KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs. Ghost Rider

Superman Vs. Ghost Rider
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

Punisher tanking it was PIS.

Guilt isn't supposed to matter.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 03:53 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Countless comics have pointed out that Superman is... human. A sinner, just like the rest of us. Flawed.

Didn't know you cared stilt.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 04:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Punisher tanking it was PIS.

Guilt isn't supposed to matter.

He's been an agent of heaven, has resisted telepathy with great success (his brain was compared to that of a reptile)... Vietnam, his war on crime, him murdering his resurrected family... all of that has made Frank an emotionless, soulless killing machine.

Sure, it should've worked anyway... truth is, as inconsistent as PS is, I could see it going either way. Depends on writer's whim, basically.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Didn't know you cared stilt.

I'm full of surprises.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 04:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Nah.

Castle is everything Supes is not.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...6-punisher3.jpg

Penance stare worked on good guys before. Superman is far from perfect, as long as his soul and vision are intact, the PS can mess him up.

This is nothing but pure wank for the Punisher. It doesn't matter if he regretted the things he's done, he still kill, he still cause pain to others, even the innocent bystanders he's war has effected.

So him resisting if pure shitty writing.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 04:25 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

anyway, in this thread gr still has no answer for superman's speed. may depend on the limits gr is willing to go to though:

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...-gr_13_0023.jpg

if blaze/ketch/host is in control, superman can score a ko. if he goes full rider....that would be a much MUCH different animal... his weapons could definitely do some damage if he can hit. aoe attacks would hurt supes, amybe enough to give gr a chance to use them. depends fully on what level gr we're talking about. such a complicated character.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:55 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Flash, Hyperion,Gladiator, Superman, Quicksilver, Supreme and ALL other speedsters have been smashed, knocked silly and tagged by FAR slower characters Plenty of times. This " no answer for speed " excuse is getting old and useless.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:25 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by SquallX
This is nothing but pure wank for the Punisher. It doesn't matter if he regretted the things he's done, he still kill, he still cause pain to others, even the innocent bystanders he's war has effected.

So him resisting if pure shitty writing.

You're acting as if he was the only "bad to the bone" badass that resisted it...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JBL
Flash, Hyperion,Gladiator, Superman, Quicksilver, Supreme and ALL other speedsters have been smashed, knocked silly and tagged by FAR slower characters Plenty of times. This " no answer for speed " excuse is getting old and useless.

So true, same as the massive misunderstanding about how fights happens in comics & mangas...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:53 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by leonidas
pfft. wtf would a high ranking angel from heaven know about purity or souls? ffs can we PLEASE just ban stupid people? i'm begging at this point.

talk about gr's highest healing feats, or his magic weapons or...anything, but ffs do not talk about the ps taking him out. and of course anyone with a lick of sense enough to realize this fact just HAS to whack off to superman, amiright??? ****ing imbeciles.
laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:57 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably Superman

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:01 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

*sigh* 3 examples of Supes tanking similar attacks just fine and people are claiming they don't count without providing any real evidence for why the attack would work...and then claiming the people providing the scans of Supes taking those attacks are the biased ones...this is somewhat similar to the lifting thread where Carver claimed that bench pressing the earth's weight doesn't count as lifting, because it's a different kind of lifting. Christ. What the f**k?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 09:56 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by JBL
You have to have a pure soul to lift thors hammer. Guess who failed. I love how everybody along with rats come out of hiding to praise one scan when there are plenty others saying the opposite.

You have a single scan supporting your claim of "purity of soul" being a factor?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:05 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol. Asmodel says hi. He's actually used an attack that is analogous to the Penance Stare, as close as you can get anyway.

And Superman wasn't affected.

A good point, and one I would have made.

However, as I understand it the PS basically only taps into your guilt. And post crisis Superman carried some terrible guilt over the Zod execution.

It got so bad, he was dressing up as Gangbuster in his sleep and eventually ditched Earth for awhile.

Edit: And I really need to start reading threads before posting.

I guess being it's Castle, PIS is justifiable.. The character is a walking PIS factory.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 17th, 2017 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by cdtm
A good point, and one I would have made.

However, as I understand it the PS basically only taps into your guilt. And post crisis Superman carried some terrible guilt over the Zod execution.

It got so bad, he was dressing up as Gangbuster in his sleep and eventually ditched Earth for awhile.

To my understanding, that is a rare take on the PS. Possibly even something a writer pulled out of his ass for Punisher. I'm certainly no expert, but I'd always heard it as not guilt related but them feeling the pain they inflicted on innocents, all at once or something like that. But that's the example getting used primarily now.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:17 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote