KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sick and tired of Superhero movies?

Sick and tired of Superhero movies?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

lol you guys are so mean! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 05:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I haven't seen Thor 3 yet, but they discuss Marvel/Superhero movie fatigue a little bit...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

They are just starting to get good

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:34 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ That's sort of the point. They are having to get a little weirder and more creative because the formula is getting old. But Thor 3 does apparently still hold to the formula some.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 06:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I haven't seen Thor 3 yet, but they discuss Marvel/Superhero movie fatigue a little bit...

They are making huge profits with no sign of slowing down. Who cares if some losers don't like them. Don't watch them. Continue to rewatch Riddick until you die.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ You're awfully defensive there, quanch. Did your butt-plug come out?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:07 PM
quanchi112
Disney

^ You're awfully defensive there, quanch. Did your butt-plug come out?
When you cry over these films it's appalling. Do not go see them but just shut the **** up about it.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Tired of superhero movies? Hell no. Not ordinary no: Hell no.

It's as if superhero comics had been patiently waiting for the development of CGI effects to bring this larger-than-life genre, finally, to the big screen. They were made for each other. And now that it's here, we are goin' full throttle, to the delight of every kid (even those much older) who has ever loved reading superhero comics.

I could see if the movies were horribly written and were relying largely on FX, but this is not the case (well, not with Marvel anyway; and IMO, DC finally scored a solid with Wonder Woman). But these films are often well-crafted on several levels: writing, character development, humor, etc.

Also good news: CGI + kaiju.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 08:43 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^you nailed it.
Technology finally caught up to comics, and the script writing, too.
Gone are the days of Shaq as Steel, in an outfit that was Krazy Glue'd together.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 11:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

No, why would I be tired of it? Growing up in the 70's & 80's, all we got was a single comics related film maybe every three years. Same for Star Wars movies. But now it's a golden age for Marvel and (to a lesser extent)DC movies, where they aren't just the top moneymakers of the year but are critically respected, too (unlike Transformers and many other geek franchises.) And we've got Star Wars back dominating as well - there's room for them all!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 12:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindship

It's as if superhero comics had been patiently waiting for the development of CGI effects to bring this larger-than-life genre, finally, to the big screen. They were made for each other. And now that it's here, we are goin' full throttle, to the delight of every kid (even those much older) who has ever loved reading superhero comics.

I could see if the movies were horribly written and were relying largely on FX, but this is not the case (well, not with Marvel anyway; and IMO, DC finally scored a solid with Wonder Woman). But these films are often well-crafted on several levels: writing, character development, humor, etc.

great post

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

I think everyone is just waiting for Infinity War. That movie is going to make ALL THE MONEY.

I still love GOOD comic movies. So, to answer your question.....not one bit.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:47 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I'm not tired of superhero films, just shit ones. Most of them are shit unfortunately.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think part of the issue is actually that people are holding these films to a higher standard than they might have, say, 15 years ago. Back then, people were just happy if they got an X-Men movie, or a Spiderman movie, or whatever. Now, we've had so many of them, people can afford to be a bit more picky about it. I mean the MCU alone has now had 17 films, with the release of Thor Ragnarok. And that's ignoring the one-shots, tv shows etc. Then you have DC and Fox also making films, as well as other names or adaptations that occasionally get thrown into the pot, like Ninja Turtles etc.

I mean if something like X1 had to come out now, a lot of people would likely consider it pretty generic.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:44 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Not necessarily tired, but I'm not excited for most of them.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:13 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Mindship

Yeah, but at the same time it's dominating the market and turning adults into man-children who can't or don't appreciate anything else. Many of you man-children on this board don't talk about anything else but this childish nonsense. Some of the comic films do touch on some interesting and important topics, but many of them don't. Many of them are just childish bullshit. So in a way it's hurting the creativity that we see coming out of Hollywood.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:46 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ I agree, but it depends on the Superhero movie. The X-Men movies were bad imo. I was very disappointed with how Wolverine is portrayed in the films.

The Spider-Man revamp (most recent) was a turn in the right direction though. I also really enjoyed Deadpool.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 01:48 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Yeah, but at the same time it's dominating the market and turning adults into man-children who can't or don't appreciate anything else. Many of you man-children on this board don't talk about anything else but this childish nonsense. Some of the comic films do touch on some interesting and important topics, but many of them don't. Many of them are just childish bullshit. So in a way it's hurting the creativity that we see coming out of Hollywood.
That's $$bottom-line$$ thinking for ya. Hollywood historically runs trends into the ground until everyone is sick of them and revenue drops (and then they wait 20 years until it's remake time). Creativity suffers whenever profit rules, regardless of genre or medium. But I don't think we're there yet with the superhero stuff. There are still some great flicks coming out (eg, Hidden Figures, La La Land) in other genres.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:26 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Riddick fanboy......posts on fanboy forums......calls everyone else man-children.....

Checks out.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:27 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well to be fair, a lot of people go to the movies to escape reality for 1hr-2hrs. Do I want to me reminded how racist we were/are with yet another slavery/oppression movie? How about the unrealistic nature of the RomCom?

This over-saturation of genres is not exclusive to comic book movies and honestly, I'm down for an activity the brings me away from all the bs going on in the world right now.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:31 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote