KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 191 192 [193] 194 195 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
It's why I think most cops become cops: to genuinely protect and serve the people of their community.

I often say that 9 out of 10 cops are good people, good cops. Sometimes people correct me and say it is 7 out of 10. But most LEOs are good people trying to make the world a better place. They don't join to have power over others.

I've been pulled over many times for various reasons (tail-light out, speeding, routine stops to find traffickers). Only ran into 3 power-tripping types. Still cited on a very few times.

Anyway, good cop. His story should make the rounds. There was a female officer involved, as well. She showed clear intelligence and quick wit. She should be praised (and little girls should be told her story at school so they know they can be badass cops, too).

I think it's probably lower than both. I think probably something like 3 or 4 out of ten are actually genuinely good cops. The rest are either probably mediocre or bad. I think most people become a cop simply because it's a decent job that doesn't require a college education, but pays pretty well and offers a lot of benefits. Then I think there is a decent amount who do it because they desire authority (these are the bad cops in my experience), and even fewer that join for the right reasons (desire to serve the community, protect people, do good, etc).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's why I think most cops become cops: to genuinely protect and serve the people of their community.

I often say that 9 out of 10 cops are good people, good cops. Sometimes people correct me and say it is 7 out of 10. But most LEOs are good people trying to make the world a better place. They don't join to have power over others.

I've been pulled over many times for various reasons (tail-light out, speeding, routine stops to find traffickers). Only ran into 3 power-tripping types. Still cited on a very few times.

Anyway, good cop. His story should make the rounds. There was a female officer involved, as well. She showed clear intelligence and quick wit. She should be praised (and little girls should be told her story at school so they know they can be badass cops, too).

Oh I expect it will make the rounds in that perhaps it will get a brief mention.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We do need to do an overhaul as to how we train police though.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

We do. It should be much more difficult to become a cop, but the pay should also be raised substantially.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
We do. It should be much more difficult to become a cop, but the pay should also be raised substantially.

I always find it very odd when you see a fat cop. What if they need to chase someone down?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:30 PM
BackFire

Throw donuts at them.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember going to a boxing event that had matches between cops and firemen and the cops just got wailed on lol. The side with the most beer bellies was definitely the cops.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:40 PM
BackFire

Yeah, Firemen have to stay in good shape.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol so the shooter in Maryland was a black trannie.

Now I see why this got nothing but brief mentions by most of the media.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 23rd, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 03:38 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol so the shooter in Maryland was a black trannie.

Now I see why this got nothing but brief mentions by most of the media.

That's a minority of a minority. Weird combination of attributes. Is it America's first mass shooter of that category?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 04:23 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a minority of a minority. Weird combination of attributes. Is it America's first mass shooter of that category?

Who knows, possibly.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2018 09:42 PM
Flyattractor

Its only a Bad Thing when its is commited by Whites and Republicans
and or Right Leaners.

Aka Fake News.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 04:39 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, Firemen have to stay in good shape.

The funny thing is, I read an article where 2 female cops were suing a Texas police department because they were out of shape and unable to pass the physical fitness the test required of them.

Didn’t follow up because it was so damn ludicrous.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 10:32 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Remember when Norm from Cheers tried to sue the producers for turning him into an alcoholic because they used real beer in the glasses on set?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 06:24 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Don't recall that, but was he forced to drink it?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 08:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think that's the reason it was dismissed, because ultimately he didn't have to drink it during filming or between takes for the purposes of continuity.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 09:06 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He should have just asked them to use non-alcoholic beer.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 10:23 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by samhain
I think that's the reason it was dismissed, because ultimately he didn't have to drink it during filming or between takes for the purposes of continuity.

So he was blame-shifting his alcoholism; that's so a Norm Peterson thing to do.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 24th, 2018 10:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cops should be held more accountable. If they were held criminally and civilly accountable for their **** ups im sure we’d have better cops.

Cops in my city are between good to lazy af

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:21 AM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Cops should be held more accountable. If they were held criminally and civilly accountable for their **** ups im sure we’d have better cops.

Cops in my city are between good to lazy af

I agree. We also need more accountability for people who blatantly lie about mistreatment by the cops and give them harsher punishments. Cuz in this era, if a cop is accused of doing something bad to a minority and he is innocent, but was dumb enough to not have his body cam rolling? Dude is f*cked. He will be demonized, etc. based merely on accusations.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 12:35 PM