KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 185 186 [187] 188 189 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
I know asking "why" is cliche, but I guy like this, I really wish I could get in his head since, at least, his tweens.

You've got to be a real sociopath to get angry at someone calling you out when you're the one at fault, much less getting so angry you want to literally murder someone.

Well no, any narcissist will get angry at being called out. You have to be a sociopath to go and murder people over it though.

I think this guy just stewed in hate for years and years. He had a grudge against this place.

I'm just baffled at twitter. Given the things I have seen them ban people for..and yet this guy made repeated murder threats. People tried to get a restraining order. The cops did nothing.

Why is this a common theme? The failure to act upon these things. I do not get it. I could maybe somewhat see if the things he said were vague...but that isn't the case here.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 09:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

"(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence."

Article 11 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights

I long to be a part of this man's legal team.

Also, if this dude was a known threat in the past, shame on the company for not recognizing this security risk.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 01:11 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The UN has no right to wag their tongue about human rights. They shit on Israel way more than other places that have done worse.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 12:28 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
There is no point in not naming him because you will never get every major media outlet to agree to never name shooters.

You sure can. You can create a regulation and fines for naming him. And I think those fines should go to charities that are legit and work to stop violence. Or to the victim's families.

Originally posted by Surtur
The name will get out there.

Not if regulated properly. Social media may not work. But legit scientists are stating that naming them and making their names so public are directly contributing to these types of mass shootings.

Just

look

at

all

the

people

stating

no-naming.

And as you know, I want public policy to be based off of actual science and not feelings and agendas.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 05:30 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 08:41 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Awful, I wonder how long until someone blames Trump.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2018 08:43 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

5 dead including the Gunman in Texas

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...l-idUSKBN1KI0G0

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 28th, 2018 10:49 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Lets all give thanks that once again. The Gun Put an End to the Life of this POS. Thanks GUN!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 10:22 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Thanks DRUGS!

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 11:28 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

But you know Guns don't kill people, people kill people... when they use guns. So Guns kill people then?!? Rightist mental meltdown...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 11:39 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

The answer is clear: we should ban people!

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 11:45 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
5 dead including the Gunman in Texas

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...l-idUSKBN1KI0G0

Awful

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 29th, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 11:55 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Putinbot1
But you know Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

Spot-on, which is why people were being killed in Glasgow at much higher rates than anywhere else in the modern world, without guns, back in 2005.

Glasgow has done a damn good job at reducing homicides despite the fact that those murders were committed almost completely without guns.

Here's probably one of the most important points that Americans aren't really doing:

The US should take a look at Glasgow for the last 20 years and see if we can adopt what the government did there to reduce homicides here.

Tough pill to swallow - caring about your fellow citizens. That's how Glasgow did it. Americans can't even implement a UHC because we don't give a shit about each other that much.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ng-crime-police

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Why do The Left Hate Freedom so much?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

DDM: This will be challenging to implement in the United States, with a rather large component of that difficulty being due to interest representation abuses.

Flyattractor: What makes you say that?

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:39 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

At how Easily Places like Scotland. "That once held a reputation for Fierce Independent Nature" just give in or up said Freedom to such movements.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:43 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by The Lost
DDM: This will be challenging to implement in the United States, with a rather large component of that difficulty being due to interest representation abuses.

By "interest representation abuses", I think you mean corruption or lobbying corruption. (for example, privatized prisons systems that lobby for mandatory minimum sentences, three strike rules, and a drug war)

If you have the time, expand on that like...a whole bunch. I would love to read it. I personally feel like my knowledge in this area - how to reduce homicides while navigating "interest representation abuses" - is severely lacking and I'd like some more educated in this area to write out their thoughts.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 03:48 PM
Gehenna
Sorgo

Originally posted by dadudemon
By "interest representation abuses", I think you mean corruption or lobbying corruption. (for example, privatized prisons systems that lobby for mandatory minimum sentences, three strike rules, and a drug war)

Considering they mean the same thing, it's going to be what I meant.

quote:
If you have the time, expand on that like...a whole bunch. I would love to read it. I personally feel like my knowledge in this area - how to reduce homicides while navigating "interest representation abuses" - is severely lacking and I'd like some more educated in this area to write out their thoughts.

How to reduce it while "navigating" it is, as a bit of an understatement, hugely arduous because those abuses, along with other factors (specifically in the United States), are gusts that compose an overwhelmingly strong wind and reducing homicides might as well be the Vasa.

I might know some in this area but you'd be better off with academic resources or at least fingers that will point in that direction. They will be better able to sufficiently explain and relay this information (and will definitely be more precise) than a layperson such as myself. I will PM you.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 04:09 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by The Lost
Considering they mean the same thing, it's going to be what I meant.

I apologize, I never saw those three words together - interest representation abuses - and I assumed it meant corruption. I would rather clarify than talk in ignorance.

sad

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 04:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Spot-on, which is why people were being killed in Glasgow at much higher rates than anywhere else in the modern world, without guns, back in 2005.

Glasgow has done a damn good job at reducing homicides despite the fact that those murders were committed almost completely without guns.

Here's probably one of the most important points that Americans aren't really doing:

The US should take a look at Glasgow for the last 20 years and see if we can adopt what the government did there to reduce homicides here.

Tough pill to swallow - caring about your fellow citizens. That's how Glasgow did it. Americans can't even implement a UHC because we don't give a shit about each other that much.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ng-crime-police

Damn, he tried to be clever and you just came in and told him "that's just not gonna happen".

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 04:58 PM