KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If they’re setting up for the child to be Mandalore this might be the greatest story told since the OT. That’s such a radical departure and something that Legends writers wish they would’ve come up with

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 13th, 2020 04:43 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

That’s cool

Old Post May 20th, 2020 04:29 AM
Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Saw an unconfirmed leak/rumor that we might not actually see Boba himself here, but rather, someone who managed to scavenge his armor from the Sarlacc pit, and is now wearing it to pose as Boba or somesuch.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on May 21st, 2020 at 12:34 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2020 12:31 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Saw an unconfirmed leak/rumor that we might not actually see Boba himself here, but rather, someone who managed to scavenge his armor from the Sarlacc pit, and is now wearing it to pose as Boba or somesuch.

Jodo Kast? Although if he's scavenged the armor....

Old Post May 21st, 2020 02:02 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Similar premise to Jodo Kast, but I'm thinking this character(who the leaks say will be played by Timothy Olyphant) could be Cobb Vanth.

Cobb appeared in the Aftermath trilogy, and was the sheriff of "Freetown" on Tatooine. Cobb acquired his Mandalorian armor from a group of Jawas who had scavenged it from the Sarlacc pit after Jabba's sail barge was destroyed:
quote:
The mighty Sarlacc was injured. Burning wreckage from the sail barge had rained upon it. Already its body--considerably more massive than the mouth exposed from the sliding sands--had been partially unburied, its stoma-tubes slit open, its digesting innards pillaged by industrious Jawas. They pulled out weapons and armor, droids and tools. And skeletons, of course.

And the armor he acquired was described much like Boba's, and stated to look "eerily familiar" by Malakili(who was obviously quite familiar with Boba):
quote:
The Hutts were the law. Jabba was law. But now, with Jabba dead... Malakili rolls over and sits up. There, a man in Mandalorian armor, the suit of it pocked and pitted and streaked with scars. Armor that looks eerily familiar, and Malakili's innards clench at the sight of it. A carbine hangs at the man's side.

That being said, Temuera Morrison is supposed to be in this season as well, so I'm curious what role he'd be playing? Maybe Boba trying to track down his armor or somesuch?

Last edited by Galan007 on May 21st, 2020 at 03:05 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2020 03:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Ah I see. Well I guess there goes one of Boba's greatest feats of getting out of the Sarlacc by himself..well if he's even still alive.

Old Post May 21st, 2020 03:09 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I also wonder if the Jawas might have pulled Boba from the pit, took his armor, and left him there(seemingly dead)..?

Dunno. There's a few ways they could go with it, so I'm curious to see how it pans out.

Old Post May 21st, 2020 03:30 PM
Zenwolf

I also wonder if the Jawas might have pulled Boba from the pit, took his armor, and left him there(seemingly dead)..?

Dunno. There's a few ways they could go with it, so I'm curious to see how it pans out.

Given the quote of them pulling out skeletons....he probably is, though I guess we still need confirmation. But given his fans, he probably is alive....of course given what they did to poor Dengar....who knows...

Old Post May 21st, 2020 03:50 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A bunch of supplementary material is in the works...
quote:
-"The Art of The Mandalorian (Season One)" by Phil Szostak; cover by Doug Chiang.
-"The Mandalorian: Original Novel" by Adam Christopher.
-"The Mandalorian: The Ultimate Visual Guide" by Pablo Hidalgo.
-"The Mandalorian: Allies & Enemies -- Level Two Reader" by Brooke Vitale.
-"The Mandalorian: 8×8 Storybook (title to be revealed later)" by Brooke Vitale.
-"The Mandalorian: Junior Novelization" by Joe Schreiber.

Comic books based around "The Mandalorian" are coming, too. The comics will come from Marvel and IDW Publishing.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 08:33 PM
Scizard

I know Mandalorian is rather popular but I don't think Mandalorian comics/books will work nearly as well atleast until we finish S2. Mandalorian is just not that interesting I feel like it's the shows quality that made it good.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 12:28 PM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd only be interested if the comics/novels explored Din's early backstory more, and fleshed out his Mandalorian upbringing.

I don't really care much about a series exploring his previous bounty missions prior to the show. Like you said, I feel like that kind of story would only work as well as it did on-screen.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 4th, 2020 at 01:07 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2020 12:46 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Giancarlo Esposito was asked about the possibility of Moff Gideon being Force-sensitive:

"I say that's a possibility. I can't say for sure that that is completely the truth, but look, we've seen him come out of his TIE fighter, and we've seen him also with the Darksaber. I would have to say that there's some surprises coming down the pike in regards to the connection he has to the Force. You don't quite know where he fits in there, but he certainly has some information that we don't that connects him to the old school."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 04:52 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Mmm interesting, I'm really looking forward to season 2. Hope we get to know more about the mandalorian purge. Will it be released in 2020?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 08:06 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yep. S02 is still slated for release in October.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2020 09:37 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

looking forward to it

Old Post Sep 1st, 2020 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

You technically don't need to have the force to use the Darksaber proficiently (look at Pre Vizsla).

But Gideon being slightly force sensitive would probably be a decent explanation if he ends up being some master swordsman. Especially if he fights Ahsoka at all, like some of the promo matieral has alluded to.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2020 05:27 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Release date for S02 is October 30th:
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-m...-two-october-30

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:02 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Release date for S02 is October 30th:
https://www.starwars.com/news/the-m...-two-october-30
Yesssss

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2020 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 03:10 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Hyped!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2020 03:10 PM