KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 138 139 [140] 141 142 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

You guys are just trying to lard....I mean hard.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

another week, another high school shooting. this time in maryland.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/20/us/g...ting/index.html

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:02 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon

False equivocation. The Right to Bear Arms does not cause mass shootings, nor is it responsible for mass shootings in the US, nor is it an indirect cause.

You will not be able to spin this into "all guns are evil." While you did not directly do that, you're certainly implying it. Since you hold Australia's strict gun laws in high regard, then you can explain why your gun laws had no effect on your homicide rates and why Australia still has among the highest guns per capita in the world of any country (1 gun for ever 3 people).

I'm not equating your 2nd Amendment stating the right to bear arms is directly responsible for your high rate of mass shootings in America.
I'm simply saying it equates ( I don't want to say, justifies) to the high amount of weapons that is owned by the general populace.
Weapons that shouldn't be easily obtained to commit mass shootings.

And I've already pointed out the amount of different statistics & articles available on the internet that will either back or refute claims depending if you're pro or anti.

The claim that there's one gun for every 3 people in Australia is questionable if not laughable. But I read a similar article that says Australia imports about 30,000 firearms a year. This does not equate to 30,000 Australians getting guns each year.
These weapons are imported to service the police, the military & private security firms. And in most cases, upgrading a weapon means the former weapon is taken out of commission & destroyed.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:26 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Silent Master
Just mentioning that I'm part Cherokee isn't claiming that I've been personally oppressed. so everybody thank rob for proving that I never claimed to have been oppressed by a tyrannical government.

You speak with a forked tongue.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:29 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You speak with a forked tongue.

who else read that as "fork-ed"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:36 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Ban schools.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 01:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^^low energy bait. very sad.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:00 PM
dadudemon

I'm not equating your 2nd Amendment stating the right to bear arms is directly responsible for your high rate of mass shootings in America.

I didn't say you did. I said "indirectly."

"... nor is it an indirect cause."

Weapons that shouldn't be easily obtained to commit mass shootings.

With 1 gun for every 3 people in Australia, that's quite a few guns, as well. Meaning, guns are quite common in Australia. Seems weapons are easy enough to illegally obtain in a gun-laden Australia which includes theft:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/how-eas...un-in-australia

Australia has 24 million people.

And around 1600 gun thefts averaged over 3 years.

And in the US, looks like 237,000 guns were stolen:

http://www.businessinsider.com/crim...-owners-2017-11

After controlling for population and gun saturation, the US still has a 2-3 times theft rate compared to Australia. But these gun thefts are centered mostly in large cities and Australia has significantly fewer large cities compared to land area which can explain most of that difference.

So we are getting our guns stolen at around similar rates when you control for a 3 different variables.

And I've already pointed out the amount of different statistics & articles available on the internet that will either back or refute claims depending if you're pro or anti.

That does not work. Anything you pointed out does not refute the facts that I have presented.

The claim that there's one gun for every 3 people in Australia is questionable if not laughable.

You can hate it and deny all you want but those are the facts.

"According to the AIC, there are approximately 2.75 million registered firearms in Australia and approximately 730,000 licensed owners.

On the illicit market, The Australian Crime Commission (ACC) estimates there are approximately 250,000 longarms - such as rifles and shotguns - in circulation and 10,000 illegal handguns."

And here is an article about gun buying increasing:

https://theconversation.com/austral...er-before-58142

Why are you not aware of these things in Australia if you're so vocal about guns?

Also, it's 1/4, not 1/3. And the ratio is closing in on 1/3 and based on the current trend, it should reach 1/3 by 2029.

And you keep trying to pretend that it is the police and military that own all the guns...but that's just not the case. The facts don't lie. Why do people like you with clear anti-gun biases lie about guns? Just be honest.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:31 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I believe it. In their minds, it is not "gay" if neither of you identify as gay.

Well, none sent them to me. I was hoping to rustle their jimmies or start gossip to see who would be first to deny it.

I failed. sad

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 02:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Australia has 24 million people.

And around 1600 gun thefts averaged over 3 years.

And in the US, looks like 237,000 guns were stolen:

http://www.businessinsider.com/crim...-owners-2017-11

After controlling for population and gun saturation, the US still has a 2-3 times theft rate compared to Australia. But these gun thefts are centered mostly in large cities and Australia has significantly fewer large cities compared to land area which can explain most of that difference.

So we are getting our guns stolen at around similar rates when you control for a 3 different variables.

Lol. This is funny. You're funny. 😂

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:10 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fake news. Maryland has very strict gun laws as it's a liberal state.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:14 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wonder what little Marco's going to say about this. If anything.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by jaden101
Lol. This is funny. You're funny. 😂

That's how it works, man.

Spread 1 million people over 1 million square kilometers and compare crime to 1 million people spread over 1000 square kilometers and the crime rate goes up greatly in the denser population.

It's one of those things about criminology that is very well known.

If Australia had similar metropolitan areas (with similar population densities) to land ratio that the US does, they would see very similar gun theft ratios (guns per person) that the US does.

As it is, 2-3 times the theft rate should be shocking to Australians who think of their land as a holy strict gun laws land.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 06:39 PM
Flyattractor

So how much have our Little Lefty Fasctards been glossing over the FACT that an ARMED SECURITY OFFICER Put this POS Down like the POS that He was?

And How far back could I go in to this VERY THread to find said Lefty Fasctards saying ARMED SECURITY WOULDN'T WORK?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:22 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
So how much have our Little Lefty Fasctards been glossing over the FACT that an ARMED SECURITY OFFICER Put this POS Down like the POS that He was?

And How far back could I go in to this VERY THread to find said Lefty Fasctards saying ARMED SECURITY WOULDN'T WORK?

LOL yep, was just about to ask them if they knew how it was stopped.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Surtur
LOL yep, was just about to ask them if they knew how it was stopped.

First Response from the Lefties will probably be the "He didn't save at least 2 Students" which the reply should be "Did the shooter bring only 2 bullets?"

Good Guys with Guns Save People.

They do this by SHOOTING Bad Guys.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 07:58 PM
Silent Master

Why do people like you with clear anti-gun biases lie about guns? Just be honest.

Being honest is against their nature.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:08 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Being honest is against their nature.

And they *need* to lie here to get people to care. They need to do things like lie about how many school shootings we have or whine about Republicans getting facts wrong while at the same time thinking nobody should correct Democrats when they are wrong about guns.

It's why they shove only anti gun survivors from Parkland onto tv, we barely heard from any pro gun students.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 08:24 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's how it works, man.

Spread 1 million people over 1 million square kilometers and compare crime to 1 million people spread over 1000 square kilometers and the crime rate goes up greatly in the denser population.

It's one of those things about criminology that is very well known.

If Australia had similar metropolitan areas (with similar population densities) to land ratio that the US does, they would see very similar gun theft ratios (guns per person) that the US does.

As it is, 2-3 times the theft rate should be shocking to Australians who think of their land as a holy strict gun laws land.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:44 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone ever notice how when a good guy with a gun does something credit is given to the guy, but when a bad guy does something it is the guns fault?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:46 PM