KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor vs. Steppenwolf

Thor vs. Steppenwolf
Started by: Khazra Reborn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Although it's unexpected.

Justice League did better than Avangers 2.

Avangers 2 was a "failure" for marvel.

Not that the movie itself it's a failure/bad but that IT WAS WAY BELOW WHAT WAS EXPECTED.

Age of Ultron was bad in comparsion to it's first movie!

In contrast Justice League was an unexpected success for DC.

The movie is MAGNIFICENT in comparison to the other Failures of DCEU!

So having said that, Age of Ultron is terrible whilst JL is great in their own Universes.

Now yes, JL had it's bad sides but overall it was a great movie considering DCEU's standards!

I would definetly put JL above Age of Ultron.

Not good enough to go against the big MCU's success that's for sure.

Err... that's not how you measure a movie's success. Basically what you're saying is that JL is better than BvS but Avengers 2 is worse than Avengers 1.

That does not automatically mean that JL is better than Avengers 2.

I mean, AoU has better scores than JL for pretty much any metric out there, from Rottentomatoes to Metacritic to opening BO numbers.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:13 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
Err... that's not how you measure a movie's success. Basically what you're saying is that JL is better than BvS but Avengers 2 is worse than Avengers 1.

Or another way.

Just because JL(punched in the face) is better than BvS(beat to death) and Avengers 2(Dodge Viper) is worse than Avengers 1(1,000,000 dollars) doesn't mean that being punched in the face is better than a Dodge Viper.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:17 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Are you seriously suggesting that the size of the lightning suggests what's powerful?

Just because it was lightning doesn't mean Thor can do it.

When Thor can beat villains in his own movie, maybe you should start suggesting he can beat a team villain.

He only shattered the crystals. How's Aether more powerful than mother boxes?

For Thor it definitely does based on Ragnarok and we saw what power minor strikes of his can do.

No, Thor will do far better because he has actual feats that are far superior.

He shattered the Aether, a random unquantifiable feat that resulted in a large explosion due to the separation. Sound familiar? Like Zeus and the Motherboxes except far more powerful. The Aether is Universal in power, infinitely superior to the Motherboxes.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:40 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Estacado
JL wasnt a bad movie at all it was certainly better then Age Of Ultron...
**** no it wasn't better than Age of Ultron. It was better than Batman v. Superman and Suicide Squad.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:46 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Silent Master
How would you rate it in comparison to the first Avengers movie?

Better than BvS

Watched it twice. Prolly give somewhere just below a 7.

A1 is miles ahead. Top 5 for me in mcu.

AoU was not as good as A1, but it was certainly better than JL. Easily..

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:46 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
That's harsh.

The movie wasn't bad.
I didn't say it was bad but making under 100 million with the enormous budget and buildup shows it was clearly rejected. If you notice even the most fanatical DC fans don't say this film was great. No one says it was great because it wasn't.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

To that I agree. All things considered, the fact that it got trashed by a large majority of reviews and it probably will not surpass a billion worldwide(or at least have trouble reaching), it is a huge dissapointment considering it's DCEU's version of Avengers.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Did better than Avengers 2 in what way?

I already said why.

Originally posted by KingD19
What kind of idiocy is that? I'm sorry man but that's just dumb.

Even if AoU was lower than what Marvel usually prides itself on, it was still one of the biggest sellers of the year and biggest movies of it's kind, period. It had a great plot, great action, great characters with fleshed out histories and motivations, etc...

Justice League literally slapped a bunch of people on a movie and rushed it to the end so Superman could come back. And just how AoU was lower than Marvel wanted, but still amazing. JL was better than DC wanted, but is still not great.

Dumb!? Bahahahaha. Lol if YOU SAY SO!!!

Big seller because everyone wanted to see the MASS SUCCESS Avangers 1 sequel! Doesn't mean the movie was a good one! Just because a movie makes a lot of money doesn' t make it a good movie dude!

It was a sloppy movie! It was a mediocre thing not worthy of being an Avangers sequel. It wasn't a proper movie! IT'S AVANGERS! It was supposed to be better than other MCU movies! It wasn't!

Whether you like it or not Justice League was a great movie compared to it's predecessors!

That's why it's better than AoU! AoU was a bad movie!

Justice League besides being founded on TERREBLE MOVIES (BvS, MoS, etc) manage to give a good film! That's why i put it on top of AoU which is quite the opposite!!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:53 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Opinions vary but the obvious rejection here is Justice League. It didn't make 100 million and has glaring flaws. The best I hear is good at times but bad at times. It's mediocre while Avengers 2 to me wasn't as great as Avengers 1 but still well above mediocrity which is the dceu save WW.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:56 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I mean, AoU has better scores than JL for pretty much any metric out there, from Rottentomatoes to Metacritic to opening BO numbers.

I agree.

If we compare directly AoU with JL according to the Critics.

I agree Marvel AoU is a better film overall, and the critics do to

But if we compare the two movies BASED on the audiences and the overall MCU/DCEU universe, JL is above.

Even the Rotten Tomatoes Audiences agree"

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/

Audience score: 85

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron

Audience score: 83

IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.4 rating based on audience)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.5 rating based on audience)

As you can see, the audiences liked JL better.

I'll tell you why:

Because JL is a jewel compared to the other shitty DCEU movies whilst AOU is horrific compared to the MCU predecesssors.

It's clear!

If you watch a good movie, and then you go and watch it's sequel you are expecting for the movie to be better or atleast as good as the previous one!

So your expectations are high! So in that aspect, if the movie fails to be as good or better than the previous one it DISAPPOINTS.

On the other hand, if the previous movies are shitty, and then you go and watch something different, your expectations were exceeded.

It's basic psychology!

I would rather go an see JL again than go and see AoU! Even after me being a Marvel Fan!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:03 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by quanchi112
Opinions vary but the obvious rejection here is Justice League. It didn't make 100 million and has glaring flaws. The best I hear is good at times but bad at times. It's mediocre while Avengers 2 to me wasn't as great as Avengers 1 but still well above mediocrity which is the dceu save WW.

Nahh JL was a good movie man.

Look at Man of Steel or BVS! Those were horrendous films!

Let's admit DCEU finally got something right!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:04 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

JL satisfied more than AoU!

Maybe that's how we should put it.

Not that it's a better film over all, but it satisfied the Audiences more than AoU.

AoU was a disappointment, whilst no one expected JL to be that good.

From the trailers and previous movies I was like....This movie is gonna be a waste of time and money!

But lets admit, we did laugh when Flash felt over WW!

DC finally got a decent movie.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:06 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
To that I agree. All things considered, the fact that it got trashed by a large majority of reviews and it probably will not surpass a billion worldwide(or at least have trouble reaching), it is a huge dissapointment considering it's DCEU's version of Avengers.

I disagree.

It wasn't a "good counterpart of Avangers"

But it was quite better than we anticipated. It was a decent movie.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:08 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nahh JL was a good movie man.

Look at Man of Steel or BVS! Those were horrendous films!

Let's admit DCEU finally got something right!
Iyo and it was ok at best. It wasn't great. It was better than Batman v. Superman, Man of Steel, and Suicide Squad. WW was done right as well. That's the best dceu film though this had better action than WW.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:08 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

I agree.

If we compare directly AoU with JL according to the Critics.

I agree Marvel AoU is a better film overall, and the critics do to

But if we compare the two movies BASED on the audiences and the overall MCU/DCEU universe, JL is above.

Even the Rotten Tomatoes Audiences agree"

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justice_league_2017/

Audience score: 85

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_age_of_ultron

Audience score: 83

IMDb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.4 rating based on audience)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395427/?ref_=nv_sr_1 (7.5 rating based on audience)

As you can see, the audiences liked JL better.

I'll tell you why:

Because JL is a jewel compared to the other shitty DCEU movies whilst AOU is horrific compared to the MCU predecesssors.

It's clear!

If you watch a good movie, and then you go and watch it's sequel you are expecting for the movie to be better or atleast as good as the previous one!

So your expectations are high! So in that aspect, if the movie fails to be as good or better than the previous one it DISAPPOINTS.

On the other hand, if the previous movies are shitty, and then you go and watch something different, your expectations were exceeded.

It's basic psychology!

I would rather go an see JL again than go and see AoU! Even after me being a Marvel Fan!

JL has been out for all of 4 days. Do you really think those audience scores are accurate?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:09 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

JL has been out for all of 4 days. Do you really think those audience scores are accurate?

They may change. But until now JL is making a better film for the audiences.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:10 PM
Silent Master

If the general audience likes it so much, why is it opening at below 100 million?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The world has rejected the Justice league. Less than a 100 million is embarrassing considering the buildup and the budget. Cringe worthy.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:19 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

If the general audience likes it so much, why is it opening at below 100 million?

Perhaps because it's predecessors were so terrible people thought it was a waste of time.

I wasn't planning to go an see it, but then my friends told me how good was it, so i said, "well lets go and see if DCEU finally did something good".

To my surprise it was better than expected. That you have to admit.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:25 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by quanchi112
The world has rejected the Justice league. Less than a 100 million is embarrassing considering the buildup and the budget. Cringe worthy.

Lets wait and see.

News are spreading of it being a good movie.

It's too soon to call it an economic failure.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:26 PM