KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Worst MCU villain

Worst MCU villain
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheGrat1
Got his ass kicked by Thor's mom.

An Asgardian warrior. We were never told that the Dark Elves were great hand to hand combatants, but we know that Asgardians practice a fair bit. She also killed a Frost Giant.

Not saying Malekith was great or anything (he wasn't), but being beaten by Frigga is no low showing.

==

As far as topic goes... Worst? I dunno, a lot of them are just wasted as characters, especially given the tendency to cast really, really good actors as the bad guy in these movies.

The most disappointing one though? That's easy: Ultron. Great casting, decent look, but awfully written dialogue even if his plan itself wasn't terrible.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Mandarin and its not even close. Also Killian. By far worse than the DC villains

PWNT

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:48 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Oh, while we're at it let's rip on DC's villains too. The only good one was Joker from TDK trilogy....the rest have sucked.

All the villains from the Nolan films were fine, except maybe Bane, but that’s mostly due to how the writing threw him under the bus.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:54 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Any villain from Ironman 3.

Malekith was a victim of a bunch of his character development scenes being taken out of the final cut.

Also a good villain doesnt mean that they HAVE to know how to fight and are super strong and have OP powers.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 03:55 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Forgot about yellowjacket.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Loki.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:29 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Def Yellow Jacket

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:45 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Re: Worst MCU villain

Originally posted by carthage
Since the DC bashing has commenced in full it's time to take a whip to some of the worst MCU villains. What is one villain in a film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that was the epitome of blandness, had a boring motivation, or just sucked as a villain? Was it the directors fault or the studio for choosing such a shitty character and executing it poorly?

Thread=TLDNR, so not sure if it was covered:

Zemo was a big letdown.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:35 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by -Pr-
An Asgardian warrior. We were never told that the Dark Elves were great hand to hand combatants, but we know that Asgardians practice a fair bit. She also killed a Frost Giant.

Not saying Malekith was great or anything (he wasn't), but being beaten by Frigga is no low showing.

==

It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat. He needed Kurse to save him. Dark elves carry swords so I would expect they know how to use them and frost giants are fodder.
Frankly, I do not care that she is an Asgardian warrior. It could have been Sif or one of the warriors three. Malekith is supposed to be the big bad. Getting beaten down like that in single combat by someone other than Thor or Odin is weak as hell. That is like Ultron Prime being solo'd by War Machine.

https://youtu.be/PGHocnQyYNw

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:49 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat. He needed Kurse to save him. Dark elves carry swords so I would expect they know how to use them and frost giants are fodder.
Frankly, I do not care that she is an Asgardian warrior. It could have been Sif or one of the warriors three. Malekith is supposed to be the big bad. Getting beaten down like that in single combat by someone other than Thor or Odin is weak as hell. That is like Ultron Prime being solo'd by War Machine.

https://youtu.be/PGHocnQyYNw

I disagree, but fair enough I guess.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It is not simply that he lost. He got CURB STOMPED. He did not get 1 hit in and Frigga ended the fight with a sword to his throat.

I actually thought that was pretty cool showing Frigga as a bad ass.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 10:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Definitely Fake Mandarin & Malekith.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 11:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by carthage
They're making a Dr Doom film with the guy who made he critically acclaimed Legion, so yeah it will probably be better than fan4stic

We'll see if anything comes of that. Maybe like Joe Carnahan's ultimately failed Daredevil movie, it's just a last ditch effort to keep the rights that expires when time is up for production to start.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:25 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: Re: Worst MCU villain

Originally posted by riv6672

Zemo was a big letdown.

Zemo was one of the best ones! He actually won, and did just through intelligent, strategic manipulation of people.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:27 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Like to know if they have further plans for Zemo in the MCU, Maybe he finds out in his family tree that he's part of some royal family.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 12:33 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Zemo was a great villain. He had real motivations that made sense AND accomplished what he wanted to do...break The Avengers apart

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:23 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
horrorwolf
Incarnation of Infinity

Whiplash was and still holds the title of the reigning suck a** villain of the MCU.

He was awful in everyway including how he was written to actually be a threat to Tony in ANY IM suit.

Any street level cop walking the beat could take Whiplash out GEEZUS.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 06:46 PM
horrorwolf is currently offline Click here to Send horrorwolf a Private Message Find more posts by horrorwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Just films: Malekith.

All MCU: Diamondback.

Zemo was a fantastic villain. He actually won. A spec-ops guy with a grudge made Loki and Ultron's schemes look like chump change. Ironically the least fantastical villains are the best villians in the MCU: Kingpin, Ward, Kilgrave, Zemo, Whitney Frost, Black Mariah and Cottonmouth. Small and personal beats out large and bland.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 17th, 2017 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:14 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Nephthys
Just films: Malekith.

All MCU: Diamondback.

Zemo was a fantastic villain. Ironically the least fantastical villains are the best villians in the MCU: Kingpin, Ward, Kilgrave, Zemo, Whitney Frost, Black Mariah and Cottonmouth.
I actually really like Hela, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Red Skull, Loki....etc..

I'm sick to death of hearing that Marvel has a villain problem..it's a false narrative repeated happily by people that hate the MCU.

Sure, there are a few stinkers...that's bound to happen in a franchise that is 17+ films in the running now.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:17 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Thanos

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:19 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote