because some people lack self control? Nope. I know plenty of other people with chronic pain too. No, me and others like me should not be denied medication we need because people abuse the medications.

I ask again: do you know how many defensive usages of guns there are per year? I just gave you the number of non-suicide related deaths via guns, around 10,000-12,000. Note: a defensive usage of a gun does not only include times when a gun was used to kill.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

you're obviously pushing a narrative in the OP. sorry you have such a delicate constitution when the obvious is pointed out. :')

So? Who decides what should get posted? People disagree on these things.

Example: you whining my thread about Democrat sexual abuse needed to be moved to the "triggered" thread. Obviously I did not think so.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Kurk
What is Robtard's stance on this? Was this criminal a victim? Could he have been rehabilitated?

Let's see, story says: "police told KTVT the knife-wielding intruder made threats against the family, trashed household items and tried running toward a room."

That's where he crossed the line, this wasn't some kid breaking into a house to loot some jewelry and credit cards and then bail out , this guy showed clear aggression; was a threat to people. So imo, shooting his ass was reasonable.

Still, that doesn't dispel Surt's laughably transparent agenda here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote