KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Worst MCU villain

Worst MCU villain
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I actually really like Hela, Ego, Obadiah Stane, Red Skull, Loki....etc..

I'm sick to death of hearing that Marvel has a villain problem..it's a false narrative repeated happily by people that hate the MCU.

Sure, there are a few stinkers...that's bound to happen in a franchise that is 17+ films in the running now.

thumb up

Marvel has some great villains, some incredible ones even. More than they do bad ones. They do have some bland ones though. And a lot of personalityless sub-villians.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:22 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The biggest flaw I find with Marvel villains is that they don't leave a lasting impact either due to being just a step to Thanos or just having poor characterization.

Ultron is a prime example of a potentially awesome villain story going nowhere.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Ultron was fine, unfortunately; he didn't get NEAR enough time to be an Avengers villain. 1 movie wasn't enough for him. Most of the MCU villains are fine though; with a few exceptions.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:47 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Ultron was a good villain. He was definitely unique but it's always been about Thanos. This May.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Malekith by far. Half the time I forgot that he was in the movie, that's how little personality he had. Which is a shame because I loved him in the Walt Simonson Thor comics.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:40 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Oh, while we're at it let's rip on DC's villains too. The only good one was Joker from TDK trilogy....the rest have sucked.

Nicholson Joker, parts of DeVito's Penguin, Nolan Ra's al Ghul, Nolan Scarecrow, Nolan Two-Face, TDKR Bane, and TDKR Catwoman are all good villains.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:42 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I'm sick to death of hearing that Marvel has a villain problem..it's a false narrative repeated happily by people that hate the MCU.

Sure, there are a few stinkers...that's bound to happen in a franchise that is 17+ films in the running now.

+1 for liking Obadiah Stane. Nobody ever brings him up, but I thought Jeff Bridges was charismatic as f.uck in Iron Man.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 04:45 AM
ares834

Malekith and Whiplash.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:12 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
+1 for liking Obadiah Stane. Nobody ever brings him up, but I thought Jeff Bridges was charismatic as f.uck in Iron Man.
Ikr? Jeff was great in IM1 👍

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:44 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kazenji
Like to know if they have further plans for Zemo in the MCU, Maybe he finds out in his family tree that he's part of some royal family.

I'm hoping Marvel slowly teases the Thunderbolts, with Secretary Ross creating this covert ops team with Zemo as the leader (and Vulture makes the team) because he's not going to let Tony Stark do what he does.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

The movies:

- Worst: ya, prolly Malekith
- Most disappointing: Ultron

TV:
- By far, any of the garbage cabal of the Five Fingers of the Hand.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Oh, while we're at it let's rip on DC's villains too. The only good one was Joker from TDK trilogy....the rest have sucked.

Terence Stamp Zod?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:21 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

True on the villain hate.

Just look at James Bond: plenty of classic villains, plenty of bad ones, and everything in between. It's gonna happen when the movie catalog gets so deep.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Zack SNyder..

DCEU Fanboys

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 08:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

In retrospect, Iron Monger's plan was stupid. He himself called Tony the "goose that lays the golden eggs", and his plan was to strangle the goose, declare himself CEO/President/whatever and then what? Stark Industries likely would have stagnated and lost it's market dominance once Stane realized he and his best engineers were nowhere close to Stark in a cave with a box of scraps. Even after he realized that he still tried to kill Tony.

Red Skull, most underrated MCU villian imo. Checked all of the boxes plus a great performance by Hugo Weaving.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 01:56 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by playa1258
Malekith sucked shit.
Yeah he is probably the worst one.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 03:24 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by Nephthys

All MCU: Diamondback.

thumb up

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 04:45 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by TheGrat1
In retrospect, Iron Monger's plan was stupid. He himself called Tony the "goose that lays the golden eggs", and his plan was to strangle the goose, declare himself CEO/President/whatever and then what? Stark Industries likely would have stagnated and lost it's market dominance once Stane realized he and his best engineers were nowhere close to Stark in a cave with a box of scraps. Even after he realized that he still tried to kill Tony.

Red Skull, most underrated MCU villian imo. Checked all of the boxes plus a great performance by Hugo Weaving.
Yah, again I agree Red Skull as I said is great; and no one gives him credit.

As far as Obadiah, sure his plan wasn't the best, but he oozed charisma and was fantastically played by Jeff Bridges. Critics raved about him when the film was released and because so many people like to mindlessly parrot that the MCU has no good villains, they ignore him conveniently.

As I said, the MCU absolutely has some stinkers, but they've got some great villains too. Honestly, the biggest problem I have with MCU villains is that they almost always get killed after just one movie....not enough time to set them up properly.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 04:52 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I want the dark avengers and Sentry in phase four. That'd be fantastic.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 05:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

A Thunderbolts movie would be cool but I just looked through the villains list and I'm reminded just how many bad guys die in these movies. All I can figure would fit would be Zemo + Vulture, someone from an upcoming movie and then maybe you can bullshit IM3 and Dr. Stranges bad guys back. Have Songbird be the protag and introduce her in this film.

Deadpool and/or Punisher as a pipedreams.

Honestly though I'm really down for one of the after credits scenes in an upcoming movie being Ross coming into the bad guys cell and saying "I'm here to talk to you about the Thunderbolts initiative."

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 21st, 2017 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 06:29 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote