KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle

Knife wielding man kicks in door of family's home, but he's no match for dads rifle
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I also think people need to not only consider themselves, but others. People going "get a bat or machete!"...okay, say that to a 70 yr. old lady who is concerned for her safety. Tell her to get a bat or a machete.

Tell someone with any kind of physical disability "machete time".

Damn that's also a great point.

Or a woman whose not particularly physically imposing. I mean... if we live in a patriarchal rape culture or whatever why should women not have that option of self-defense?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:09 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, you just pick the worst examples, or the wrong person to give them to. The pills can be bad if abused by people who do not need them.

I suffer from chronic pain. I need pain medication. Should I be denied it because some people lack self control? Nope. I know plenty of other people with chronic pain too. No, me and others like me should not be denied medication we need because people abuse the medications.

I ask again: do you know how many defensive usages of guns there are per year? I just gave you the number of non-suicide related deaths via guns, around 10,000-12,000. Note: a defensive usage of a gun does not only include times when a gun was used to kill.
This isn't about you and your special situations. You can't justify promoting the use of opioids, when thousands of people a year are dying in a drug epidemic.

If for some reason an opioid pill could help your back pain, that's fine. If you need a small gun for self-defense, that's fine. But there's no reason to celebrate the opioids and the effect they're having on your special situation, because those same pills that are helping you have harmed 10 others.

It's not an argument against having a gun for self-defense, I'm not saying that. It's an argument against the celebration, promotion and romanticization of guns.

There's no need to push this narrative.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:13 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

So? Who decides what should get posted? People disagree on these things.

Example: you whining my thread about Democrat sexual abuse needed to be moved to the "triggered" thread. Obviously I did not think so.
nobody said or implied that the thread should be closed, so i don't know why your whining on that premise. you established a narrative, it was obvious, and you're just silly and petty to deny it. pretty sure that's what rob, ff, etc are saying as well. no need to pull your worn out victim card once again. :')

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Nov 9th, 2017 at 05:18 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
This isn't about you and your special situations. You can't justify promoting the use of opioids, when thousands of people a year are dying in a drug epidemic.

You speak nonsense. You can ABSOLUTELY justify people who need them using them. I like how you dismiss me and my "special situation" and why? Because people like me are the type who would suffer if you had your way.

quote:
If for some reason an opioid pill could help your back pain, that's fine. If you need a small gun for self-defense, that's fine. But there's no reason to celebrate the opioids and the effect they're having on your special situation, because those same pills that are helping you have harmed 10 others.

Good lord...saying "thank god he had a gun, this could have been worse if he didn't" is not saying all guns are awesome all the time.

Who celebrates opioid use? I'm confused. Let me ask: when I had my most serious surgery(a spinal fusion) I was in so much pain I was in tears. Taking an opioid helped take that away and I remember expressing to my dad how thankful I was to have had them. Is that me "celebrating" opioids?

quote:
It's not an argument against having a gun for self-defense, I'm not saying that. It's an argument against the celebration, promotion and romanticization of guns.

There's no need to push this narrative.

You made a comment about negative gun use. I ask again: do you know how many times guns are used defensively each year...compared to the number of deaths they cause?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
nobody said or implied that the thread should be closed, so i don't know why your whining on that premise. you established a narrative, it was obvious, and you're just silly and petty to deny it. pretty sure that's what rob, ff, etc are saying as well. no need to pull your worn out victim card once again. :')

So WHY is it wrong to say "thank god he had a gun, who knows what would have happened if he didn't?'. And that also was not the narrative you were pushing lol. You were saying this is being used to negate Texas, to suggest home invasions always end in violence, etc.

Yes, thank god he had a gun.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

So WHY is it wrong to say "thank god he had a gun, who knows what would have happened if he didn't?'. And that also was not the narrative you were pushing lol. You were saying this is being used to negate Texas, to suggest home invasions always end in violence, etc.

How about "thank god he was prepared" instead of "thank god he had a gun"? If your sentiment if genuinely for the safety of the family, you wouldn't need to celebrate people having guns.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:27 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

it's very childish to post an article, add a blatant narrative in the title and OP, and then go on to whine for 5 pages (so far) that you never established a narrative. grow up and get over it, broski.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it's very childish to post an article, add a blatant narrative in the title and OP, and then go on to whine for 5 pages (so far) that you never established a narrative. grow up and get over it, broski.

I said I never established the narrative you were claiming.

Which I didn't. It's very childish to whine over someone saying "thank god he had a gun".

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
How about "thank god he was prepared" instead of "thank god he had a gun"? If your sentiment if genuinely for the safety of the family, you wouldn't need to celebrate people having guns.

Oh bullshit, thank god he had a gun. It doesn't celebrate guns in general. It celebrates the fact he had one and it helped.

It's not wrong to do so, it is insane people like you who think this is somehow justifying using guns to murder people.

And at this point be honest: you know damn well the number of gun deaths per year doesn't come close to the number of defensive uses, don't you? I am 99.9% sure you know this.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 9th, 2017 at 05:33 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 05:29 PM