KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » SLJ Quote

SLJ Quote
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

SLJ Quote

"Because Mace is who he is, we figure there's only one person in the universe who could defeat him in a lightsaber battle, and that would be Yoda, so my style is pretty efficient and I dispatch people pretty quickly and a modicum of flair."

From an Attack of the Clones interview from the Star Wars Vault.

There's another version of this on YouTube, but this is the longer version.

Since this is from 2002, SLJ jokes that it'll take Dooku and Anakin combined to take him down in EP3.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

lmao, delicious

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:21 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Doesn't sound legitimate, not one motherf-ucker in the quote.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:25 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 12th, 2017 10:42 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Mace>Dooku ofc.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 12:32 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

remember when voice actor opinions were worth sh!t? Me neither.

BTW, Sidious's voice actor says Sids threw the duel vs Mace.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Doesn't sound legitimate, not one motherf-ucker in the quote.

this too, mother****er

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:23 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
remember when voice actor opinions were worth sh!t? Me neither.

BTW, Sidious's voice actor says Sids threw the duel vs Mace.

Are you retarded?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Anyway, no, the "we" SLJ is referring to is Nick Gillard, who's the only other person mentioned in the interview and the most obvious person too.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 03:31 AM
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sucking more of Gillard's cock I see.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:59 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Are you retarded?
I mean, he is,[SPOILER - highlight to read]: poor guy will get triggered by the word retarded but in this instance he means that if we'd take SLJ opinion as legit, then we should take Ian's as well.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 10:06 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

We should obviously take Ian's as well. They're more than voice actors.

My earliest "Star Wars vs" memory is my dad telling me as a kid that Sidious threw the fight with Mace and would have won otherwise. I've always been a supporter of that idea. However, if one actually looks at the history of the fight, it's very complicated. The original fight up until reshoots had Sidious blatantly throwing the fight with Mace. The fight was changed last-minute to make it far more ambiguous - so much so that it is said only Lucas knows the true answer with even the actors and team shooting the film left guessing. Ian maintains the stance Sidious threw the fight, but SLJ believes Mace beat him fair-and-square. Both stances are legitimate.

If one watches the fight, it's evident Sidious has the early advantage, perhaps even toying with Mace and prolonging the fight. However, McCallum is right that there is a shift of power in the mid-fight, and Mace does take the advantage. I find it likely Sidious threw the fight so he could lose on his own terms and time, rather than continue fighting further and risk a more unfortunate and likely deadly defeat.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 12:55 PM