KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darksied Vs Silver Surfer

Darksied Vs Silver Surfer
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
The interview isn't even necessary, just shows what happened in the comic. Much like people who don't believe Sentry wanted to die in the end of Siege.

So the Bendis interview further cements it despite it not being needed.

Not quite.

See the next panel. Surfer is actually struggling. Remember, this is a guy some say is able to hang with the frickin' Hulk in h2h.

(please log in to view the image)

Allowing someone to restrain you, means you're not struggling at all. Like a 5 year old holding onto my leg and pretending to restrain me. I wouldn't be grimacing like that, nor would my words be strained in that manner. Or even that Ahh!

If in the comic, Surfer then goes 'haha I was pretending all along!' like I do when my nephew pretends to shoot me, then sure, the interview backs up what's shown on panel.

Also doesn't bode well for his reactions if again, a human-ish level Panther is able to surprise him with a flip.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Dec 10th, 2017 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Also reminds me of the time Board Walker peddled that rubbish theory that Superman tore a hole in the multiverse. I tweeted the author and he confirmed he was wrong. Didn't need the info from the author but it is there.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:34 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by abhilegend
Except no, she didn't.
Entire GL corps was dismissed by Mobius (Without ALE which was powerful enough to oneshot kill him).

Darkseid easily beats him down WITH ALE.

Dismissed? He is struggling against a group of them before unleashing a blast while on the ropes. The rest of the Corps are battling the shadows. Then Ultraman nearly beats him silly and may have won is he allowed Superman’s help.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:36 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not quite.

See the next panel. Surfer is actually struggling. Remember, this is a guy some say is able to hang with the frickin' Hulk in h2h.

Allowing someone to restrain you, means you're not struggling at all. Like a 5 year old holding onto my leg and pretending to restrain me. I wouldn't be grimacing like that, nor would my words be strained in that manner. Or even that Ahh!

If in the comic, Surfer then goes 'haha I was pretending all along!' like I do when my nephew pretends to shoot me, then sure, the interview backs up what's shown on panel.

The author describes it himself unless you believe he was lying or is wrong?

By allowing to restrain I mean he isn't actively trying to break out which he wasn't. He wanted Panther to feel like he had an advantage. So naturally grimacing and making noises etc is a pretty good way pf doing that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:36 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

In reply to your edit. What you are saying only makes sense if you believe that Surfer wasn't allowing himself to be restrained despite what the comic alludes to and what the author clarified.

So if you are coming from that point of view then I can't argue with that. If Surfer wasn't deliberately wanting to be restrained then I would agree with you entirely. But to me that doesn't reflect what was shown.

I don't know if you remember the Bendis interview but he makes the good point where it really is unnatural to have someone blurt out "if x couldn't do this then we couldn't have went to x".

Not everything is laid bare to you.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:40 PM
DarkSaint85

The author describes it himself unless you believe he was lying or is wrong?

By allowing to restrain I mean he isn't actively trying to break out which he wasn't. He wanted Panther to feel like he had an advantage. So naturally grimacing and making noises etc is a pretty good way pf doing that.

Then show it in the comic. Otherwise, this is a prime example of:

quote:
An obscure interview given by someone involved in a story arc is not proof to refute feats. Neither is a random post by a supposed writer on a message board, blogs, tweets, etc. There have been too many of these so called interviews which go against what's shown on panel. Especially when there is no dialogue to refute what's happening on panel.

If there is dialogue from Surfer saying words to the effect of 'got ya good, T'Charlie! My act fooled even you!' (or words like that. I suck at dialogue), then sure, it refutes what's happening on panel.

Otherwise, until I see it from the comic, it's.....yeah. Completely inadmissible.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

That armbar uses your own strength against you

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:42 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Then show it in the comic. Otherwise, this is a prime example of:

If there is dialogue from Surfer saying words to the effect of 'got ya good, T'Charlie! My act fooled even you!' (or words like that. I suck at dialogue), then sure, it refutes what's happening on panel.

Otherwise, until I see it from the comic, it's.....yeah. Completely inadmissible.

That's because you are acting like media has to have in big bold writing "BREAKING NEWS SURFER WAS ONLY LETTING PANTHER HOLD HIM". (I don't mean this next sentence rudely).

The way you are debating this it's like you need to be given hints to what is happening exactly otherwise you can't know and will remain bemused as to what the answer is.

Again I said once on the topic of Sentry that when he thought Blue Marvel the lekaing Negative Zzone affected him. Which seems pretty obvious to me but not many believed it. So I ask the author and he says its correct. I didn't need proof. Its pretty natural to connect the 2.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:43 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
That armbar uses your own strength against you

Erm....no.

What happens if Surfer straightens his right elbow in that scan? Try it now. Put your right hand behind your back. What's stopping you from straightening it? The bicep of an enhanced human? Imagine you're class 100. Would that enhanced human be able to stop your class 100 tricep from straightening your arm????

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:45 PM
carver9

Originally posted by quanchi112
Glad you pointed this out so it'll stop the nonsense and those misinterpreting the scans for their own agendas. Well done, angry Scot.

"Poor reading comprehension skills." Indeed.

thumb up

I think that scene was obvious since right after that, Surfer got pissed when Stardust attacked Panther. It was obvious he allowed him to do that so that Panther would talk.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:50 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by deathslash
no expression flash alone pushed one of the female furies into infinity. Power girl has several feats that put her on par with normal Supergirl if not above. When he got serious, Val Zod manhandled an amped clone of Superman. Batman is using the miraculo pills (which put him physically on par with hour man). Do I even need to mention that not even ten seconds after stomping this team, he stomps an amped avatar of the green?

Val Zod's fights and feats do not put him anywhere near regular Superman.

Same with any of these. The only one with feats close to Surfer would be E2 Alan, and that would be a case of consistency due to him having so few feats.

If you think of any these are on Surfer's level I'd consider getting your brain checked or choosing one of them to BZ me, or any of Surfer's real fans who I'm sure would be more than delighted at the idea.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:51 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's because you are acting like media has to have in big bold writing "BREAKING NEWS SURFER WAS ONLY LETTING PANTHER HOLD HIM". (I don't mean this next sentence rudely).

The way you are debating this it's like you need to be given hints to what is happening exactly otherwise you can't know and will remain bemused as to what the answer is.

Again I said once on the topic of Sentry that when he thought Blue Marvel the lekaing Negative Zzone affected him. Which seems pretty obvious to me but not many believed it. So I ask the author and he says its correct. I didn't need proof. Its pretty natural to connect the 2.

This is gonna sound weird....but yeah, I am saying exactly that.

Because comics aren't written for battleboards. Dwayne/Hickman/Morrison et al don't care two hoots about what happened in issue #253 of Amazing Adventures, published in 1974 (actually, Morrison prob does lol). Power levels mean nothing for them, if it makes for a good story/exciting visuals.

PIS/CIS etc are all our inventions. Tierings are all of our inventions. What has happened exactly? Deathstroke has stabbed Flash. Batman has tanked WW's punches. Spiderman has defeated Firelord. A literal brick has KOd Surfer. Hulk has been choked out by a snake. Superman has been KOed by a gas station. Hyperion was KOed by an electrical socket.

My point was, using PG as some kind of low showing for DS, when he regrew his eyes pretty quickly AND then owned her, well....low showings for both sides won't be a good way to go.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:57 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

The interview isn't even necessary, just shows what happened in the comic. Much like people who don't believe Sentry wanted to die in the end of Siege.

So the Bendis interview further cements it despite it not being needed. Not everything in a comic, film, music is thrown into your face giving you the exact precise answers.

Exactly !

Scott 2 - 0 Darksaint

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:57 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

This is gonna sound weird....but yeah, I am saying exactly that.

Because comics aren't written for battleboards. Dwayne/Hickman/Morrison et al don't care two hoots about what happened in issue #253 of Amazing Adventures, published in 1974 (actually, Morrison prob does lol). Power levels mean nothing for them, if it makes for a good story/exciting visuals.

PIS/CIS etc are all our inventions. Tierings are all of our inventions. What has happened exactly? Deathstroke has stabbed Flash. Batman has tanked WW's punches. Spiderman has defeated Firelord. A literal brick has KOd Surfer. Hulk has been choked out by a snake. Superman has been KOed by a gas station. Hyperion was KOed by an electrical socket.

My point was, using PG as some kind of low showing for DS, when he regrew his eyes pretty quickly AND then owned her, well....low showings for both sides won't be a good way to go.

That was a Skyfather snake though to be fair wink

But then don't forget the normal gorilla that seemingly raped the Hulk.

===

On our discussion there isn't much more that can be said in my opinion. So I'll leave it at that.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:59 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I think that scene was obvious since right after that, Surfer got pissed when Stardust attacked Panther. It was obvious he allowed him to do that so that Panther would talk.

Strange how you allow McDuffie's word, but then....

I thought it was clear, personally, that it was just her opinion. But you seem to focus on it as if it were fact.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:02 PM
DarkSaint85

That was a Skyfather snake though to be fair wink

But then don't forget the normal gorilla that seemingly raped the Hulk.

===

On our discussion there isn't much more that can be said in my opinion. So I'll leave it at that.

Fair enough. As it stands, and whilst this may sound like me being a d!ck, I'll try and not, because it is not my intention.

But as things stand:

1. Panther armbarred Surfer, who went all 'Ahhhh!' and had gritted teeth and strained words.

2. You have an interview from McDuffie saying Surfer allowed it all.

3. Interviews are inadmissible, ESPECIALLY if there is no comic dialogue to refute what has been shown, i.e. Point 1.

As I said, not being a d!ck, not with you. But as it stands, all we have is Point 1.

--------

Back on topic, if we ARE to use low showings (PG) then sure. Let's use low showings for both sides.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:06 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Dismissed? He is struggling against a group of them before unleashing a blast while on the ropes. The rest of the Corps are battling the shadows. Then Ultraman nearly beats him silly and may have won is he allowed Superman’s help.

Struggling huh? He shrugs off combined blasts from them twice and killed several of them. He casually disintegrated Ultraman who only got his lip bloody. That's better performance than Odin did against Jane Thor or Galactus does against Thor.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-012.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-014.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-017.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-018.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/255...48-019.jpg.html

Saying Ultraman could've won is as asinine as any of your claims.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:35 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Strange how you allow McDuffie's word, but then....

I thought it was clear, personally, that it was just her opinion. But you seem to focus on it as if it were fact.

Where did I mention the interview? I said the "scene" is obvious.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 05:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then you have a scan contradicting my post, then?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:08 PM
Board Walker

Also reminds me of the time Board Walker peddled that rubbish theory that Superman tore a hole in the multiverse. I tweeted the author and he confirmed he was wrong. Didn't need the info from the author but it is there.

Wrong, child.

Superman did tear open a hole in the multiverse, as I demonstrated it was not the sun due to positioning and lighting.

On panel showings are the highest level of canon, not the words of a tweet that completely contradicts what is on panel.

That person's online tweet you are quoting is not canon, please try harder.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:11 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote