KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 16000 Scientists from 184 Countries Publish Dire Warning to Humanity

16000 Scientists from 184 Countries Publish Dire Warning to Humanity
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

16000 Scientists from 184 Countries Publish Dire Warning to Humanity

16,000 scientists sign dire warning to humanity over health of planet

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/14/healt...nity/index.html

(please log in to view the image)

This is bad folks

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:01 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I hope this global warming happens faster than it already is. Really want to end this Ice Age we are currently in, even faster.

But I don't want to pollute the environment while getting there.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:49 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Bring on the End of Humanity. The planet will be better off.

That whole story is such a Pile of Lefty Lies and BULLSHIT!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:54 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tbh, I don't give a shit. We have a massive overpopulation problem. I have embraced the darkness. Might as well go out with a bang.

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:08 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I hope this global warming happens faster than it already is. Really want to end this Ice Age we are currently in, even faster.

thumb up

I think we need to be clear about which environmental issues we talk about.

TBH the boggst one by far is environmental pollution and devastation. I hear China, for instance, is in terrible environmental shape.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:27 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Bring on the End of Humanity. The planet will be better off.
Wow, for once we actually agree. Maybe it really is the end of the world

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 03:38 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Exactly, the sad reality is that it seems as though focusing on global warming has pushed pollution to a back seat. We have the great pacific garbage patch, the atlantic garbage patch, islands covered in plastics/trash, that is a today problem.......except that its not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 04:32 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, think of all the cool species we might be stopping from returning somehow. You can't prove 100% that there aren't dinosaurs hibernating in the center of the earth waiting to return one day. You just can't prove it. I dare you to prove it. The planet is just waiting to give birth to a T-Rex.

Anyways, for no particular reason at all:

Climate Change Alarmism Is Founded On Dishonesty

About That “Climate Consensus”

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 05:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"What door?" - Bernard Lowe

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 05:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Stigma
thumb up

I think we need to be clear about which environmental issues we talk about.

TBH the boggst one by far is environmental pollution and devastation. I hear China, for instance, is in terrible environmental shape.

Right. We talk about leaving a better world for our children and many of us are going apeshit over the carbon and green house gas issues. That's not the real issue. We will go through the warming, anyway. Just faster. Nothing we can do about that at this point, actually. Not sure why we focus so hard on that.

We need to focus more on making the world cleaner for all life to live in, at this point. As a secondary benefit, green house gas emissions would also be reduced.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by snowdragon
Exactly, the sad reality is that it seems as though focusing on global warming has pushed pollution to a back seat. We have the great pacific garbage patch, the atlantic garbage patch, islands covered in plastics/trash, that is a today problem.......except that its not.

Yes, these are some of the things I had in mind.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, so now all the deniers are on board and are just saying, "Oh, well, too late anyway. Just bring it on."

Well good job, morons. If you hadn't been morons maybe it wouldn't be too late.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Scribble
Wow, for once we actually agree. Maybe it really is the end of the world

I will enjoy seeing the Suffering and Fear! Now if only we could get a COOL Apocalypse....not something Boring like Zombies, but GIANT MONSTERS Like Pacific Rim, or even Better ...GODZILLA!!!!!!

Boring old Climate Change is to FuHHIN SLOW!!!!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh, so now all the deniers are on board and are just saying, "Oh, well, too late anyway. Just bring it on."

Well good job, morons. If you hadn't been morons maybe it wouldn't be too late.

Maybe if we kept our eye on the ball and didn't let pollution get so out of control in turn we would have been more mindful of greenhouse gasses as well.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 06:59 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Planned obsolescence will never coincide with saving the earth through conservatism of energy/things. The companies are too greedy.

Take cars. More and more components are being made of cheap plastics and less metals. They claim it's to save weight, but aluminum is similar in weight but far stronger as a material.

It's certainly possible for a well-maintained older vehicle to out-live any modern car. It's also cheaper.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:04 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Is anyone in this thread a denier?

We can go back to 2008, on KMC, and see evidence that I'm not a denier.

And, according to the scientific community, it has been too late for many years, now.

This video really brings it up (it's dramatized, but actually sought to capture the real situation as part of the show):

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:12 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kurk
Tbh, I don't give a shit. We have a massive overpopulation problem. I have embraced the darkness. Might as well go out with a bang.

That's a really irresponsible and f#cked up thing to say, to want millions of people to die from horrible storms, drought, and famine. It's not gonna be just a few tides rising. It will lead to some really f#cked up shit for the less fortunate.

And we wouldn't have so much of an overpopulation problem if we'd use our resources more wisely.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by snowdragon
Maybe if we kept our eye on the ball and didn't let pollution get so out of control in turn we would have been more mindful of greenhouse gasses as well.

Pollution has always been on the table as a problem/not a problem though, well, at least since the late 50's/early 60's. People have argued "pollution is becoming a problem" and "nope, no pollution problems, keep on keeping on" since then,

It's also hard to separate man-made climate change from pollution, they're intermixed. The reason we're heating up faster than normal/natural, is because of pollution.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's a really irresponsible and f#cked up thing to say, to want millions of people to die from horrible storms, drought, and famine. It's not gonna be just a few tides rising. It will lead to some really f#cked up shit for the less fortunate.

And we wouldn't have so much of an overpopulation problem if we'd use our resources more wisely.
I'm not giving up my resources. More people = more sharing. I'd rather die driving my Mercury Marauder than in a Prius. Humans are sh1t. Idgaf.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:34 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Alright, you are really fu#ked up and irresponsible. Fair enough. Good job with that. thumb up

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:43 PM