KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mad Jim Jaspers vs Sentry

Mad Jim Jaspers vs Sentry
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Show me Sentry showing universe destroying power. MM didn't have it when they fought, so that is out. Provide non-MM feats please.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 10:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit I'd feel different if MM had done things in their fight like throwing galaxies or whatever. Or maybe even universes? Whatever he did against the Beyonder. If Sentry beat THAT guy sure.

He did not beat that guy though. Power levels can change and we must separate them. Otherwise PC Darkseid wouldn't be a thing.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Show me Sentry showing universe destroying power.

Sentry power has literally no limits. Tony Stark stated that he could start an House of M event on a whim already.

quote:
MM didn't have it when they fought, so that is out. Provide non-MM feats please.

I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers.

Originally posted by RealityWarper
I totally see Jasper power-level.

I don't see how he could possibly do better than Molecule Man at that point thus bringing the same fate for Jaspers than for Molecule Man in the end.

The mental state of Molecule Man isn't what affect his powers... At least not during Dark Avengers where he was crazy but totally in possession of his powers with only positive beliefs in his ability to use them.

I've pointed out that, when he was put in jail, Owen was depressed because he couldn't find his way back to Volcana after she dumped him, thus making him depressed...

One of the main attribute of the depression is that you completely lose the ability to trust in yourself and into what you can do.

I pointed out that Quasimodo talked about Owen's depression in the Dark Reign Files, where Owen, during his time into prison, was incapable to use his powers in imaginative ways, incapable to manipulate genetic material and other stuff that are directly mentioned in Dark Avengers as things he can do, thus proving that Owen was back at full power...

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:27 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry couldnt even undo what Owen did yet beat Jaspers.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:27 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I admit I'd feel different if MM had done things in their fight like throwing galaxies or whatever. Or maybe even universes? Whatever he did against the Beyonder. If Sentry beat THAT guy sure.

He did not beat that guy though. Power levels can change and we must separate them. Otherwise PC Darkseid wouldn't be a thing.

He did.

They simply attacked each other molecules that's why there is no collateral damages. Affecting everything but their own molecules is pointless.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:28 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry couldnt even undo what Owen did yet beat Jaspers.

it's a matter of skill here and not raw power.

Sentry just discovered what his powers were and you expect him to use his power with the same skill than Molecule Man whom trained from decades ? Really ?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:29 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Spite, MJJ stomps.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Nov 10th, 2017 11:39 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

MJJ is omniverse level being, Death Sentry is what mid trans at best?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:04 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Dark Avengers MM is one of the weakest incarnation of MM, and MM admitted he wanted to lose and his powers only worked in a localize area. MJJ has no limitation, to defend Sentry against MJJ is like Defending Sentry beating someone like Enternity, Infinity or a Celestial and MJJ dwarf them in all out power

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:08 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers.

In what world, does one need to prove a negative??

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:56 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Ignore him. He has been trained by Quan most likely.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 02:59 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
In what world, does one need to prove a negative??

What the **** ?

It is simple...

"I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers."

Or you provide the scan or you quit lowballing the character.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:32 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend

Sure, pal.

You countered nothing. You proved nothing.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:36 AM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by abhilegend

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:37 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zack M
laughing out loud

So, may I see that scan of Molecule Man stating that he cannot do something with his powers in Dark Avengers, so far it is an URBAN LEGEND.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 03:38 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

What the **** ?

It is simple...

"I've already explained why MM was back at full power during Dark Avengers and I defy you and everyone to provide a scan of MM saying that he CANNOT DO SOMETHING during Dark Avengers."

Or you provide the scan or you quit lowballing the character.

No, that's the issue. No one needs to prove that something "didn't happen", that's flawed logic.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:00 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
No, that's the issue. No one needs to prove that something "didn't happen", that's flawed logic.

You really don't get what I am saying.

In all stories, when Molecule Man cannot do something with his powers, at least WHEN MOLECULE MAN BELIEVES THAT HE CANNOT DO SOMETHING WITH HIS POWERS, it is stated ON PANEL by Molecule Man himself that he cannot do something, because that's HOW HIS POWER WORKS and that's how we KNOW that he cannot do something and is somehow depowered/weakened/etc

So in short:

OR

You show a scan of Molecule Man stating ON PANEL that he cannot do something with his powers, LIKE being incapable to manipulate ORGANIC matter for example.

OR

You stop pretending that Molecule Man was somehow weakened, depowered or whatever other bullshit lowballing.

As you are keeping up with the fan-made BS that Molecule Man was weaker than usual it will be VERY EASY for you to show that scan.

Post it in here.

I'm waiting. wink

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 04:26 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Oh I get what you're saying, but you said something ridiculous.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 06:56 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Also Dark Avengers feat for Sentry is not allowed for regular Sentry and is only for that arc as per forum rules.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...+userid%3A89307
Originally posted by Badabing
There have been arguments about Sentry, Void, Siege and Molecule Man. This has been an on again, off again discussion among mods and a few posters.

We think the best way to handle the disagreement is as follows:

• Siege Sentry/Void should be a self contained character within the arc for thread purposes. And not applied to anything before Siege.

• Sentry and Void feats are not interchangeable, at all.

• Siege feats by Sentry and Void should not be applied to anything preceding the arc.

• The Molecule Man vs Sentry/Void fight shouldn't be considered a typical or average showing since the power displayed happened only once and therefore isn't verifiable. Also, Owen's erratic past regarding his own mental state should be considered.

It's apparent that Sentry/Void was evolving during Siege by the feats and dialogue. It's also shown that Sentry was "voiding" out even when he still looked like regular Sentry. Given the ambiguity regarding Sentry/Void, we think it's for the best that the character be separated by the Siege arc.

So, to avoid excess flaming and bashing, we would like threads to show either the Siege Sentry/Void or regular Sentry/Void to avoid any problems.

How's that for a counter, eh?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

it's a matter of skill here and not raw power.

Sentry just discovered what his powers were and you expect him to use his power with the same skill than Molecule Man whom trained from decades ? Really ?

You just answered your own 'based on' question as to why he loses to Jaspers.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:52 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote