KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Sick and tired of Superhero movies?

Sick and tired of Superhero movies?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Riddick fanboy......posts on fanboy forums......calls everyone else man-children.....

Checks out.

Originally posted by Mindship
That's $$bottom-line$$ thinking for ya. Hollywood historically runs trends into the ground until everyone is sick of them and revenue drops (and then they wait 20 years until it's remake time). Creativity suffers whenever profit rules, regardless of genre or medium. But I don't think we're there yet with the superhero stuff. There are still some great flicks coming out (eg, Hidden Figures, La La Land) in other genres.

Yup, I tend to agree, Mindship. And despite CPT's BS there I have tried ad nauseam to bring about a more diverse film discussion experience here. But these boards are dominated by superhero and comicbook boners. Everything else just gets ignored.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yup, I tend to agree, Mindship. And despite CPT's BS there I have tried ad nauseam to bring about a more diverse film discussion experience here. But these boards are dominated by superhero and comicbook boners. Everything else just gets ignored.
This helps the movie industry since it keeps it afloat. I can't stand crybabies like you who cry about a diverse film discussion when he champions the pitiful Riddick franchise. This is a site dominated by comic book and Star Wars fans. Go elsewhere you crybaby.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

The Riddick series isn't too bad although the 1st and 3rd movie are the exact same movie. lol

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:20 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by socool8520
The Riddick series isn't too bad although the 1st and 3rd movie are the exact same movie. lol
In terms of creativity this series is average at best. Popularity isn't something that has ever known the Riddick franchise and it's ironic he complains about comic book films while he lusts over mediocrity.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:22 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well these days, creativity is hard to come by. Even the gripping dramas have been done before. several times. As I stated earlier, every genre has been over saturated at one point or another. I'll treat comic movies as I would any other movie; watch what interests me, and discard what doesn't.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:25 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by socool8520
Well these days, creativity is hard to come by. Even the gripping dramas have been done before. several times. As I stated earlier, every genre has been over saturated at one point or another. I'll treat comic movies as I would any other movie; watch what interests me, and discard what doesn't.
Thats what every consumer should do but complaining about people thoroughly enjoying the comic book genre is crybaby stuff.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:28 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Honestly, I would say the genre is getting better when compared to the awful comic movies of the past. The wider audience and cutting edge graphics have allowed for more effort to be put into them. You get the occasional FF shit show, but you are now getting gems like Deadpool.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:33 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Manchildren incapable of intelligent film discussion. Case and point: quanchi. laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:47 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Manchildren incapable of intelligent film discussion. Case and point: quanchi. laughing out loud
Hypocrite who comes onto a site where men talk about fantasy and their passions and complains it doesn't sync up with your taste. Do not participate in the discussions and go elsewhere. Quit hanging around to ***** and moan like fly does. It's nauseating.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:17 PM
HulkIsHulk

Apparently only the R rated, dark, gritty and 18+ movies are worth watching lol

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:35 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Just don't watch them.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:36 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

And adults are not supposed to cater their inner child. Sorry no do

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:47 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Apparently only the R rated, dark, gritty and 18+ movies are worth watching lol

Nah, that was just the first example that came to mind. I said I enjoyed the new Spider-Man movie and I enjoyed the first two Thor Movies.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 07:07 PM