KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Diminished Responsibility

Should diminished capacity be a factor in holding one responsible for his actions?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 9 90.00%
No 1 10.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Diminished Responsibility
Started by: Adam_PoE

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Are you speaking from personal experience here Stevie?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Are you speaking from personal experience here Stevie?
No mate when I lose the plot things usually get really nasty. smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:22 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
It can also be a combination of things, for instance, imagine the person has no job, is disabled has a drug and alcohol problem and has been cheated on... They lose the plot when their dealer doesn't bring them dope to calm them in time and stab him up due to paranoia caused by overuse of skunk. Poor sod has issues man!

that could be argued as temporary insanity in the states. same as when a guy finds his gf with another man, and they're doing more than just kissing. it has to be proven that this person had no control of their impulses due to extreme stress. but how can you really prove that? it's really all down to what the jury/experts believe.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
as long as you don't feel that set terms should be enforced on mental patients (being sentenced to 15 years at a hospital, for example), we probably do agree.

Can judges be that specific?

I know they can order treatment, and meds taken. They have a lot of power, frankly (Maybe too much..)

But yeah, I'm with you that there shouldn't be a "specific period for treatment" ruling. Leave that to the experts (As low as I hold much of the mental health industry, I sure don't want laymen deciding what constitutes treatment.)

Also completely in agreement on the nature of prisons. It's almost a joke at this point to pretend there's anything postive associated with imprisonment, what with the numerous jokes about abuses, victimizations, incompetence, people dying from withheld meds and such..

Prison is where you put people you want to suffer, but don't want to live with having had a hand in directy killing (Indirectly, if some skinhead or gang bangers shanks them, it's not your concern or responsibility.. is how I imagine the rationalization goes.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

that could be argued as temporary insanity in the states. same as when a guy finds his gf with another man, and they're doing more than just kissing. it has to be proven that this person had no control of their impulses due to extreme stress. but how can you really prove that? it's really all down to what the jury/experts believe.

Exactly, when it goes beyond a kiss, anything can happen!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:23 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No mate when I lose the plot things usually get really nasty. smile

So you admit to suffering from "Diminished Responsibility" then?

Time to to put Stevie in "A Home"..

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:25 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you admit to suffering from "Diminished Responsibility" then?

Time to to put Stevie in "A Home"..
Haha, you *****! smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:27 PM
Flyattractor

Haha, you *****! smile

Just adding more proof ...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:29 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaa *****! smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:29 PM
Flyattractor

Hahaa *****! smile

Looks like you also suffer from a from of Turrets Syndrome as well.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:34 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

*****!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:36 PM
Flyattractor

*****!

Welcome to the Straight Jackets and Padded Cells Brigade.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:47 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

*****!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:48 PM
Flyattractor

*****!

*Signs of Diminished Responsibility...Extremely Limited ability as useful and cohesive dialogue*

CHECK!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:50 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*Signs of Diminished Responsibility...Extremely Limited ability as useful and cohesive dialogue*

CHECK!

"ITS A TRAP!" *immediately falls into trap and thrashes about*

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 06:58 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

"ITS A TRAP!" *immediately falls into trap and thrashes about*

You new Nickname will be Thrashy Bashy!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:01 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

just wanted to illuminate your situation for you, since i'm feeling a bit sorry for you atm.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:03 PM
Flyattractor

Having Emotional Control Issues is also a sign of "Diminished Responsibility" in some cases. Our "Left Minded" Posters seem to be sharing this Epidemic among themselves.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 07:09 PM
Adam_PoE

It can also be a combination of things, for instance, imagine the person has no job, is disabled has a drug and alcohol problem and has been cheated on... They lose the plot when their dealer doesn't bring them dope to calm them in time and stab him up due to paranoia caused by overuse of skunk. Poor sod has issues man!

Or imagine someone who is abusing alcohol while taking psychiatric medications, and then trespasses with the intent to harm a minor. Is alcohol abuse a mitigating factor that diminishes his responsibility for his actions?

In my experience, no one does anything drunk that he would not do sober if he thought there would be no consequences. Alcohol simply lowers his inhibitions, so he cares less about being judged, per the Latin idiom, "In wine, truth," or the English equivalent, "What soberness conceals, drunkenness reveals."

Should such a person be able to blame his actions on alcohol, or is alcohol merely revealing his true character? Is "I would not have tried to touch those kids if I was not drunk," a legitimate defense?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 03:01 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i think it would only apply if the liquor and drugs were forced-fed to this hypothetical person who's totally hypothetical. if they made the decision to impair themselves, then there really is no excuse. if it's no defense for a drunk/drugged driver, i cannot see how it would be a reasonable defense for intending to do harm on children.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 03:28 AM