KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sick and tired of Superhero movies?

Sick and tired of Superhero movies?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Whether Marvel OR DC, I really am sick and tired of all these movies coming out lately, its all thats filling the boards and the movie vs forums.

God forbid a vs thread happens to be between 2 normal humans that aren't Jason Bourne.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:21 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Marvel/Disney is too good at the game to say I don't look forward with giddy anticipation to every MCU movie that is released. Feige and co. have earned it.

Fox as of late has been great with X-verse stuff like Deadpool and Logan, so I can't complain about them.

Jury is still out on DCEU.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:25 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am not tired of them. In a way it makes sense that we have all these movies and tv shows now. Since the technology for films has become so advanced...of course we're going to a put a lot of our more fantastical tales on the big or small screen.

IMO they tend to provide a better escape than most other movies and shows do. On top of that there are still plenty of other movies that come out that one can watch if they are not in the mood for super hero films. Comedy, drama, horror, and non-superhero related action films are still made. It is the same with tv shows, there is a lot of non-fantasy stuff to choose from.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Marvel/Disney is too good at the game to say I don't look forward with giddy anticipation to every MCU movie that is released. Feige and co. have earned it.

Fox as of late has been great with X-verse stuff like Deadpool and Logan, so I can't complain about them.

Jury is still out on DCEU.

Indeed, Marvel has become quite adept at mixing action with interesting stories and characters.

The DCEU has not gotten there yet, but there is too much money to be made and the popularity of these kinds of movies isn't going anywhere anytime soon it seems, so I feel like sooner or later they will get there.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 11th, 2017 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some of them I will still probably continue to enjoy as long as they stay quality (like Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy). Others are abysmal crap like Doctor Strange and some I have no interest in whatsoever, like Captain America Civil War. But yes, I am getting sick of the superhero formula. It's obnoxious that we've had so many Spiderman reboots in such a short period of time. It's shameless money grubbing because it's a guaranteed massive profit, not to mention merchandising. I've already seen merchandise on the shelves for Justice League, but I will say at least it looks so awful it should be funny...

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

The problem is over-saturation of these type of movies and all the "Me too" jumping on the shared universe bandwagon studios

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

How many shared universes is there?

WB probably has the most with the DCEU, Monster, Conjuring, all of which have been very profitable.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 08:33 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

butthurt dummie... butthurt dummies

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 10:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by juggernaut74
How many shared universes is there?

To add and extrapolate onto your list:

- Disney/Marvel/Lucasfilm have MCU, Star Wars, and stuff like Once on ABC.
- Fox has X-Men verse and the failed Fant4stic attempt.
- Sony is in league with Disney trying the Spider-Man/Venom route.
- Universal has the Dark Universe and Fast and Furious. Also, it appears the M. Night Shyamalanadingdong universe is taking shape with Split (a very interesting foundation has been set for this one).
- WB has DCEU, The Hobbit/LotR, and Conjuring.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:00 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

My concerns are two-fold:

- The over-saturation/reboot reboot reboot points that Inhuman and Leech pointed out.
- I remain optimistic along with Surtur that the DCEU continues to find its stride and get to the same quality status as the MCU, and it will somewhat mirror the decades-long comic rivalry: some people are more DC, some people prefer their Marvel, but both companies release quality products.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:03 PM
Slowpoke

Not yet, but I got a bit bored on the MCU style.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 11:03 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If you don't like em don't go see them, Simple as that

no ones twisting your arm.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Sick and tired of Superhero movies?

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Not one bit, no.
Growing up i never thought i'd get to see so many well done live action versions of the characters i love so much.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 05:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Nope
I want more funny quips, forgettable villains, and a single studio trying to homogenize it all and make it family friendly

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:31 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I'n glad to be part of a generation that grew up reading comics & to be able to see their live action versions on the big screen.

My only gripe is that the more I see of The Avengers, the more I'm starting to care less about the storyline, much less the individual characters themselves.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:16 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

People crying over this is hilarious. I don't give a shit how upset this makes you. It's great for the movie industry and do not see them if this makes you cry at night. The goal of any studio is to make money. Leech is very stupid if he believes otherwise. The reason we don't see an outcry in support of Riddick is because it doesn't make money and isn't popular. Poor leech.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 01:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

If you don't like comic book/superhero films, then don't watch them.

Simple.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 03:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^pretty much.
Like me and rap music.

But is IS a valid question. Just seems most of us aren't tired of these movies.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
butthurt dummie... butthurt dummies
dummy*

second one you got right.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:32 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Whether Marvel OR DC, I really am sick and tired of all these movies coming out lately, its all thats filling the boards and the movie vs forums.

God forbid a vs thread happens to be between 2 normal humans that aren't Jason Bourne.
call the police and have the person making you watch them arrested.

also, you can make the human v human threads yourself.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:54 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Re: Sick and tired of Superhero movies?

Then don't watch the movies or post in the threads.

You have the ability to start as many topics involving normal humans as you like.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:59 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote