KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Do you trust big media?

Do you trust big media?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Do you trust big media?

What I mean by trust, is do you think their corporate owners give them free reign to report the truth? Or do they impose a "tow the line" walled garden where they'll frown on anything that embarresses, say, an affiliate.

Do they take sides in politics? And if so, is it because if bias on the ground, or is it imposes from above?

Is big news simply another form of "propaganda"?

I mean, lets say hyporthetically, we needed a real revolution. Could the media be counted on to back the people in this?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope.

Chief journalist at ABC is George Stephanopolous.

President of CBS is David Rhodes who's the brother of a senior Obama admin staffer.

NBC is run by Comcast which is owned by a major Democrat donor.

CBS and Time Warner own CNN

No I don't trust them lol.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:26 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I don't see any good reason to trust them, even before going to their notorious bias and agendas.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:28 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kurk
Nope.

Chief journalist at ABC is George Stephanopolous.

President of CBS is David Rhodes who's the brother of a senior Obama admin staffer.

NBC is run by Comcast which is owned by a major Democrat donor.

CBS and Time Warner own CNN

No I don't trust them lol.

Right. And all Murdoch news, too.

It's mostly bias hackery. From both sides.

Don't trust it, either. I try to verify if I get news from "major news" sources.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:29 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Do you trust big media?

Originally posted by cdtm
is do you think their corporate owners give them free reign to report the truth? Or do they impose a "tow the line" walled garden where they'll frown on anything that embarresses, say, an affiliate.

Oh they definitely don't give them free reign to report the truth.

quote:
Do they take sides in politics? And if so, is it because if bias on the ground, or is it imposes from above?

Indeed they do take sides in politics. As to why, I think it's a mixture of both the reasons you gave.

quote:

Yes, though it's not propaganda 100% of the time. But it's not rare either.

quote:
I mean, lets say hyporthetically, we needed a real revolution. Could the media be counted on to back the people in this?

Depends on who wants the revolution, for what reasons and who is in charge at the time. For instance, they'd back a revolution against Trump in a heartbeat lol. Then again Trump could blow his nose and they'd find something about it to complain about.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 09:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's have a coup d'etait and seize the news outlets big grin

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 10:02 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

no

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 10:04 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

What I mean by trust, is do you think their corporate owners give them free reign to report the truth? Or do they impose a "tow the line" walled garden where they'll frown on anything that embarresses, say, an affiliate.

Nope. Although some newspapers have autonomy from their owners. Lord Rothemere owns the Daily Mail including its websites which are currently the biggest news websites in the world and he was, as an example, pro-remain during the Brexit referendum yet the editor of the paper, Paul Dacre was staunchly pro leave and the outlets he ran reflected that.

Another example was the 2015 UK general election and the Sun newspaper (Murdoch owned). The English version was pro Tory party and the Scottish version of the same paper was pro Scottish National Party who are diametrically opposed in almost every political way possible.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:10 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Re: Re: Do you trust big media?

Originally posted by jaden101
the Daily Mail including its websites which are currently the biggest news websites in the world
Seriously? God, that's depressing.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:23 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I trust that it's prolly factually true, I question if there's sh!t they're omitting to mislead.

Regardless, the best news source remains actual newspapers

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:25 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Do you trust big media?

Originally posted by Scribble
Seriously? God, that's depressing.

It was anyway. Bigger than the NYT website globally.

I hate people.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:31 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by jaden101
It was anyway. Bigger than the NYT website globally.

I hate people.
If you want a nice shot of misanthropy, just go on any DM article and look at the most upvoted comments. It's essentially "most stupid comment wins".

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:34 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've found Info Wars to be a fairly reputable and reliable news source. I wish every news outlet was like them.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:35 AM
Killjoy12

quote:
Do they take sides in politics?

CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC and MSNBC hate Trump so much they can not and will not report fair on anything he does. It is like the owners and the news anchors have a mental disease. If it was not so bad for the country it would be fun to watch. And if Trump were to win a second term they will all be basket cases.

Now that WILL be fun to watch.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:40 AM
Killjoy12 is currently offline Click here to Send Killjoy12 a Private Message Find more posts by Killjoy12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Re: Re: Do you trust big media?

Originally posted by Killjoy12
CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC and MSNBC hate Trump so much they can not and will not report fair on anything he does.

That kind of blanket hyperbole is a big reason why this country is so divided and polarized.

And naturally, Fox doesn't make your list.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:49 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Killjoy12
CBS, NBC, CNN, ABC and MSNBC hate Trump so much they can not and will not report fair on anything he does. It is like the owners and the news anchors have a mental disease. If it was not so bad for the country it would be fun to watch. And if Trump were to win a second term they will all be basket cases.

And when they have nothing legit to complain about they will either make stuff up or talk about petty stuff. We saw an example of both due to his recent trip to Asia. We had the false story about the fish feeding and then we had the stories about his handshake lol.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:49 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Surtur
And when they have nothing legit to complain about they will either make stuff up or talk about petty stuff. We saw an example of both due to his recent trip to Asia. We had the false story about the fish feeding and then we had the stories about his handshake lol.

Well, there was actual sh!t to complain about, like say, Trump's EPA disregarding scientists, Trump still supporting "clean coal", ect.

But nah, let's hear about them fishes.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:51 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Well, there was actual sh!t to complain about, like say, Trump's EPA disregarding scientists, Trump still supporting "clean coal", ect.

But nah, let's hear about them fishes.

I meant nothing to complain about in terms of the Asia trip. But indeed yes, as you just highlighted, if they couldn't find anything about Asia to complain over there were other legit stories.

But nope, fish and handshakes.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:53 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I trust that it's prolly factually true, I question if there's sh!t they're omitting to mislead.

Regardless, the best news source remains actual newspapers

Not the New Haven Register.

All they are is a mish mash of Washington Post articles, Yale newz (Because that's where a lot of these reporters went, likely), and pandering crap (New Haven is dead, jobs are gone. Here's something for you black people to direct your anger at/remember who to vote for.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 12:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Not the New Haven Register.

All they are is a mish mash of Washington Post articles, Yale newz (Because that's where a lot of these reporters went, likely), and pandering crap (New Haven is dead, jobs are gone. Here's something for you black people to direct your anger at/remember who to vote for.)

The Washpo is my go to source for news tbh. I use the Washington journal to get the other side though

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 01:02 AM