KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
But Scrib, here is the difference. People of all races do the "white culture" thing here. You have blacks, you have mexicans, etc. in the suburbs. They aren't insulted for trying to appropriate white culture, etc.

A white dude begins acting "black" he is called a wigger, etc.

Our culture is open to any ethnicity really. I had black friends that embraced me, but they knew I could never be a part of their culture.
I don't see what this has to do with me asking you why you don't think there's anything that can be done about mass shootings when they're committed by a white guy. It seems really defeatist to go "welp, that's what happens!"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:33 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never said it was bad. I am saying anyone determined to get their mass shooting on can easily make one.
Then why are you arguing that we shouldn't ban bump stocks? If even 1 potential mass shooter is incapable of homemaking a bump stock or simply too lazy to even try, then isn't the ban worth it?

I think ultimately you agree with me though, bump stocks should be made illegal. Which means you agree that our current gun laws are insufficient. thumb up

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:33 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by snowdragon
Looks like part of A gun culture to me, that is being led by white "radicals."
Also yeah white gun culture is obviously a huge part of American society, it spans across the classes but is all based on the same thing

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:34 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
I don't see what this has to do with me asking you why you don't think there's anything that can be done about mass shootings when they're committed by a white guy. It seems really defeatist to go "welp, that's what happens!"

I never said I don't feel there isn't anything that can be done lol. That is the narrative your pals put forth.

The responses are different for whites because in a way we have no culture. We have a culture that is open to others more than any other culture here and you won't hear us whining about you appropriating us. At least nowhere near to the extent of others. You won't ever see a leftist outraged over it.

I think you can agree different solutions might be needed if something is cultural vs being due to mental illness or religious zealotry.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:34 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

See my above response about cultures.

So your answer as to why there's a clear "fix" to stop Muslim, Black and Mexican attackers, but no fix when it's a White attacker is "there are no White cultures".

Yeah, you're being a wilful Bernard Lowe now. "What door?" This is a key reason why it's nigh impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:35 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
Then why are you arguing that we shouldn't ban bump stocks? If even 1 potential mass shooter is incapable of homemaking a bump stock or simply too lazy to even try, then isn't the ban worth it?

I think ultimately you agree with me though, bump stocks should be made illegal. Which means you agree that our current gun laws are insufficient. thumb up

When did I say we shouldn't? I am saying it is meaningless. It will only prevent the law abiding citizens. The criminals will just MAKE ONE. It is not hard.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:35 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I never said I don't feel there isn't anything that can be done lol. That is the narrative your pals put forth.

The responses are different for whites because in a way we have no culture. We have a culture that is open to others more than any other culture here and you won't hear us whining about you appropriating us. At least nowhere near to the extent of others. You won't ever see a leftist outraged over it.

I think you can agree different solutions might be needed if something is cultural vs being due to mental illness or religious zealotry.
What do you think can be done, then?

Also, please, none of this 'pals' talk. I'm not here with them, I'm here to talk to you.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
So your answer as to why there's a clear "fix" to stop Muslim, Black and Mexican attackers, but no fix when it's a White attacker is "there are no White cultures".

Yeah, you're being a wilful Bernard Lowe now. "What culture?" This is a key reason why it's nigh impossible to have an honest conversation with you.

I never said there was no clear fix. I think different problems require different solutions.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:36 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What do you think can be done, then?

Also, please, none of this 'pals' talk. I'm not here with them, I'm here to talk to you.

Ban all guns or enforce existing gun laws.

And bro, you might not be here with them, but they are here with you.

Just look at this bullshit for a second. I never said there was no clear fix, morons say I did. I never said bumpstocks should not be banned, morons said I did.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:37 AM
Scribble

Ban all guns or enforce existing gun laws.

And bro, you might not be here with them, but they are here with you.

Just look at this bullshit for a second. I never said there was no clear fix, morons say I did. I never said bumpstocks should not be banned, morons said I did.
Nothing mental health related? Because if all these crazy people are getting guns, something is going wrong there. Getting rid of all guns is out of the equation, you already convinced me of that. 'Enforce current gun laws' sounds defeatist.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:38 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

When did I say we shouldn't? I am saying it is meaningless. It will only prevent the law abiding citizens. The criminals will just MAKE ONE. It is not hard.
I've never seen a law-abiding citizen stop a mass shooting before it happened...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:38 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I never said there was no clear fix. I think different problems require different solutions.

Your stances/actions imply it. But fair enough, what is the "fix" then for White attackers iyo?

Since we have bans for Muslims, harsher sentences/more prisons for Black and walls and tougher immigration laws for Mexican attackers

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:39 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nothing mental health related? Because if all these crazy people are getting guns, something is going wrong there. Getting rid of all guns is out of the equation, you already convinced me of that. 'Enforce current gun laws' sounds defeatist.

What do you mean in terms of mental health related? If you've been deemed mentally ill and a danger to others or yourself you can't legally purchase a gun.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Your stances/actions imply it. But fair enough, what is the "fix" then for White attacker iyo?

Since we have bans for Muslims, harsher sentences/more prisons for Black and walls and tougher immigration laws for Mexican attackers

We have more blacks in prison because they commit more crime. Thus there is a higher police presence. It's why blacks are in jail more for drugs.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:40 AM
Scribble

Okay: to the rest of you all, what are your specific stances on what can be done about mass shootings that are primarily committed by white middle-aged men?

Serious answers only.

I'm a Brit, so I'm trying to form an opinion. Partisan shit makes that difficult.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:40 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

We have more blacks in prison because they commit more crime.

Okay...

You're once again dodging. What is the "fix" for White attackers, since we have fixes for others?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:41 AM
Scribble

What do you mean in terms of mental health related? If you've been deemed mentally ill and a danger to others or yourself you can't legally purchase a gun.
I was thinking more like, support for people with mental health. If someone with mental health issues has owned guns in the past, maybe keep tabs on them every now and then? I don't know, I'm just brainstorming here. There must be some way to stop like 60 people getting gunned down dead every month or so.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:41 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay: to the rest of you all, what are your specific stances on what can be done about mass shootings that are primarily committed by white middle-aged men?

Serious answers only.

I'm a Brit, so I'm trying to form an opinion. Partisan shit makes that difficult.

But again Scrib, if you're trying to avoid partisan shit put some thought into what you say. For example, look at the percentage of black men who commit mass shootings(15%) and compare that to the overall percentage of blacks in America vs whites.

13% of the population. Most committed by black men, so 6% really.

People love to talk about numbers here without putting it into context with population.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:42 AM
Scribble

But again Scrib, if you're trying to avoid partisan shit put some thought into what you say. For example, look at the percentage of black men who commit mass shootings(15%) and compare that to the overall percentage of blacks in America vs whites.

People love to talk about numbers here without putting it into context with population.
Yeah, and you posited a way of cutting that down, right? So let's go back to the white guys, since you already covered the black guys. Most of the major shootings that happen are white guys, too. Las Vegas, most school shootings, Sandy Hook. Not to say other cultures don't do it too, in fact the US is very multicultural in its psychotic murderers, so props for that.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:45 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education.

Last edited by Firefly218 on Nov 15th, 2017 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:46 AM