KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy
Started by: The Lost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gehenna
Sorgo

Yeah, he directed a few Breaking Bad episodes. Both rank among my favorites, honestly. (Even though one gets a lot of shit)

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 02:15 AM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't care for Snoke and Kylo. What's wrong with you ?

The jury is out on Snoke, he's currently a non character. Kylo is a whiney man child, he's terrible.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:30 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

And yet all we've seen of him is in Episode 7.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 06:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The jury is out on Snoke, he's currently a non character. Kylo is a whiney man child, he's terrible.
He was younger and he still managed to kill his father despite the pesky light inside him. Look at Anakin in AOTC.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 03:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Re: Re: Re: Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Originally posted by The Lost
So why post? I never I understood this. If you're truly apathetic, why would you place enough care to say you... don't care? I asked for thoughts, implying those who "give a shite." lol

laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I’m expecting this will deal with the ancient Jedi. Rian seems to be laying some groundwork in TLJ about these ancient Jedi so it makes sense for him to follow up on that. I’ve seen speculation that it will be set in the Unknown Regions as well based on Snoke’s potential origins and the FO. While this is possible, I still think the ancient Jedi theory is far more likely simply because of, well, Jedi. This is an entire trilogy and I can’t see Disney creating one without the Jedi at the forefront which wouldn’t work if they set it during the OT or ST era. I also think they will want to stay well clear of the prequels due to the perceived “stink” and so we are left with either the far future or past. The past is more likely so to give them room to do whatever they want with the inevitable Episode 10. So, yeah, a trilogy about ancient Jedi is what I expect (and hope for). Of course, it could be about them in the Unknown Regions but I don’t see any reason why that would be necessary for a story “from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never explored before”.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 05:33 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rian Johnson will direct entirely new Star Wars trilogy

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Ah, still not caring, I see.

Man, some people.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 07:51 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If we are getting a SW Movie Literally Every Year Now. The "Trilogy" shtick kind of loses its meaning. Much like Star Wars now that the DARK MOUSE LORD owns it.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 07:54 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Flyattractor
If we are getting a SW Movie Literally Every Year Now. The "Trilogy" shtick kind of loses its meaning. Much like Star Wars now that the DARK MOUSE LORD owns it.

stay home then

hahahahahaha

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 09:01 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Flyattractor

I am not sure if that's really true. If they are good films, I don't think it is that big of a deal. I am glad Star Wars is getting much more attention and exposure. It was bound to happen anyway, seeing as it is such a staple of American pop culture.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:00 AM
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Surtur
More Star Wars is always good news. I've only seen Looper, what other good things has this guy directed?

Brick(Very good movie from 2005) and a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:12 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

This is what happens when you sell it to the white slavers, who take these things... sad

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 12:43 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't really care for Looper, but this is a promising sign

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 01:03 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Firefly218
I didn't really care for Looper, but this is a promising sign
Wtf.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:20 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Brick(Very good movie from 2005) and a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad.

Brick was fucking amazing.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Wtf.

LOL

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 05:14 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

So this must have figured into bring back J.J. for Episode 9, as they weighed between the two. When they decided to let Rian have a trilogy of his own, the die was cast.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:56 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote