KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Sex scandals are we forgetting context?

Sex scandals are we forgetting context?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sex scandals are we forgetting context?

The casting coach was once considered a right of passage for starlets and perhaps young male stars also.

I don't doubt this is also true in other walks of life, where people have much to gain, they sell their sexuality. To a point, it's what attractive people have often traded on consciously.

Whilst clearly an abhorrent activity, with historical sexual abuse in Hollywood are we forgetting times and social norms have changed?

Everyone has a price, posssibly?

Etc?

Are all peons chattel?

When they stop being peons might the ex chattel indulge?

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Nov 17th, 2017 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:31 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

I don't really understand your overall point. You made a new thread for it though, so it must be somewhat important. Would you be able to clarify?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:42 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
I don't really understand your overall point. You made a new thread for it though, so it must be somewhat important. Would you be able to clarify?

Time/Society/The nature of people/attributing standards of today to actions of the past/how peoples positions change how they perceive their own reality etc.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:46 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

How far back do we have to go before we stop applying modern standards of decency, though? Surely assault is assault, even outside of context. Just because "noncing was standard back in the '70s" doesn't mean those nonces shouldn't have to face their crimes. It's not like social standards of the time have any effect on the victims and their lives.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:52 PM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
How far back do we have to go before we stop applying modern standards of decency, though? Surely assault is assault, even outside of context. Just because "noncing was standard back in the '70s" doesn't mean those nonces shouldn't have to face their crimes. It's not like social standards of the time have any effect on the victims and their lives.

Well that's the question, isn't it. You clearly feel the morals of today should be attributed to the past when perhaps people did not see things in the same way. I don't agree or disagree at this point.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:54 PM
Scribble

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Well that's the question, isn't it. You clearly feel the morals of today should be attributed to the past when perhaps people did not see things in the same way. I don't agree or disagree at this point.
I'm just saying that, generally, social morals and perspectives don't really dictate how someone feels after getting raped.

"I just got raped, but hey, it is the 1960s!"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 04:59 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It's irrelevant though. What was acceptable in the past doesn't change what's unacceptable now.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:00 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by socool8520
It's irrelevant though. What was acceptable in the past doesn't change what's unacceptable now.

Really? Interesting.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:09 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Well, slavery was acceptable in the past but it clearly isn't now. This would be one of those times when change was needed or made things better. Same with the treatment of women. It is a good change that assaulting women is unacceptable, or at least much more so than in the past.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:13 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Btw, I know a fair bit about film history, and your description of the casting couch is kind of off. Young male and female actors had no idea that they would be forced to have sex with someone as the final stage of becoming a 'star', and most went along with it through naivety. It wasn't a rite of passage, it was institutionalised abuse, even then.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:15 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

It is a good change that assaulting women is unacceptable

i don't believe it was acceptable. it was just acceptable practice to casually dismiss all accusations based on 'what she was wearing', her background, locker room talk, her past intimate relationships, etc. as a means of sliming her character and generally implying that she really did want it.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:18 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i don't believe it was acceptable. it was just acceptable practice to casually dismiss all accusations based on 'what she was wearing', her background, locker room talk, her past intimate relationships, etc. as a means of sliming her character and generally implying that she really did want it.

Right, that's I said or at least more unacceptable due to the reasons you have stated.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:25 PM
dadudemon

Re: Sex scandals are we forgetting context?

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
The casting coach was once considered a right of passage for starlets and perhaps young male stars also.

I don't doubt this is also true in other walks of life, where people have much to gain, they sell their sexuality. To a point, it's what attractive people have often traded on consciously.

Whilst clearly an abhorrent activity, with historical sexual abuse in Hollywood are we forgetting times and social norms have changed?

Everyone has a price, posssibly?

Etc?

Are all peons chattel?

When they stop being peons might the ex chattel indulge?

I'd gladly serve my ass and balls up to a disgusting rich old guy if it meant I would get put in a movie that netted me $2 million with the options to network with his other pervs and open doors to other ways to make more of that kind of money. Do my time in the butt-bashing for a few years and graduate.

Dude...not to say it's okay to abuse people and take advantage of them but I'm a dirty dirty whore who would gladly do tricks for that amount of money.

Need me to make monkey sounds to get off? Fine. Need me to helicopter my dick while you lick my feet? No problem.

That's a shit-ton of money. no expression

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:27 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd gladly serve my ass and balls up to a disgusting rich old guy if it meant I would get put in a movie that netted me $2 million with the options to network with his other pervs and open doors to other ways to make more of that kind of money. Do my time in the butt-bashing for a few years and graduate.

Dude...not to say it's okay to abuse people and take advantage of them but I'm a dirty dirty whore who would gladly do tricks for that amount of money.

Need me to make monkey sounds to get off? Fine. Need me to helicopter my dick while you lick my feet? No problem.

If you've got what it takes, why the **** not. Gotta be honest about it like.

I'd never do it because ain't nobody going near my butt. Nobody. Not ever. No.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:29 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Hmmm... maybe... just maybe... it's not a good idea for society to treat sex as some casual transactional thing.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 05:33 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

This THREAD is NOTHING but Stevie trying to "RATIONALIZE"
how its OK for One Side to Act like Sex Pervs while it is NOT Ok for Others to do the same.

aka... its ok for LEFTYWOOD to Rape and Molest because..."Fame/Politics".

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 07:59 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Well, slavery was acceptable in the past but it clearly isn't now. This would be one of those times when change was needed or made things better. Same with the treatment of women. It is a good change that assaulting women is unacceptable, or at least much more so than in the past.

Not in the west true. But in the middle east, it's the norm.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:00 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Re: Re: Sex scandals are we forgetting context?

If you're willing to do that much for 2 mil, i wonder what you'll do for a klondite bar.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:02 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Okay, and I think we agree that there attachment to outdated and disgusting views on women is not acceptable right? Only strengthens my original point.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:04 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Sex scandals are we forgetting context?

Bingo as Rob would say. Sometimes, these "sexual assaults" may have been a transaction perhaps even a predatory one to achieve their aims from a now aggrieved party. Who knows? I'm just not sure everything is always as cut and dried as we are led to believe and that comes from a guy who is a feminist in the sense he believes in equality of opportunity for the sexes.

For instance Raisen offered me 400K Sterling to **** his pussy ass, I don't mind getting shit on my dick for 400K, I just don't think he actually has the money.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Nov 17th, 2017 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2017 08:22 PM