KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Did we ever learn who the 'mystery character' was at the end of ep.5?

...Or is the implication that it was Gideon?

That prolly wasn't Gideon. they should tell us sometime during season 2

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 04:01 AM
Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I finished episode 8 the other day. I enjoyed this series. Hellava lot better than any other new Star Wars shit. Will look forward to further installments.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2020 03:48 PM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm not sure why they made this a "re:View" but I'm enjoying it none-the-less...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 06:20 PM
Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Just read that Disney+ is currently valued at over $100 billion, thanks largely to the tremendous success of this show. thumb upthumb up

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Just read that Disney+ is currently valued at over $100 billion, thanks largely to the tremendous success of this show. thumb upthumb up

Lmao

So TROS is struggling to pass $1bill at the box office, and this show is adding value of tens of billions to Disney. Amazing.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Yep. I don't think anyone thought this show would be such a universal hit, but it most definitely is.

I'd be curious to see what the overall profits are with merch factored in, because you know people will buy the hell out of anything and everything Baby Yoda related. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 11:40 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by juggernaut74

Though I doubt it's going to be Boba as Disney seems to be pushing their characters over Lucas' characters.

What do you mean? They always bring Lucas characters in. And this show was inspired by Boba Fett. So they likely will, but when they do they will do so in a big way.

Originally posted by ares834
Also seeing a live action depiction of both the Darksaber and Death Watch is cool.

Darksaber shot was spoiled to me by some shit YouTuber. Served me right for waiting to watch this the legit way.
Gotta say though, the Darksaber didnt work too well in live action. Looked very animated. Hopefully they can improve that next season.

Edit: I just remembered the shit YouTuber was Disney! So I unsubscribed!

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 12th, 2020 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2020 11:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What do you mean? They always bring Lucas characters in. And this show was inspired by Boba Fett. So they likely will, but when they do they will do so in a big way.

I don't know maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyways I don't think Boba will appear because he might overshadow Mando. And more importantly Boba may very well be dead.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 02:33 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I don't know maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyways I don't think Boba will appear because he might overshadow Mando. And more importantly Boba may very well be dead.

Disagree. Its like saying they couldnt have Han Solo in the ST because that would overshadow Finn and Poe.

Boba was supposed to be dead in ROTJ. But that could easily be retconned. Would be fitting because the whole Mandalorian lore was inspired by Boba Fett (out of Universe). But like I said, would have to be a big moment. But I definitely see it happening.

Personally though Id prefer Cad Bane showing up.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 11:18 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm a Boba fan, but I don't think they should bring him back TBH, for more or less the same reasons they shouldn't have brought Palps back, let's say 50% of viewers are into the idea, they're not all going to like however it's executed, so you've pissed off the majority of your fan base to please like 1 in 4 people. Just leave him be I say, he became such a cult character because we know almost nothing about him, I think his name only gets said once.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 11:43 AM
Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Disney 100% did the right thing by making The Mandalorian a new character imo.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2020 03:58 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Disagree. Its like saying they couldnt have Han Solo in the ST because that would overshadow Finn and Poe.

Boba was supposed to be dead in ROTJ. But that could easily be retconned. Would be fitting because the whole Mandalorian lore was inspired by Boba Fett (out of Universe). But like I said, would have to be a big moment. But I definitely see it happening.

Personally though Id prefer Cad Bane showing up.

Han Solo died in the first movie of a trilogy so I don't think they were worried about that.

I don't think we'll see Boba Fett post ROTJ.

I thought Cad Bane was killed in that shootout with Boba in that unfinished Clone Wars episode. I think I read that that was canon?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 12:22 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Han Solo died in the first movie of a trilogy so I don't think they were worried about that.

I don't think we'll see Boba Fett post ROTJ.

I thought Cad Bane was killed in that shootout with Boba in that unfinished Clone Wars episode. I think I read that that was canon?

Kinda missing the point of the Han Solo example.

Was Cad Bane confirmed dead?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 08:21 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Kinda missing the point of the Han Solo example.

Was Cad Bane confirmed dead?
I think you are.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:21 AM
Darth Thor

I think you are.

Point being (which you clearly dont get) is Theres nothing wrong with a classic OG character looking better than the newer copycat.

Its not like hed be joining Mandos Crewe and turning it into the Boba Fett show.

Jeez.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2020 11:59 AM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote:
Bob Iger said the company is exploring "the possibility of infusing 'The Mandalorian' with more characters and taking those characters in their own direction in terms of series."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighter332
Jake Skywalker

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
Disney 100% did the right thing by making The Mandalorian a new character imo.

Disney wanted to play it safe - they knew after all the recent fvck-ups with established characters in the Saga, they couldn't afford one more screw up - so they did the safe and easy thing and instead of making a show about Boba Fett (which Lucas was going to do) they created their own safe knock-off of Boba Fett - and named him The Mandalorian.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2020 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Lighter332 a Private Message Find more posts by Lighter332 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Season 2 is slated to return in October. Confirmed by Iger.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I legit miss watching this series sad

Old Post Feb 6th, 2020 08:00 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote