KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » So long!

So long!
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

Shocked So long!

Chile is the longest country in the world.
It is a long, narrow country stretching along South America's western edge, with more than 6,000km of Pacific Ocean coastline.

That's not a bat. This...is a bat.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

A 30.5 m (100 ft) long 26-wheeled limousine was designed by Jay Ohrberg of Burbank, California, USA. It has many features, including a swimming pool with diving board and a king-sized water bed. It is designed to drive as a rigid vehicle or it can be changed to bend in the middle.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The world's longest documented hair belongs to Xie Qiuping (China) at 5.627 m (18 ft 5.54 in) when measured on 8 May 2004. She has been growing her hair since 1973 from the age of 13.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 12:26 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest prayer in the Bible comes from the book of John, Chapter seventeen, verses one through eight. This prayer is often referred to as the “Holy of Holies” and it is the longest prayer from the Lord that has ever been recorded. It can also be called the longest due to the amount of time that it covers – a total of twenty centuries. He begins the prayer by praying for Himself and that He may be glorified, He then moves on to pray for His disciples, and He closes with praying for the church and that it may be honoured through the centuries.

The prayer reads:

"Father, the hour has come; glorify thy Son that the Son may glorify thee, since thou hast given him power over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him. And this is eternal life, that they know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent. I glorified thee on earth, having accomplished the work which thou gavest me to do; and now, Father, glorify thou me in thy own presence with the glory which I had with thee before the world was made. I have manifested thy name to the men whom thou gavest me out of the world; thine they were, and thou gavest them to me, and they have kept thy word. Now they know that everything that thou hast given me is from thee; for I have given them the words which thou gavest me, and they have received them and know in truth that I came from thee; and they have believed that thou didst send me.

I am praying for them; I am not praying for the world but for those whom thou hast given me, for they are thine; all mine are thine, and thine are mine, and I am glorified in them. And now I am no more in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to thee.

Holy Father, keep them in thy name, which thou hast given me that they may be one, even as we are one. While I was with them, I kept them in thy name, which thou hast given me; I have guarded them, and none of them is lost but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

I have given them thy word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world, I do not pray that thou shouldst take them out of the world, but that thou shouldst keep them from the evil one, They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; thy word is truth. As thou didst send me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth.

I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me, The glory which thou hast given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and thou in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that thou hast sent me and hast loved them even as thou hast loved me. Father I desire that they also whom thou hast given me may be with me where I am, to behold my glory which thou hast given me in thy love for me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father the world has not known thee but I have known thee; and these know that thou hast sent me. I made known to them thy name and I will make it known that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them and I in them."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 04:24 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest name used by anyone is Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff, Senior, who was born at Bergedorf, near Hamburg, Germany, on 29 Feb. 1904. On printed forms he uses only his eighth and second Christian names and the first 35 letters of his surname. The full version of the name is 590 letters.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 04:28 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest bed in the world measures 26.5 m (86 ft 11 in)in length.

Its also 16.44 m (53 ft 11 in) wide.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:48 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

"The Devil Glitch", a 69-minute song containing over 500 verses, is the longest pop song ever recorded.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:49 AM
rudester
Sin

I want the summery of this. One sentence

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 04:23 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest gap between a movie and it's sequel is 64 Years for Bambi (1942) and Bambi II (2006).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 05:52 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Russia was the longest.

Nigga, you high?

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 06:25 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest running syndicated comic strips are Gasoline Alley and Ripley's Believe It or Not! both 1918-present.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:02 PM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The one and only Jubilee debuted in 1981, and has now become the longest running showgirl and Vegas production in history.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:04 PM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest field goal kick in NFL history is 64 yards, a record set by Matt Prater on December 8, 2013. The previous record was 63, originally set by Tom Dempsey and then matched by Jason Elam, Sebastian Janikowski, and David Akers.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 07:04 PM
Killjoy12

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
The longest field goal kick in NFL history is 64 yards, a record set by Matt Prater on December 8, 2013. The previous record was 63, originally set by Tom Dempsey and then matched by Jason Elam, Sebastian Janikowski, and David Akers.

Reason for the phrase. Elvis has left the building.

Because Elvis never performed a single encore, so when he left, he wasn't coming back.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 02:57 AM
Killjoy12 is currently offline Click here to Send Killjoy12 a Private Message Find more posts by Killjoy12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The longest Major League Baseball game was played on May 1, 1920.
The Brooklyn Robins at Boston Braves, 26 innings.
The Robins (later called the Dodgers) and the Braves played to a 1-1 tie. Umpires called the game because of darkness.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 05:29 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

sartorius muscle is the longest muscle in the human body. It is a long, thin, superficial muscle that runs down the length of the thigh in the anterior compartment.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 05:30 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

In order to get into the World Trade Organization without making the People's Republic of China mad, Taiwan had to be extremely careful about how it was officially known.
It was admitted as "the Separate Customs Territory of Taiwan, Penghu, Kinmen, and Matsu (Chinese Taipei)".
That is the longest country name in the world.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:26 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The world's longest banana split measured 8040 metres-long (26377.95 ft).
The recipe for success included a staggering 40,000 bananas, 2,500 litres of ice cream and 2,000 litres of topping.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:28 AM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

The world's longest bridge is the Danyang–Kunshan Grand Bridge in China, part of the Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway.
The bridge, which opened in June 2011, spans 102.4 miles (165 kilometers).

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 11:05 PM
riv6672
MAY 2000-DEC 2017

WALES boasts a village called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
gogogoch (58 letters), which in English means "Saint Mary's Church in the hollow of white hazel near a rapid whirlpool and the Church of Saint Tysilio near the red cave."
It is the longest place name in the world.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:53 AM