KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 49 50 [51] 52 53 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have no doubt they will give more slack to Gunn than they would Carano if they felt she presented a problem.

Gunn had progressives defending him(his stuff was apparently okay, but Roseanne's was not cuz reasons), Carano has conservatives defending her. Which voices do you feel Disney gives more of a shit about? Which side do you feel they are more likely to try to placate?

There will never be a "republicans buy shoes too" moment from these people.

Last edited by Surtur on Jan 27th, 2021 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2021 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I have no doubt they will give more slack to Gunn than they would Carano if they felt she presented a problem.

Gunn had progressives defending him(his stuff was apparently okay, but Roseanne's was not cuz reasons), Carano has conservatives defending her. Which voices do you feel Disney gives more of a shit about? Which side do you feel they are more likely to try to placate?

The difference though in that what Gunn said was in the past (way in the past, like before Disney even hired him), whilst Rosanne was current stuff she was tweeting.

That said I agree Gina should not be punished for posting her dumb opinions. Its not like shes being racist or rapist.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
The difference though in that what Gunn said was in the past (way in the past, like before Disney even hired him), whilst Rosanne was current stuff she was tweeting.

That said I agree Gina should not be punished for posting her dumb opinions. Its not like shes being racist or rapist.

The problem with this is I just don't believe that if Roseanne had tweeted what she did years before hand and it came up that they would have behaved any differently.

Speculation of course, but I feel the way things have been this way in the country for the past 5 years yeah she would have got it whether it was current or tweeted years earlier.

She did poke fun at trans pronouns "my pronouns are beep/boop" lol. Is that as bad as racism? No, it's not even transphobic but for people who think it is yeah it's just as bad as if she said "mexicans are dumb".

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 03:49 PM
Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

Stop being a boob, they rehired Gunn because he brings in high millions (GOTG 1-2 netted over 1.6 billion), that's what they ultimately care about. They factor in what was said, how it was said and when it was said in regards to the fallout of bad rep vs earnings and potential future earnings. Gunn landed up, Roseanne didn't.

Yes, they will. It's not just your dreaded "Leftist" buying tickets, merchandise and subscriptions.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure thing, it'll be interesting to see if they are hypocrites and do anything to Gina.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 09:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, I still can't decide if the CGI to make Luke look young in the finale was good or if it was bad.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 10:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Mandalorian Season 3 will air around Mar-Apr 2022

The Book of Boba in late 2021.

Star Wars: Kenobi is still TBA, but could be in 2022 (filming starts spring of 2021)

Rangers of the New Republic is still TBA

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2021 12:45 AM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 11:54 PM
ares834

And she's outta here!

With that said, I fail to see the issue with comparing religious beliefs to political ones. What she said was stupid. But was it firing worth? lol no Heck, if anything it only shows she is more correct then most realize.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 05:02 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by ares834
And she's outta here!

With that said, I fail to see the issue with comparing religious beliefs to political ones. What she said was stupid. But was it firing worth? lol no Heck, if anything it only shows she is more correct then most realize.

(please log in to view the image)

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Nooo Ginaaaaa, why did they fire her for some dumb utterance? That has nothing to do with her character in The Mandalorian sad damn, first Johnny depp, now Gina sad btw wasn’t Walt Disney borderline racist too? I guess if they are coherent they should destroy Disney too now :P

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 08:50 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAloysius

And she's outta here!

Using the (incomparable) suffering of Jewish people under Nazi Germany to make people feel sorry for you by painting yourself as the victim is bad and abhorrent, yeah. Disney made the right choice.

And Jews are an ethnoreligious group, its not just a belief.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 08:51 AM
Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by DarthAloysius
Using the (incomparable) suffering of Jewish people under Nazi Germany to make people feel sorry for you by painting yourself as the victim is bad and abhorrent, yeah. Disney made the right choice.

That being abhorrent is something we all agree (I hope). But what has that to do with her performances on screen? Does it make her a bad actress? Does she say the same things as Cara Dune on the Mandalorian?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Total Warrior
That being abhorrent is something we all agree (I hope). But what has that to do with her performances on screen? Does it make her a bad actress? Does she say the same things as Cara Dune on the Mandalorian?

Way to miss the point. If somebody murders/rapes someone, are you also going to stand up and say, "But the character is innocent!"?

She got fired because what she said violated the principles represented by Disney, namely, "Don't be a f.cking a..hole."

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 09:18 AM
Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by DarthAloysius

People make stupid and hyperbolic statements like this all the time. The amount of things that get compared to the Holocaust or to Nazis is innumerable. Hell there is even an internet “rule” for this phenomenon called Godwin’s law. What she said was undoubtedly stupid and insensitive but I wouldn’t go nearly as far as to call it “abhorrent”.
And no, she did not actually compare the supposed persecution of Conservatives to the suffering of the Jewish people.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 01:12 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So they gave in to the mob of left wing snowflakes. Pathetic? Yes. Surprising? No.

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Way to miss the point. If somebody murders/rapes someone, are you also going to stand up and say, "But the character is innocent!"?

She got fired because what she said violated the principles represented by Disney, namely, "Don't be a f.cking a..hole."

That's a big fat Nope. It's peachy keen if you agree with their choice, but do not gaslight others into believing this was done because they have principles because they do not. They hired back James Gunn. On top of that, I doubt Disney will be cutting ties with every single actor that, over the past 4 years, made hyperbolic statements comparing Trump to Hitler, Republicans to nazis, ice detention centers to concentration camps, etc.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 02:27 PM
JediMaster97

Originally posted by Dreampanther

Nonsense. What Gina said was inappropriate and stupid. However, it was not even close to being as bad as Pedro Pascal calling Trump supporters Nazis, High Republic authors constantly bashing white people or Lucasfilm removing John Boyega from a poster to appease the racist Chinese government.

An ideologically left wing company giving in to an angry left wing Twitter mob. That's what this is.

I can only hope that people who are just as upset about this as I am actually stop giving Disney/Lucasfilm their money. It's probably the only effective way to push back against woke cancel culture.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 03:29 PM
Click here to Send JediMaster97 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMaster97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAloysius

People make stupid and hyperbolic statements like this all the time. The amount of things that get compared to the Holocaust or to Nazis is innumerable. Hell there is even an internet “rule” for this phenomenon called Godwin’s law. What she said was undoubtedly stupid and insensitive but I wouldn’t go nearly as far as to call it “abhorrent”.
And no, she did not actually compare the supposed persecution of Conservatives to the suffering of the Jewish people.
No, I would say this particular brand of rhetoric is exclusive to conservative circles, who seem intent on profilerating the myth that they are somehow being persecuted.

“How is that any different from hating someone for their political views.” Is what the post said, “this” being how the Jews were treated by the Nazis. I’m not sure how this cannot be considered a comparison, that was the point of the post.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 04:18 PM
Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Leftists have been calling trump and his supporters nazis for years. They called ice detention centers concentration camps

So no, we will not be saying it is only conservatives. Period.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 04:37 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JediMaster97
Nonsense. What Gina said was inappropriate and stupid. However, it was not even close to being as bad as Pedro Pascal calling Trump supporters Nazis, High Republic authors constantly bashing white people or Lucasfilm removing John Boyega from a poster to appease the racist Chinese government.

An ideologically left wing company giving in to an angry left wing Twitter mob. That's what this is.

I can only hope that people who are just as upset about this as I am actually stop giving Disney/Lucasfilm their money. It's probably the only effective way to push back against woke cancel culture.

But...but...pedro pascal must be a conservative then, we've been told only they pull this bullshit.

Time to cancel this dude. Fire him.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 04:39 PM