KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Shouldn't this just be called the "Domestic Terrorists in America" thread?

Sounds good.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Lestov16
Shouldn't this just be called the "Domestic Terrorists in America" thread?
Are the shooters brown and/or Muslim? No? Didn't think so. So they're not terrorists. They're misguided and mentally ill.

F*cking edjukate you're self.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:18 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Robtard
When I have I said that thoughts and prayers are not useless if it's Islamic Terrorism? Seems you're trying to railroad and it's not going to fly.

But since your brought it up, there seems to be a clear pattern Trumper and Trumper types use when there's a mass shooting:

I have to draw attention to this so-called double standard, because while some people undoubtedly would hold it at the point of prejudice, there is a principled manner to explain the difference in response to these situations, based on the proposed policy solutions.

If the attacker is a Muslim = Condemn Islam and use the attack as proof that we need a Muslim majority country ban (doesn't matter if it's a homegrown Muslim)

In the attacker is Mexican = Condemn immigrants and talk about how we desperately need Trump's wall and tougher immigration laws

Firstly, I'll agree with you that if its a home grown terrorist, using the emotional appeal of a tragedy to propose immigration policy that wouldn't have actually done anything to prevent the tragedy is pretty disgusting, and I take the same issue with this as when people use a mass shooting to bloviate about gun control policies that wouldn't have actually prevented the tragedy and characterize political adversaries as unfeeling towards the victims. I think both debates can be had without substanceless naked emotional appeals used as character attacks.

Onto the point about proposed immigration policy however, I'm a Lockean Liberal, and as detailed in the social contract, the primary function of the state, of government, is to protect the life liberty and property of its constituents. This is the primary obligation the government has, and it is towards its own citizens, whereas those seeking to immigrate into a country are being extended a privilege. It is the purpose of the state to protect the rights of its constituents, whereas the sovereign state is more at liberty to decide who and who doesn't get to enter its borders.

Lastly to the point of condemning Islam, if a Muslim commits a terrorist attack shouting "Allahu Akbar," if anyone commits a terrorist attack, a mass killing clearly motivated by ideological and political motivations, it is completely relevant to discuss and address the ideological motivations behind the act of terror.

If the attacker is Black = Condemn "Black culture" and talk about the need for more police, more prisons and harsher sentences on these "thugs"

Again, time for another concession. Though I'm no longer a leftist or centrist and consider myself an economically right-wing classical liberal, I'll make no secret of the fact that I think the republican attitude towards criminal justice is retarded, as I'm more in line with thinking that prison should be based more around justice than rehabilitation, and I find the standards of prisons quite frankly inhumane.

That being said, the policy solutions being proposed here are a greater enforcement and vigilance of existing laws in areas with a high rate of violent crime, so in other words acting out laws that already exist. Even if I disagree with increasing sentencing, it's also policy localized to those convicted as guilty of crime, and yes if a black person or white person commits acts of violence and murder than they're thugs.

Then of course if this murder was a form of gang violence, again there's a cultural element directly tied into the motivation of the crime worth critiquing and addressing.

If the attacker is White = "Thoughts and prayers" + "He must have been crazy; nothing could have stopped this."

If a white person goes lone wolf and shoots a bunch of people up, not as a member of a gang, not with an expressed ideological motivation, then how are their motivations supposed to be spoken of or addressed in the same way one would address the culture in certain communities or ideological grounds for a terror attack?

Also, people are more hesitant to pursue policy solutions, because the proposed policy solutions invariably involve encroaching on the liberties and property rights of the citizens of the state, to whom the government's primary role is to protect these rights.

Now please stop derailing my thread, thanks in advance.

The problem I have with your comparisons here is that these are false equivalencies. I don't think you're being intentionally disingenuous, let me clarify that much, since I'm aware of how this comparison looks on the surface when taken at face value, and won't deny that some people might hold this array of views through a prejudicial lens. Let me also say that I agree that using a terrorist tragedy to push immigration reform that wouldn't have prevented it is something I find disagreeable and contemptible. Also though I agree with Trump on immigration regarding that it should be more based on merit than diversity, I think his ideas for a wall and travel ban are retarded. And once again I'm not a proponent of republican stances on prisons and prison sentencing.

Once again though, these are false equivalencies and you can hold these views from a point of ideological consistency.

Firstly on the point of addressing the motives, if a Muslim commits an act of Islamic terror or a black person commits an act of gang violence, then the relevant ideological or cultural motivations are much more apparent and on the table for discussion. If some white guy, or person of any color, just up and decides to commit mass murder with no indication of an ideological motivation, then there's not really a place to have a legitimate discussion on the ideological or cultural motivation beyond speculation.

Secondly, on the point of taking action through policy, again there's a clear distinction to be made. The policy proposal towards Mexican or Muslim violence is immigration reform, the rescinding or tightening of a privilege extended to people outside of the sovereign state with the motivation of protecting the state's constituents who the government functionally has a greater obligation to. The policy proposal towards the black violence you've mentioned is more enforcement of already existing laws in areas with higher crime rates. The "white person" example is the only example you've provided where the proposed policy solution surrounding the tragedy, rather than being immigration reform or enforcement of existing laws, constitutes invariably encroaching on the liberties and property rights of the states constituent citizens to whom its primary obligation is to protect their rights.

The policies themselves can be honestly debated for each of these issues, but to suggest a lack of addressing the motivation for a murderer whose ideological motivations aren't apparent, or to suggest a refusal or hesitancy to pursue policy that includes encroaching on ones own liberties and those of the nation's citizens, to suggest that these things in conjunction with the other views you've mentioned inherently constitute some racial double standard and point of hypocrisy is something I simply can't agree with you on.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:26 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I have to draw attention to this so-called double standard, because while some people undoubtedly would hold it at the point of prejudice, there is a principled manner to explain the difference in response to these situations, based on the proposed policy solutions.

Firstly, I'll agree with you that if its a home grown terrorist, using the emotional appeal of a tragedy to propose immigration policy that wouldn't have actually done anything to prevent the tragedy is pretty disgusting, and I take the same issue with this as when people use a mass shooting to bloviate about gun control policies that wouldn't have actually prevented the tragedy and characterize political adversaries as unfeeling towards the victims. I think both debates can be had without substanceless naked emotional appeals used as character attacks.

Onto the point about proposed immigration policy however, I'm a Lockean Liberal, and as detailed in the social contract, the primary function of the state, of government, is to protect the life liberty and property of its constituents. This is the primary obligation the government has, and it is towards its own citizens, whereas those seeking to immigrate into a country are being extended a privilege. It is the purpose of the state to protect the rights of its constituents, whereas the sovereign state is more at liberty to decide who and who doesn't get to enter its borders.

Lastly to the point of condemning Islam, if a Muslim commits a terrorist attack shouting "Allahu Akbar," if anyone commits a terrorist attack, a mass killing clearly motivated by ideological and political motivations, it is completely relevant to discuss and address the ideological motivations behind the act of terror.

Again, time for another concession. Though I'm no longer a leftist or centrist and consider myself an economically right-wing classical liberal, I'll make no secret of the fact that I think the republican attitude towards criminal justice is retarded, as I'm more in line with thinking that prison should be based more around justice than rehabilitation, and I find the standards of prisons quite frankly inhumane.

That being said, the policy solutions being proposed here are a greater enforcement and vigilance of existing laws in areas with a high rate of violent crime, so in other words acting out laws that already exist. Even if I disagree with increasing sentencing, it's also policy localized to those convicted as guilty of crime, and yes if a black person or white person commits acts of violence and murder than they're thugs.

Then of course if this murder was a form of gang violence, again there's a cultural element directly tied into the motivation of the crime worth critiquing and addressing.

If a white person goes lone wolf and shoots a bunch of people up, not as a member of a gang, not with an expressed ideological motivation, then how are their motivations supposed to be spoken of or addressed in the same way one would address the culture in certain communities or ideological grounds for a terror attack?

Also, people are more hesitant to pursue policy solutions, because the proposed policy solutions invariably involve encroaching on the liberties and property rights of the citizens of the state, to whom the government's primary role is to protect these rights.

The problem I have with your comparisons here is that these are false equivalencies. I don't think you're being intentionally disingenuous, let me clarify that much, since I'm aware of how this comparison looks on the surface when taken at face value, and won't deny that some people might hold this array of views through a prejudicial lens. Let me also say that I agree that using a terrorist tragedy to push immigration reform that wouldn't have prevented it is something I find disagreeable and contemptible. Also though I agree with Trump on immigration regarding that it should be more based on merit than diversity, I think his ideas for a wall and travel ban are retarded. And once again I'm not a proponent of republican stances on prisons and prison sentencing.

Once again though, these are false equivalencies and you can hold these views from a point of ideological consistency.

Firstly on the point of addressing the motives, if a Muslim commits an act of Islamic terror or a black person commits an act of gang violence, then the relevant ideological or cultural motivations are much more apparent and on the table for discussion. If some white guy, or person of any color, just up and decides to commit mass murder with no indication of an ideological motivation, then there's not really a place to have a legitimate discussion on the ideological or cultural motivation beyond speculation.

Secondly, on the point of taking action through policy, again there's a clear distinction to be made. The policy proposal towards Mexican or Muslim violence is immigration reform, the rescinding or tightening of a privilege extended to people outside of the sovereign state with the motivation of protecting the state's constituents who the government functionally has a greater obligation to. The policy proposal towards the black violence you've mentioned is more enforcement of already existing laws in areas with higher crime rates. The "white person" example is the only example you've provided where the proposed policy solution surrounding the tragedy, rather than being immigration reform or enforcement of existing laws, constitutes invariably encroaching on the liberties and property rights of the states constituent citizens to whom its primary obligation is to protect their rights.

The policies themselves can be honestly debated for each of these issues, but to suggest a lack of addressing the motivation for a murderer whose ideological motivations aren't apparent, or to suggest a refusal or hesitancy to pursue policy that includes encroaching on ones own liberties and those of the nation's citizens, to suggest that these things in conjunction with the other views you've mentioned inherently constitute some racial double standard and point of hypocrisy is something I simply can't agree with you on.

Damn, dude, that's too much text to reply to Robtard with. He didn't type that much.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:37 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This hasn't been kept up, as there's been plenty. Anyhow.

Active shooter at a school in Florida right now, reports said up to 20 injured, no known fatalities thus far.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:00 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Another example of how the Infection of Leftist Teachings in our Schools having a MASS NEGATIVE Effect on the Children in them.

Because they are the people teaching these children these kinds of Morals.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:13 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This hasn't been kept up, as there's been plenty. Anyhow.

Active shooter at a school in Florida right now, reports said up to 20 injured, no known fatalities thus far.

Update: Fatalities are said to be had

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for thoughts and prayers being useless, I always chuckled at the folk who think that, cuz some of them thought going and screaming at the sky over Trump was somehow useful. They think wearing vagina hats is useful, but hey okay.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Update: Fatalities are said to be had

Awful, just awful.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
As for thoughts and prayers being useless, I always chuckled at the folk who think that, cuz some of them thought going and screaming at the sky over Trump was somehow useful. They think wearing vagina hats is useful, but hey okay.

^ Trig'd

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:38 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Trig'd

No, just truth. You can't say thoughts and prayers are useless and then go scream at the sky like a retard cuz you're mad over an election. Or wear p*ssy hats, or any of that.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 09:52 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

There's literally no connection, you retard.

The issue with "thoughts and prayers" is that it ignores that people are dying via gun violence left&right and the people who could potentially do something, do nothing except "thoughts and prayers", which do nothing.

edit: Oh, I see, Trump did his "my thoughts go out..." tweet regarding this, so you're trying to proactively protect your Lord. Do better for yourself, Surt

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:00 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's literally no connection, you retard.

The issue with "thoughts and prayers" is that it ignores that people are dying via gun violence left&right and the people who could potentially do something, do nothing except "thoughts and prayers", which do nothing.

edit: Oh, I see, Trump did his "my thoughts go out..." tweet regarding this, so you're trying to proactively protect your Lord. Do better for yourself, Surt

I have no clue about anything Trump tweeted. The thing with thoughts and prayers is that it is useless and will make no difference, that is the problem people had.

Screaming at the sky or wearing a p*ssy hat is the same thing. Stupid bullshit that doesn't serve any purpose. This is a fact, it won't be argued. You're welcome.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyways, RIP to any victims in Florida, I can only hope their deaths are not politicized.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:05 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Not much information known about much of anything in this case yet. Seems the casualty number is anywhere between 15-50, and that there are a "number" of fatalities. Also the shooter has been captured and is in custody.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Can't wait for the dumba$$es on both sides of the gun debate to start proving how retarded they are.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Can't wait for the dumba$$es on both sides of the gun debate to start proving how retarded they are.

Indeed. I'm gonna sit back and wait for the screams of how we need gun control changes, without them being able to give any actual valid options in terms of laws that could prevent this.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

^

^

Already feeling smug. At least wait until the bodies are cold or something, guys. Jeez

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^

^

Already feeling smug. At least wait until the bodies are cold or something, guys. Jeez

No, people just know how both sides will react to this. There is going to be hysterical screams for change without any actual valid options given. Just watch.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Wow, you're a real piece of shit, Surt. Do better for yourself. Anyhow; moving on.

Update: At least two deaths confirmed. sad

Old Post Feb 14th, 2018 10:17 PM