KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » You know, Celebs and sex scandals are nothing new

You know, Celebs and sex scandals are nothing new
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (68): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
I didn't make it a partisan thing. Bush started the great divide as far as I see. it's been growing since him.

you made it a partisan thing for some reason. I didn't like what I knew of bush either. nor his successor.
I don't know your intentions but I assumed by great divide you were referring to liberals and conservatives being further apart today than they were decades ago? If that is your meaning than I disagree, Bush was not a polarizing figure. For the most part, conservatives AND liberals were united in their criticisms of Bush.

The cause of today's divide I think can be attributed to more complex, sinister causes. Misinformation and propaganda have crowded our information channels, paranoia is back in a different way. I don't think this has to do with Bush himself, but it did start under the Bush administration.

Originally posted by socool8520
So your'e not really digging Obama for his airstrikes in several countries then right? If we are being fair?
Yeah that's a point on which I would criticize Obama. I think his use of drones was misguided and ultimately more harmful than helpful.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:02 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
that actually is the assumption being peddled by our resident confirmation-bias addicts, though: that the left and hollywood are two heads of the same snake, when the reality of the situation is just as you say. hollywood= all persuasions just like politics.

Honestly, looking back through all the posts, I didn't see where anyone made this a Leftywood situation except Fly. And Fly's gonna be Fly so....lol

socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Hollywood does seem to be considerably more liberal. the recent rash of sex scandals in Hollywood are by people of liberal persuasion.
this is just the truth

however, there's no shortage of "religious" righties doings sick things in politics.

Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Just putting the "FACTS' out there. And some times the FACTS hurt.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:03 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hollywood does seem to be considerably more liberal. the recent rash of sex scandals in Hollywood are by people of liberal persuasion.
this is just the truth

however, there's no shortage of "religious" righties doings sick things in politics.
Power corrupts people of all persuasions, doesn't matter.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:04 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by socool8520
Honestly, looking back through all the posts, I didn't see where anyone made this a Leftywood situation except Fly. And Fly's gonna be Fly so....lol

EXACTLY. it's usually one of Fly's comments that someone attaches to. he makes these general statements with some condescending catch phrase that is hashed in the right wing media 10000 times a day and someone else runs with it.

you're alright fly but those little brain washed catch phrases make anyone who uses them look ignorant as shiit

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:05 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What is it like trying to not pick a side to be on My Little Sun Dried Grape?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:06 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Firefly218
Power corrupts people of all persuasions, doesn't matter.

I can agree. I just think it takes a certain personality. you have to be kind of a scum bag that can easily lie to yourself to become a mother phucker like some of these dudes.

give me millions and all the power in the world and i'm still not turning into a Weinstein (if he's guilty)

we blame it on outside sources but this shiit all comes from inside and how strong you are mentally

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:07 PM
Raisen

Originally posted by Flyattractor
What is it like trying to not pick a side to be on My Little Sun Dried Grape?

my side is honesty and truth.

you talk like phucking rush Limbaugh dude. you're brain washed and ignorant.
and you have to choose "sides" that are already established for you like life is just two phucking sports teams competing.

I live by my own interpretations. you live by talk radio slogans

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

people are just biting this shiit like I made it partisan lol. when it was firefly that ended up making it partisan.

funny how this shiit works

I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post and why I agreed with it and gave an example.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 14th, 2017 at 08:12 PM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

my side is honesty and truth.

you talk like phucking rush Limbaugh dude. you're brain washed and ignorant.
and you have to choose "sides" that are already established for you like life is just two phucking sports teams competing.

I live by my own interpretations. you live by talk radio slogans

Dude, you're wasting your time trying to reason and logic with Fly, he's a moron and his sole purpose here is to say moronic things.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Robtard
I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post

then he came out prematurely defensive by stating let's not make this a partisan thing...as he quoted me.

either way it's no big deal

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:11 PM
Adam_PoE

TIL: Rape culture now exist when before it was just a "Leftist" lie, but only in Hollywood.

Except Roger Ailes, and Bill O'Reilly, and . . .

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:12 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

And George Takei and Kevin Spacey and...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:16 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think he was trying to manipulate your point at all, just explaining how he's not a "my side can do no wrong" either and would call out shit as being shit wherever it pops up, I least that's how I read his post and why I agreed with it and gave an example.
thumb up

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

No human being should have the degree of untouchable power or royalty that men like Weinstein and Ailes had.

Not to mention that to even attain that level of CEO success, the person likely has a twisted mind to begin with. A good portion of CEOs are psychopaths able to focus on themselves single-mindedly and sacrifice all those who get in their way. No one totally sound of mind has the initiative to become a Hollywood mogul or News titan

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:20 PM
Flyattractor

Ahh the good old "only Poor People are Good People" drivel.
Ok to HATE THE RICH AND ThE WHITE!

Love that narrative.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:21 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ahh the good old "only Poor People are Good People" drivel.
Ok to HATE THE RICH AND ThE WHITE!

Love that narrative.
There's like a Stanford study on it. The type of people who become CEOs are generally very different from everyday folk. To reach the pinnacle of an industry you've got to have special brain chemistry.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:26 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ That doesn't automatically mean psycho

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:27 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Firefly218
There's like a Stanford study on it. The type of people who become CEOs are generally very different from everyday folk. To reach the pinnacle of an industry you've got to have special brain chemistry.

I know; Hollywood has been telling me that Rich People are EVIL for Decades now.

eek!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:30 PM
Raisen

I'm more of a conservative libertarian. blaming rich people in general seems silly to me but...

how do you explain the type of mentality of a guy that is worth billions and can easily lay off a guy a few years from retiremement. just to save 40k a year. a guy with kids that have problems and a wife. a guy who is going to be destroyed.
just common sense thinking. what kind of person does it take to do this?

what does someone say inside their head to make this ok?

i'm genuinely asking. i really want insight into this because i know i'm an a$$hole but i've given the last few dollars in my wallet to the few homeless people that actually convinced me of their plight.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:32 PM