KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (262): « First ... « 186 187 [188] 189 190 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gehenna
Sorgo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I apologize, I never saw those three words together - interest representation abuses - and I assumed it meant corruption. I would rather clarify than talk in ignorance.

sad

Fair enough.

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2018 05:07 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

So long as this is looked at soley as:
- a gun control issue
- a mental health issue
- a social breakdown issue
- a gang violence issue
- etc.
Nothing is ever going to change. People need to get their heads out of their asses if this ship is ever going to get righted.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 12:10 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KharmaDog
So long as this is looked at soley as:
- a gun control issue
- a mental health issue
- a social breakdown issue
- a gang violence issue
- etc.
Nothing is ever going to change. People need to get their heads out of their asses if this ship is ever going to get righted.

Well it's only a gang violence issue if a majority of shootings involve gang violence...

I can't speak for other cities, but I sure as shit know that here in Chicago most of these shootings are indeed gang related.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 31st, 2018 at 02:47 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 02:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mass shootings are rare

Rob tard is well...a REtard

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 05:56 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Reported.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 31st, 2018 09:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Spot-on, which is why people were being killed in Glasgow at much higher rates than anywhere else in the modern world, without guns, back in 2005.

Glasgow has done a damn good job at reducing homicides despite the fact that those murders were committed almost completely without guns.

Here's probably one of the most important points that Americans aren't really doing:

The US should take a look at Glasgow for the last 20 years and see if we can adopt what the government did there to reduce homicides here.

Tough pill to swallow - caring about your fellow citizens. That's how Glasgow did it. Americans can't even implement a UHC because we don't give a shit about each other that much.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ng-crime-police
Something similar was tried in America actually:
quote:
Many people viewed inner-city shootings as an intractable problem. But for two years, McBride had been spreading awareness about Ceasefire, a nearly two-decades-old strategy that had upended how police departments dealt with gang violence. Under Ceasefire, police teamed up with community leaders to identify the young men most at risk of shooting someone or being shot, talked to them directly about the risks they faced, offered them support, and promised a tough crackdown on the groups that continued shooting. In Boston, the city that developed Ceasefire, the average monthly number of youth homicides dropped by 63 percent in the two years after it was launched. The U.S. Department of Justice's "what works" website for crime policy had a green check mark next to Ceasefire, labeling it "effective" -- the highest rating and one few programs received.
https://www.propublica.org/article/...res-black-lives

This sort of rehabilitative approach would do a lot of good if adopted and funded more widely.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2018 05:56 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Something similar was tried in America actually:
https://www.propublica.org/article/...res-black-lives

This sort of rehabilitative approach would do a lot of good if adopted and funded more widely.

Seems like we would do something like this if it works. So why is this not being preached by every single politician when they run for office?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 01:34 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 06:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Christina B

People who deal with this act like they are all on top and better than other people. What if I feel the same way about them?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2018 07:46 PM
Christina B is currently offline Click here to Send Christina B a Private Message Find more posts by Christina B Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Those people tend to vote Democrat.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

But we should keep giving him guns. smile

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:23 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by MythLord

Interesting.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

It is. smile

I was joking/being sarcastic, in case you wanna try and spin this into me being pro-terrorism

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:41 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

smile

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 03:44 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

What, "extremist" acting like crazy shitbags. Unheard of.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, but we also shouldn't deprive others of the right.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 04:18 PM
Flyattractor

"Him" Who!?

Originally posted by Robtard
What, "extremist" acting like crazy shitbags. Unheard of.

And those people vote Democrat.

Originally posted by Surtur
No, but we also shouldn't deprive others of the right.

We Don't . They Do.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:00 PM
Flyattractor

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 06:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 26th, 2018 07:30 PM