KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » DC Villains vs. Marvel Villains

DC Villains vs. Marvel Villains
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Ares was weak and he was killed because of this. He was too weak to oppose mankind directly. He even says so to WW.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:56 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Ares was killed by Love, and because Zeus created her specifically to kill him.

That's why Diana stole the sword, she believed the lie her mom told her all her life, that the sword was the weapon designed to kill Ares.

She only learn the truth cause Ares told her.

Makes no sense.

Diana had issues going against Steppenwolf who is arguably stronger than Ares yet inferior to Hela.

Steppenwolf would defeat Ares. Hela would defeat both Steppenwolf and Ares.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:57 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by SquallX
Ares was killed by Love, and because Zeus created her specifically to kill him.

That's why Diana stole the sword, she believed the lie her mom told her all her life, that the sword was the weapon designed to kill Ares.

She only learn the truth cause Ares told her.

Looked like lightning to me.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 09:58 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Psychotron
DC.

I don't see anyone taking out DD.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 10:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Ares invincible? What....?
thumb up

I wasn't clear on that: I meant for both Hela and Ares you have the "only character 'x' can kill them" plot device (Surtur to destroy Asgard to beat Hela, Wonder Woman for Ares). I meant to avoid the no-limits fallacy, can traditional opponents put them down with enough force and without abovementioned plot device?

My vote goes to the Marvel villain team going by the thought that yes, all these characters can be incapacitated by each other's traditional attacks and won't be killed only by the walking plot device characters that defeated them in their respective villainous roles.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:06 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I wasn't clear on that: I meant for both Hela and Ares you have the "only character 'x' can kill them" plot device (Surtur to destroy Asgard to beat Hela, Wonder Woman for Ares). I meant to avoid the no-limits fallacy, can traditional opponents put them down with enough force and without abovementioned plot device?

My vote goes to the Marvel villain team going by the thought that yes, all these characters can be incapacitated by each other's traditional attacks and won't be killed only by the walking plot device characters that defeated them in their respective villainous roles.

That's not true. They aren't "invincible".

Both Ares and Hela could be killed without those plot devices. I don't know where you got that...

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:14 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

The only reason it required WW is because she was the only super powered person around at the time. By feats, it just required a little lightning.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:27 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

That's not true. They aren't "invincible".

Both Ares and Hela could be killed without those plot devices. I don't know where you got that...
Originally posted by Silent Master
The only reason it required WW is because she was the only super powered person around at the time. By feats, it just required a little lightning.

Copy that on both accounts.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:32 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Copy that on both accounts.

?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:43 PM
John Murdoch

^Admitting I was wrong on the whole "plot device invincibility" thing for Hela and Ares. I was mistaken. Thanks to you and Silent for correcting me. thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:46 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

^Admitting I was wrong on the whole "plot device invincibility" thing for Hela and Ares. I was mistaken. Thanks to you and Silent for correcting me. thumb up

Oh. Okay. NP. You are welcome.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:55 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 07:50 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 07:48 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by carthage
Magneto oneshots Faora, Steppenwolf, Ares, and Zod if they're armored Hela and Apoc rape with sword spam and TK. Ultron, Loki, and Ronan are meatnshields

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 07:50 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Apoc is the single biggest threat here. Honestly, I think he can solo. He will have to bfr Doomsday though.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 08:19 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote