KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » How big are universes in dragonball?

How big are universes in dragonball?
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

How big are universes in dragonball?

I see people on other sites like CV saying that the universes in dragonball are only composed on 4 galaxies. is this true?

-thx

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:21 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

It's not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:32 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

No it is not.

As you can see in this image of Super Shenron.
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...=20160501041041

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:36 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The universe used to be comprised of 4 galaxies. However, Toriyama's original(and very finite) vision of cosmology has since been completely retconned by DBS.

For example, when Super Shenron was released in episode 41, FAR more than 4 individual galaxies were shown:

(please log in to view the image)

*Keep in mind: those screen-caps only feature ONE portion of the universe, and therefore only represent an infinitesimal micro-fraction of its collective galaxies.

And on that note, Jaco flat-out stated there are "countless" numbers of galaxies in the mainstream universe(ie. Universe 7):

...and since cosmology in each of the 12 universes seems relatively similar, I would imagine they all contain countless/infinite galaxies as well.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 15th, 2017 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 07:41 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Oh, I don't suspect the number is infinite or anything like that. We know for a fact that the Supreme Kai's of Universe 6 assign each galaxy in their universe to a number (and that Magetta is from galaxy 66950). The number is finite, and is at minimum in the tens of thousands; four is out of the question.

That said, unless Magetta just happened to be from one of the very first galaxies, I have a sneaking suspicion that the 12 universes don't contain trillions or quadrillions of galaxies either. And no, the number wouldn't likely be based on the number of galaxies with civilization, considering how Universe 7 only had 27 planets that fit that bill.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:42 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Assigning numerical designations doesn't necessarily mean the number of galaxies is finite by proxy, though.

In Marvel comics, for example, they canonically have a multiverse that IS comprised of infinite universes... And each universe is given a numerical designation. For example, the mainstream universe/earth in Marvel is designated 616, the Ultimate universe/earth is designated 1610, the oldschool Guardians of the Galaxy universe/earth is designated 691, etc. etc... This doesn't make the cosmology any less infinite, though -- it's just an easy means of cataloguing.

That said, while I doubt that Jaco's 'countless' statement implies infinite galaxies, I do suspect that each universe is comprised of billions upon billions of them. After all, Jaco *should* be quite familiar with cosmology, so for him to say there are "countless" galaxies in the universe that are similar to the Milky Way tells me there is a un-f*cking-godly amount of them in total. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 16th, 2017 at 01:54 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 01:48 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

If Goku could travel from the Earth to Namek in a regular propulsion rocket ship, how big could the universe be? (Remember that they needed the Namek ship because Earth tech was incapable of warp drives.)

I say the Dragon Ball Earth is about as big as the moon in Adventures of the Little Prince, and the length of the universe is twice that of Snake Way, or 2 million kilometers (Might be less. Snake Way takes up a lot of the original Toriyama map.)

Dragon Ball is based off Journey to the West, which is a teeny, tiny universe, so makes sense each universe would be equally tiny.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:02 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

KEK.

Agreed with Galan. I suspect the universe has billions upon billions of galaxies.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:22 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
KEK.

Agreed with Galan. I suspect the universe has billions upon billions of galaxies.

Maybe those galaxies are what Snake Eyes uses for throwing stars. smile

If they ever had a Dragon Ball/IDW crossover, I bet Goku would smaller then a hair on Scarlett's head.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote