KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » You know, Celebs and sex scandals are nothing new

You know, Celebs and sex scandals are nothing new
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (68): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
So since I'm revisiting 90's comics, John Byrne had Lex Luthor say to a girl who said she's not that kind of woman: "My dear, EVERYONE is that kind of woman. It all depends on price.. For some, a wedding ring. For some, a hollywood contract."

Yeah, everyone's always known this shite happened.

Everyone also knows fake id's were a thing. And they can cover a lot of years. Tracy Lords, wasn't she only 13?

Do I think a lot of these hollywood people didn't know about the age gap? Yeah, I do.

Do I feel sorry for them, if some starlet/wanna be decides to cash in by revealing their real age? Hell, no. They were exploiting young hopefuls for sexual favors.

Do I think the starlets are innocent in this? Nope.. They made a choice, many. Sleeping your way to fame and getting a fake id are decisions. And our society says kids are exempt from their bad decisions, even if they lie about their age and nobody could tell any different.

I think the reason these creeps are getting theirs is kind of ****ed up, but I have no sympathy for them.

Bingo, and I just hate how...it seems like most of Hollywood knew about these things. At least Weinstein and probably Spacey too. They did nothing. They ignored it for their careers. All the while lecturing the rest of the country and acting superior.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

So since I'm revisiting 90's comics, John Byrne had Lex Luthor say to a girl who said she's not that kind of woman: "My dear, EVERYONE is that kind of woman. It all depends on price.. For some, a wedding ring. For some, a hollywood contract."

Yeah, everyone's always known this shite happened.

Everyone also knows fake id's were a thing. And they can cover a lot of years. Tracy Lords, wasn't she only 13?

Do I think a lot of these hollywood people didn't know about the age gap? Yeah, I do.

Do I feel sorry for them, if some starlet/wanna be decides to cash in by revealing their real age? Hell, no. They were exploiting young hopefuls for sexual favors.

Do I think the starlets are innocent in this? Nope.. They made a choice, many. Sleeping your way to fame and getting a fake id are decisions. And our society says kids are exempt from their bad decisions, even if they lie about their age and nobody could tell any different.

I think the reason these creeps are getting theirs is kind of ****ed up, but I have no sympathy for them.

While I agree with some of that in my mind I'm more perplexed at the fact someone "feels" the need to do that to even enter a business or forced into that position to excel at said position.

Clearly the issue is at the top, since they hire/fire while the ones looking to get into the business are for a lack of a better term, a pawn.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:21 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo, and I just hate how...it seems like most of Hollywood knew about these things. At least Weinstein and probably Spacey too. They did nothing. They ignored it for their careers. All the while lecturing the rest of the country and acting superior.

Who exactly are you referring to with "they!"? Seems like you're soapbox shouting while ignoring that you supported one of these people for POTUS. Weird.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look at Louis CK and how Jon Stewart just tries to pretend he had NO IDEA his friend was like this. They were good friends.

Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Who exactly are you referring to with "they!"? Seems like you're soapbox shouting while ignoring that you supported one of these people for POTUS. Weird.

Virtual signaling? Nice. "They" is Hollywood in general. The actors and actresses. The directors. The producers.

EDIT: Oh nice edit Robert. soapbox shouting does sound better than virtual signaling.

Robtard
Senor Member

Virtual signaling? Nice. "They" is Hollywood in general. The actors and actresses. The directors. The producers.

EDIT: Oh nice edit Robert. soapbox shouting does sound better than virtual signaling.

The **** drugs are you on? You quoted me and it says "soapbox shouting" and I can't edit your post, only mine.

Anyhow, so you mean the entertainment industry? Trump's a part of that and a bragging sexual predator. You really have no moral high ground over those you condemn here, try as you might.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The **** drugs are you on? You quoted me and it says "soapbox shouting" and I can't edit your post, only mine.

Anyhow, so you mean the entertainment industry? Trump's a part of that and a bragging sexual predator. You really have no moral high ground over those you condemn here, try as you might.

I don't know why you'd pretend you didn't change it, but okay Rob.

And stop talking about the moral high ground lol. I never said I had it. You don't either.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:29 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Just stop with the fake outrage over the entertainment industry, you supported/voted in a confessed sexual predator, you're no better than those who knew about Harvey Shitstein and did nothing.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just stop with the fake outrage over the entertainment industry, you supported/voted in a confessed sexual predator, you're no better than those who knew about Harvey Shitstein and did nothing.

Oh Rob, you literally whined about a "you mad" thing earlier. You supported someone who put down people who said her husband sexually abused them, and then had the gall to say all women have a right to be believed.

I'd suggest you get off that high horse right quick lol.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Oh Rob, you literally whined about a "you mad" thing earlier. You supported someone who put down people who said her husband sexually abused them, and then had the gall to say all women have a right to be believed.

I'd suggest you get off that high horse right quick lol.

I didn't call you mad here, that's your poor reading comprehension again.

Yes, I supported a woman who believed her crappy cheating husband, that's clearly the same as supporting a confessed sexual predator. Or worse, cos feelings and pretend land.

Fact is you pegged Weinstein as guilty from the start and attacked anyone who hadn't spoken out in the past against thim, but defended Trump on similar settings and continue to do so. Deal. With. It.

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 16th, 2017 at 10:56 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:51 PM
cdtm

Did you see the "insider" article back in the comic talk page?

It's not an excuse for inaction (The contrary, his excuse is Weinstein was a "golden goose", making everybody rich.) but he does make some points:

quote:
Who would we go to?

The police? And tell them what? (In other words, he asks what can be proven is both parties deny a problem.)

The media? Hollywood owns the media. (VERY interesting comment.)

The management? What management?

The "insider" is human garbage, but if someone did come forward on this, I'd bet at the time nothing gets done about it, and the whistle blower gets blackballed from Hollywood forever.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Did you see the "insider" article back in the comic talk page?

It's not an excuse for inaction (The contrary, his excuse is Weinstein was a "golden goose", making everybody rich.) but he does make some points:

The "insider" is human garbage, but if someone did come forward on this, I'd bet at the time nothing gets done about it, and the whistle blower gets blackballed from Hollywood forever.

I didn't, but it's always hard being the first one, as there's always victim blaming in play. I also imagine it's easier now than before, with how fast information is spread.

Just look at all these recent cases, one person comes out and then the bigger picture starts forming and we see patterns.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I didn't call you mad here, that's your poor reading comprehension again.

Yes, I supported a woman who believed her crappy cheating husband, that's clearly the same as supporting a confessed sexual predator. Or worse, cos feelings and pretend land.

Fact is you pegged Weinstein as guilty from the start and attacked anyone who hadn't spoken out in the past against thim, but defended Trump on similar settings and continue to do so. Deal. With. It.

Oh Rob, I just don't care about your outrage. And I never said you called me mad here. I said you whined about it earlier.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:00 PM
cdtm

I didn't, but it's always hard being the first one, as there's always victim blaming in play. I also imagine it's easier now than before, with how fast information is spread.

Just look at all these recent cases, one person comes out and then the bigger picture starts forming and we see patterns.

I agree, it's easier now on something like this, because the groundwork is laid on sexual harrasment/predatory norms, and because of social media.

For first responders, whistleblowing can ruin lives. Maybe not as badly as acting against the government (Like the poor Israeli whistleblower on their hidden nuclear program, who was duped by a woman operative and kidnapped), but I'd imagine there are plenty of people in Hollywood/the media who could/would "squash you like a bug" if you threatened their "golden geese"..

To come forward under that takes tremendous courage, imo.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I've no doubt that played an aspect to some.

We have a support ring of sorts now more than before where if someone comes out, they're likely not going to be alone, as sexual predators rarely stop at preying on one person, in fact, they seem to keep on doing it until exposed it seems.

eg How many people have come out on Moore now. Spacey?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:34 PM
dadudemon

I think it is much easier to come out about these things. In fact, it is probably cathartic to come out about these things.

B and C-list actors may need to be careful about this, however. They should probably contact the media to protect themselves. The C-listers may not even have the money to hire a lawyer to properly go about this. no expression

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:47 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:19 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lmao, solid gold!

Ohio Democrat defends Al Franken with a bizarre Facebook rant

"O’Neill, a judge on the state’s supreme court, appeared to be reacting to the recent disclosure that Minnesota Sen. Al Franken, a fellow Democrat, had groped a radio host while the two were on a USO tour.

“Now that the dogs of war are calling for the head of Senator Al Franken I believe it is time to speak up on behalf of all heterosexual males,” he wrote.

“In the last 50 years I was sexually intimate with approximately 50 very attractive females,” O’Neill continued. He then described two alleged encounters, one with a secretary to a former Ohio U.S. senator and another with a woman he claimed was a “senior adviser” to the late Peter Lewis, an insurance magnate who was also a large Democratic donor."

LOL!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 12:44 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lena Dunham, who said women don’t lie about rape, defends ‘Girls’ writer accused of rape

Lena Dunham in August: “Things women do lie about : what they ate for lunch. Things women don’t lie about : rape.”

Lena Dunham now when it comes to someone who wrote for her show "Girls": “While our first instinct is to listen to every woman’s story, our insider knowledge of Murray’s situation makes us confident that sadly this accusation is one of the 3% of assault cases that are misreported every year,” Dunham’s spokesperson said.

“It is a true shame to add to that number, as outside of Hollywood women still struggle to be believed. We stand by Murray and this is all we’ll be saying about this issue,” Dunham concluded.

laughing

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:23 PM
Adam_PoE

There you go, getting trigger by Lena Dunham again.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 10:45 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote