KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Feminist researcher: Small desks cause 'hostile' environment for fat students

Feminist researcher: Small desks cause 'hostile' environment for fat students
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Demand is going up because it's complete shit. Smart people don't go to medical school anymore. We just get dumbasses. I don't want nurse practioners and physician assistants replacing docs.

Who likes dealing with the problems of stupid people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UGraFUuQjA

Nah, I'd prefer more NPs, actually. From what I saw, there is very little difference in Education between NPs and MDs until you get to the residency part vs. clinicals. All the NPs I know are really good and are almost, in all ways, functional doctors.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Shouldn't this be in the 'Triggered' thread? Seems appropriate

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:06 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Scribble
Shouldn't this be in the 'Triggered' thread? Seems appropriate

Nah, I'm not actually insulted at all when people fitness shame me. That's the point of the satire.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Oh I just meant the thing about fat students and small desks, that's usually where the 'Silly SJWs' stuff goes

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:12 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Fitness Shaming: stupid unless the person is harming themselves and others (Anorexia).

Fat Shaming: should be done just the same as smoking shaming or alcoholism shaming is done.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...tefully/267446/

Agreed in the sense that healthier living should be pushed hard, but calling obese people names and making them feel awful in being fat isn't going to work. It's like instead of finding an alcoholic who wants to change a sponsor and pointing them to AA meetings, we just insult them over and over and hope that works.

Though it should also be noted that smokers and alcoholics can be a danger to those around them in regards to second hand smoke and drunk driving. I've yet to be endangered by an obese person next to me or on the road afaik.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Robtard

Though it should also be noted that smokers and alcoholics can be a danger to those around them in regards to second hand smoke and drunk driving. I've yet to be endangered by an obese person next to me or on the road afaik.

Touche.

However, I think the main criticism of the issue mentioned in the article tends to focus on the idea that they display an attitude of *it's not me that needs to change*, it's *everything around me needs to change coz I am overweight / obese*.

And this, in turn, can be a very tangible reality for others.

Last edited by Stigma on Nov 15th, 2017 at 08:31 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:24 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk
Do Feminists think it's okay to be fat? Like from a health stand-point?

Kinda, yeah. Some have pushed the "you can be fat and healthy" myth. Then we have recent stuff like this:

BRAVE: Chunky Feminists Are Now 'Coming Out As Fat'

lol@ the comment with the most upvotes :

"How could she fit in a closet, let alone come out of it?"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:38 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Stigma
Touche.

However, I think the main criticism of the issue mentioned in the article tends to focus on the idea that they display an attitude of *it's not me that needs to change*, it's *everything around me needs to change coz I am overweight / obese*.

And this, in turn, can be a very tangible reality for others.

Yes and no, as I'm not a proponent of pushing the idea that being fat/obese is okay/healthy; it's not. As I said, healthier living and being at least somewhat fit should be pushed hard and I realize some will view that as me being a 'fascist', 'freedom hater' or some other nonsense. But I also realize that obesity is a disease/disability and we make concessions for people for are handicapped/disabled.

Either way, fat-shaming people isn't the way to get them to be healthier and shed the obesity, is ultimately what I'm saying here. You'll do better encouraging them, instead of going "eat less you fat f--k!"

edit: Case in point. Look at Surtur below.

Originally posted by Surtur
Kinda, yeah. Some have pushed the "you can be fat and healthy" myth. Then we have recent stuff like this:

BRAVE: Chunky Feminists Are Now 'Coming Out As Fat'

lol@ the comment with the most upvotes :

"How could she fit in a closet, let alone come out of it?"

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 15th, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Time to turn this into a fat-triggered or pro-fat meme dump:

My Ideal Family:

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:43 PM
dadudemon

Delicious gifs:

Poop but still looks delicious:

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:44 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

That's actually making me hungry...

**** you I'm on a diet!

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:45 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Dude vomiting what looks like milk:

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:45 PM
dadudemon

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:46 PM
dadudemon

And this image, I cannot embed because it is very NSFW.

But there is definitely a big surprise waiting for you if you click the link:

https://i.imgur.com/bydpfBv.png

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:47 PM
dadudemon

Very Cheesy Mac and Cheese with a tad bit of fresh Jalapeno diced up in it:

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 08:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

My Ideal Family:

Lmao. How dare you. You'll do better encouraging them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

this excessive eating thing is a mental disorder. it's getting worse and worse and very unhealthy for the person. I look at it as similar to alcoholism.

we should not be condoning being excessively overweight. it's unhealthy and indicative of a deeper issue like alcoholism is.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:38 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I find it very interesting when some of the obese people I work with call me excessive and unhealthy for working out "too much" and "not eating enough"
these fat, young people that can barely breathe say this to me.

this is the environment we created however. i'm sure i'll get flak for it but saying fat is beautiful or whatever and making up all these catch phrases to condone this lifestyle is dangerous to the individual, to our children, and to our pockets via the health care system.

what a mess soft minded people have made

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:42 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

My Ideal Family:

god damn that looks good tho

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 11:43 PM