KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zenwolf

Oh jeez, is IG-11 gonna be the comic relief?..."Like a child with a gun."

That kinda kills it for me..the character I mean. But maybe on screen it'll be different, but the way that was sounding...

Also guess further confirmation Boba and Jango aren't Mandos in this continuity.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 5th, 2019 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 08:39 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yes, he will be. He is being voiced by Taika Waititi. I'm fine with a comedic droid like HK-47 but I doubt they will go that angle. And even if they do, the voice actor's voice is incredibly grating and I don't see it working.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 08:49 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Interesting article:
https://ew.com/tv/2019/09/05/inside...rian-star-wars/

Moff Gideon laughing out loud

I like the tag line - A New Hope for Tv,

Very fitting given this show has given hope to the Star Wars franchise again after the crap fest ST.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Moff Gideon laughing out loud

I like the tag line - A New Hope for Tv,

Very fitting given this show has given hope to the Star Wars franchise again after the crap fest ST.

Which it honestly shouldn't be this way to begin with....but here we are.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2019 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Wellp, apparently this show is gonna have political messaging. I just hope it's not like..about our own RL stuff and more SW related, but we'll see.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 11th, 2019 at 03:51 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 03:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not surprised.

This is supposed to be set in a period of political instability: after the Empire was brought down, but before the New Republic was established and strong enough to police the galaxy with any sort of efficiency.

Like you said, I just don't want to see any real world political bleedover in the show...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2019 04:20 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Favreau was asked if this show would include characters like Thrawn and Mara Jade. His response:
quote:
"I don't want to talk about anything that might be fun for people to discover," Favreau says. "We do have conversations. Part of what's fun to see if we could merge the worlds of the original trilogy, the prequels, the sequels, The Clones Wars, and what's been considered canon up to this point and what's been considered part of Legends. I think this show offers an opportunity to bring in all those elements so no matter what your flavor of Star Wars ice cream you like there will be something to enjoy. But you're asking the right questions."

Filoni also talked about his excitement at seeing one of his creations come to life on this show:
quote:
"Having a character you wrote walk up and talk to you in full costume on a set that you imagined that was a wonderful thing."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2019 at 01:45 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Well I just wonder who it could be if that is true? As if it wouldn’t be obvious, there’s only 3 possible characters of his that could be. However given the premise of the show, probably Sabine.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Sep 12th, 2019 at 01:51 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 01:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well I just wonder who it could be if that is true? As if it wouldn't be obvious, there's only 3 possible characters of his that could be. However given the premise of the show, probably Sabine.
Sabine would definitely make the most sense, but you know Filoni would try to cram Ahsoka into this by any means possible.

Favreau's comment just gives me hope the we'll be seeing a very dynamic cast of characters. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 12th, 2019 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 01:50 PM
Zenwolf

Sabine would definitely make the most sense, but you know Filoni would try to cram Ahsoka into this by any means possible.

Favreau's comment just gives me hope the we'll be seeing a very dynamic cast of characters. thumb up

Probably...I still feel like she should have died at the finale in Season 2...<.<

But anyway, here's hoping so long as they aren't some kinda platform for ridiculous agendas about the real world that have nothing to do with SW.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2019 04:04 PM
Darth Thor

Probably...I still feel like she should have died at the finale in Season 2...<.<

Or indefinitely trapped in limbo.

Her being around post ROTJ is just retarded.

Filoni also talked about his excitement at seeing one of his creations come to life on this show:

You sure hes not referring to characters hes created for The Mandalorian?

That said, I fully expect TCW and/or Rebels characters to pop up at some point.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Sep 14th, 2019 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2019 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Apparently Bill Burr is also in this? Didn't realize that...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2019 07:48 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I hope we get to see live versions of Ahsoka, Ezra, and Sabine in this. They are still alive in this part of the timeline as far as I know but they might not be in the same galaxy.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2019 08:52 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Evidently ~30mins of the show was released by Disney to a handful of journalists. Their reactions are overwhelmingly positive. thumb up

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 09:18 PM
Zenwolf

I have a hard time trusting critics and journalists tbh.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 10:48 PM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah I mean TFA and TLJ have RT % scores in like the 90s and 80s respectively.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 10:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I have a hard time trusting critics and journalists tbh.
Same. Whether the reviews are good or bad, I always need to watch it for myself.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2019 10:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

^ Yeah I mean TFA and TLJ have RT % scores in like the 90s and 80s respectively.

Still butthurt two years later hilarious

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 12:09 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

It's not even just about SW, but rather everything these days....there's always some kinda agenda or false reports or whatever being written just for views or likes or to make 'entertainment'. Like just give me the truth, I don't care about all this nonsense or biased against so and so...your job is to write what is actually going on.

If you want to write a story, then become a novelist or something.

It's like there's no real journalism or critics anymore and you basically have to be an eye witness to get any kind of truth, which can be difficult or near impossible depending on what it is.

I mean I get critics are criticizing about something that can be viewed one way or the other, but be reasonable about it ya know?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 21st, 2019 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 03:39 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
Still butthurt two years later hilarious

Lmao I think bringing Palpatine back shows whose truly butthurt.

Desperate Disney begging Prequel fans for their money now laughing out loud

I mean I get critics are criticizing about something that can be viewed one way or the other, but be reasonable about it ya know?

Except with those 2 films they didnt criticise. Like they all just turned a blind eye to the blatant faults in those films. And why? Because Disney has Star Wars now! Whoop!

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 21st, 2019 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 07:52 AM