KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 242 243 [244] 245 246 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Really depends on the details.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 11th, 2020 11:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Elderly couple visiting a cemetery was killed by a shooter who planned his attack.

The couple is said to have no connection to the shooter.

People are getting upset that this story is not making the news, around the clock, because it is white-on-black homicide like the Georgia shooting.

Those people getting upset are white people, obviously.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020...heldon-francis/

Someone help me with this: why isn't this story making the news, around the clock? I think it's because the shooters in the Georgia case are still alive. A form of justice was already done in this cemetery case because the shooter is already dead.

If the situation you describe was exactly the same except the victims were black and shooter white we'd still be hearing about it around the clock(assuming the arbery story wasn't already a thing)

So that is why I disagree with your theory as to this being due to justice already having been served.

Edit: see the post below before u respond.

Last edited by Surtur on May 12th, 2020 at 12:08 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2020 11:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay I misread i thought you were saying the shooter was black and couple white.

Well honestly, I think the story isn't getting focus cuz we have one already. It's why I said assuming the arbery story wasn't a thing it would be big.

Last edited by Surtur on May 12th, 2020 at 12:04 AM

Old Post May 11th, 2020 11:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
There were two murders and the shooter was dead six hours after, so it's not sensational enough to make 24/7 news.

Unless you want to talk about gun control. Cos this just another story which tells us we need to look at our gun laws.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/mic...gal-pot-stupid/

quote:
Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, he said.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

What do you think about Mike Bloombergs words here?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:05 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aside from there already being a white on black crime story for the media to focus on right now, I would wonder if another reason the other story lacks coverage is a lack of video?

That video is what outraged people.

Last edited by Surtur on May 12th, 2020 at 12:12 AM

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:10 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

If this guy murdered these two people and was still at large, it'd be a large story. Two old white people were murdered in a military cemetery by a Black man.

But he was killed six hours later, that kinda wraps things up for most people.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:14 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Okay I misread i thought you were saying the shooter was black and couple white.

Well honestly, I think the story isn't getting focus cuz we have one already. It's why I said assuming the arbery story wasn't a thing it would be big.

No, you have it right. The couple was white. The shooter was black. But the shooter died.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:15 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Aside from there already being a white on black crime story for the media to focus on right now, I would wonder if another reason the other story lacks coverage is a lack of video?

That video is what outraged people.

Oh, that's a really good point. It would be gruesome to see an elderly couple being sniped while visiting their veteran's son's grave.

I think you've figured it out.

The fact that he is dead and the fact that there is no video is what the difference is.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:16 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though I do still think that if the Arbery case wasn't in the news right now and a white guy murdered an elderly black couple and died hours later we'd be seeing more coverage than the real story is getting. I don't think it'd get the same level of coverage as Arbery though due to lack of video.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:20 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Oh, that's a really good point. It would be gruesome to see an elderly couple being sniped while visiting their veteran's son's grave.

I think you've figured it out.

The fact that he is dead and the fact that there is no video is what the difference is.

Yeah a lack of video is definitely playing a role.

However, we can't really point to that as an explanation for why a racial motivation was not assumed by the media that did cover it. Nor why nobody is calling for hate crime charges.

Old Post May 12th, 2020 12:25 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Steven Crowder has gay face. He looks like a bisexual guy I dated. He has the sort of face that when LGBT people see him, they can tell he is gay or bi, but when straight people see him, they just think he is straight. He strikes me as a "three beer queer." The "straight" guy who has a 1–3 beers and wants to have sex with dudes, or as he puts it, "Just bros being bros." He certainly loves all the guys on the Internet hanging on his nuts.

(please log in to view the image)

L-O-L

Old Post Jan 11th, 2021 02:59 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Steven Crowder is a Real Hetro Man... No wonder Adam is horny.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2021 03:02 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
(please log in to view the image)

L-O-L

WTF

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 09:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Shooting at Minnesota clinic injures several people, explosives found and suspect in custody

Multiple people were injured in a shooting at a medical clinic in Minnesota and explosives were found at the scene, authorities said.

An "active shooter incident" occurred at the Allina Health Urgent Care – Buffalo Crossroads clinic in Buffalo, Minnesota, on Tuesday morning, Wright County officials said in a statement. A suspect believed to be the shooter was taken into custody, the statement said. -snip

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz described the incident as a shooting with "some improvised explosive devices" found at the scene during a press conference Tuesday. -snip

Wonder if it's vaccine-conspiracy nonsense related.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 09:41 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shooting people is wrong mhm

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 11:12 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

There’s rumors hay that he’s bisexual

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 13th, 2021 02:48 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Police report active shooter in Boulder, Colorado

i see things are slowly getting back to normal

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 12:37 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ten victims killed in total, one of them a cop and the authorities managed to take him in alive.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 03:19 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

if course. he's white after all

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 04:01 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Epicure
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
There’s rumors hay that he’s bisexual

Based on?

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Police report active shooter in Boulder, Colorado

i see things are slowly getting back to normal

We can all thank Joe Biden for things getting back to normal.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2021 05:30 AM
Epicure is currently offline Click here to Send Epicure a Private Message Find more posts by Epicure Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote