KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Necessary components for a successful religious text

Necessary components for a successful religious text
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That source seems pretty sketchy

"Christianity is the oldest and the most popular religion on this planet. It was founded by Jesus Christ in somewhere around 27 AD. Christianity is also the oldest Abrahamic Religion."

Also IIRC Islam is the fastest growing religion unfortunately.

^^^Well their opinions may be contrary to yours (and mine), but i'm more interested in the numbers themselves.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
ooh, another religion that's an order of magnitude better than real world religions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9MvdMqKvpU

Yeah i'm pretty much going to blow you off after this (as i know who you are/what you're doing) but again, internet, so feel free to keep my thread super active thanks. smile

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah i'm pretty much going to blow you off after this (as i know who you are/what you're doing) but again, internet, so feel free to keep my thread super active thanks. smile

Happy to oblige:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzy8RMGaL0

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 05:54 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

1 - The main character/idea/theme would be a phenomenon of great power.

2 - Wrap it in stories inspiring awe, fear and hope. Include tales of individuals dealing with this phenomenon so people have characters they can more easily relate to.

3 - An *inspired* set of rules on how the masses should interact with this phenomenon, with each other, and in general how to live.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 10:41 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I think that last may be the one that cant be omitted, no matter the religion.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:06 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by riv6672
I think that last may be the one that cant be omitted, no matter the religion.
I regard it as the most important feature. Religion, philosophy, even politics: a lot of this is abstract, heady stuff. But the one thing that is concrete is our behavior, how we treat each other.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 02:54 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
That source seems pretty sketchy

"Christianity is the oldest and the most popular religion on this planet. It was founded by Jesus Christ in somewhere around 27 AD. Christianity is also the oldest Abrahamic Religion."

Also IIRC Islam is the fastest growing religion unfortunately.

Yeah that's definitely questionable. Judaism is the oldest Religion in the world and the first Abrahamic Religion. And yeah, Islam is the fastest growing Religion due to birth rates.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 07:32 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Mindship
I regard it as the most important feature. Religion, philosophy, even politics: a lot of this is abstract, heady stuff. But the one thing that is concrete is our behavior, how we treat each other.

Treat each other, or how the religion's representatives want ppl to behave.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 08:19 PM