KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
snowdragon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
If bump stocks were illegal, the Vegas shooter wouldn't have been able to buy one at a store. Which would make it more difficult for him to convert his semi-automatic to a fully-automatic...

I believe Surt was asserting that even if bump stocks were illegal he could have made them just like in the youtube video.

Looks like we have more then enough terror from US citizens that are male that we could put aside discussions about islamic terrorists for another thread...you know since they don't pew pew people like we do in Murika.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:17 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Yeah but again, idgaf what they're saying right now. I mostly cross in liberal circles so I want to know what a conservative thinks of this
Because it's a good point, generally. You say you're sick of the liberal hypocrisy but I've seen you take the stance Rob posited so I want to know why it's different.

You don't have to answer, but you know I'm a pretty open-minded guy who listens to opinions without resorting to name-calling/retorting for the sake of retorting/deflection, and that you've helped me form an opinion on gun control before, so I want to know a bit more.

You're also intelligent, so you should already kinda know the answer, which I suspect you do.

Is there a white culture here? I don't think so. Is there a black culture here? Yes lol. These are unpleasant facts, but just the reality.

And thing is, don't leftists agree with me? Wasn't this why "white power" wasn't okay, but black power was?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:18 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
I believe Surt was asserting that even if bump stocks were illegal he could have made them just like in the youtube video.

Looks like we have more then enough terror from US citizens that are male that we could put aside discussions about islamic terrorists for another thread...you know since they don't pew pew people like we do in Murika.

Indeed. I flat out asked him if they could be homemade. He said no. A cursory internet search proved him wrong. Then he switched it to "the mentally ill cant" which is bullshit. Not all mental illness is the same. The Vegas shooter had all this shit set up, cameras, etc. He had the intellectual capacity to make a bumpstock if he needed to IMO. The video I posted is not complicated.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:19 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
He had the intellectual capacity to make a bumpstock if he needed to IMO.

That's just your opinion. It doesn't mean anything.

The video I posted is not complicated.
Complexity is relative

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:21 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

You're also intelligent, so you should already kinda know the answer, which I suspect you do.

Is there a white culture here? I don't think so. Is there a black culture here? Yes lol. These are unpleasant facts, but just the reality.

And thing is, don't leftists agree with me? Wasn't this why "white power" wasn't okay, but black power was?
There are several white cultures in the US, and several black cultures. What about a middle-class black guy going on a rampage? What would your response to that be, for example? Is there not a way of changing crazy white male culture, or behaviour? Or at least trying? Because honestly all of the other things do have solutions that are claimed, as Rob said, but it's like you're just ignoring the constant trend of crazy gun-happy murderous white guys as if it's just 'another shooting' every time it happens. Saying there's nothing that can be done seems so defeatist. Surely there is something that could be done to curb killings such as these?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:22 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are several white cultures in the US, and several black cultures. What about a middle-class black guy going on a rampage? What would your response to that be, for example? Is there not a way of changing crazy white male culture, or behaviour? Or at least trying? Because honestly all of the other things do have solutions that are claimed, as Rob said, but it's like you're just ignoring the constant trend of crazy gun-happy murderous white guys as if it's just 'another shooting' every time it happens. Saying there's nothing that can be done seems so defeatist. Surely there is something that could be done to curb killings such as these?

Name the white cultures.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:23 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

IMO, he's just going to dodge what you're saying asking again as he did with me.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:25 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Name the white cultures.
Banning bump stocks in 2012 could have potentially saved hundreds of lives.

Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's just your opinion. It doesn't mean anything.

Complexity is relative

So he can set up all these cameras, sneak all these many guns into a hotel, but he can't even follow the simple instructions of a youtube video?

Right.

snowdragon

The mass shooters are like a huge testosterone bubbled up rage machine that probably have inferiority issues and need to show how POWA they are with tools of death.

That certainly sounds like a mental issue to me.

snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Banning bump stocks in 2012 could have potentially saved hundreds of lives.

Why did you say this in response to that specific question?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:26 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

So Surt, I generally answer all your questions, can you return the favor:

Originally posted by Robtard
You've dodged again. Why is there a clear "fix" for others and the problem, but not when it's a White shooter?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:27 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

So he can set up all these cameras, sneak all these many guns into a hotel, but he can't even follow the simple instructions of a youtube video?

Right.
But is making it harder for mass shooters a bad thing? You're arguing that bump stocks should be conveniently available to crazy mass shooters at their local shop?

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon
The mass shooters are like a huge testosterone bubbled up rage machine that probably have inferiority issues and need to show how POWA they are with tools of death.

That certainly sounds like a mental issue to me.

Point is..it's not culture. Not every culture is equal. If folk want to say there are white cultures here okay, you do not have the inherent violence, the inherent need to act tough, etc. that you do for black culture, just to give one example. Not that whites aren't violent, but it is not an ever present part of our "culture" in the way it is others. This is just fact. People who don't like it might as well whine 1+1=2.

But being raised up by an awful awful religion that needs to be removed from existence? Growing up in a culture where there is pressure to be tough, to be a thug, to treat disrespect with violence? Different, cuz reasons and rainbows.

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
So Surt, I generally answer all your questions, can you return the favor:

See my above response about cultures.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:29 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But is making it harder for mass shooters a bad thing? You're arguing that bump stocks should be conveniently available to crazy mass shooters at their local shop?

I never said it was bad. I am saying anyone determined to get their mass shooting on can easily make one.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:29 AM
snowdragon

Name the white cultures.

How about any group of individuals that identify with certain common traits such as say language, heritage, education, proximity to each other etc.

How about the yuppy culture that was typically identified with young underaged professional commonly used to identify white males bustling in corporate america.

How about that neo-nazi culture that made itself seen recently with a bunch lawn torches and chanting.

etc etc

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:30 AM
Scribble

Name the white cultures.
'Hillbilly', yuppie, blue-collar workers, suburban families

Every country has sets of cultures dude come on

Look you can PM me your opinion if you feel put-upon in here

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:30 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

'Hillbilly', yuppie, blue-collar workers, suburban families

Every country has sets of cultures dude come on

Look you can PM me your opinion if you feel put-upon in here

But Scrib, here is the difference. People of all races do the "white culture" thing here. You have blacks, you have mexicans, etc. in the suburbs. They aren't insulted for trying to appropriate white culture, etc.

A white dude begins acting "black" he is called a wigger, etc.

Our culture is open to any ethnicity really. I had black friends that embraced me, but they knew I could never be a part of their culture.

Have you ever heard someone whine that white culture is being appropriated?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:31 AM
snowdragon

Point is..it's not culture. .

Looks like part of A gun culture to me, that is being led by white "radicals."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:32 AM