KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » SSJ2 "Teen" Gohan vs. SPC, FP Bojack and Dabura

SSJ2 "Teen" Gohan vs. SPC, FP Bojack and Dabura
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And Trunks had that upgraded SSJ2 form, didn't he? Or he unlocked it afterwards?

Anyway, not sure it counts - I mean, technically it was an alternate future version of Dabura...

Completely forgot about that scene.

Manga, I assume? Since he never really goes SSJ2 in the anime.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 08:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Galan007
Don't know why some of you guys are acting like Dabra's spit is the deciding factor here..?

I mean, it didn't give Dabra any sort of advantage against Boo-era Gohan, after all, so why would it give him the edge against a FAR more powerful version of Gohan? As long as he's at least mindful of his surroundings, the spit would NEVER touch him.

Because it's 3 on 1?

And seeing as how he only survived it because it conveniently hit his glove last time, it's hardly unthinkable that it would touch him.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:06 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

And Trunks had that upgraded SSJ2 form, didn't he? Or he unlocked it afterwards?
Future Trunks stomped future Dabra easily after he went SSJ2:
https://i.imgur.com/IgvQUJb.png
https://i.imgur.com/aVWYy0k.png
https://i.imgur.com/HWwHArp.png

Anyway, not sure it counts - I mean, technically it was an alternate future version of Dabura...
Exactly.

That was an ALTERNATE timeline, and therefore an ALTERNATE version of Dabra. And we know, for a fact, that all things are NOT created equal in future Trunks' timeline.

For starters, Androids #17 and #18 were FAR stronger in the mainstream timeline than they were in Trunks' timeline:
https://i.imgur.com/lJeg8vC.jpg

And there are other differences as well -- like in future Trunks' timeline, Androids #16, #19, and #20 didn't even exist:
https://i.imgur.com/Zabuv0h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SAKFiD7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OzfrnqY.jpg

IOW, ABC logic doesn't exactly work here...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:14 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Damborgson
Because it's 3 on 1?
It doesn't work that way in DBZ. It could be 100 on 1 -- numbers count for nothing if you're significantly weaker than your opponent.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Looking back at it now, can't think of a reason why Cell never used Kaioken, other than the writers forgetting it existed at that point. Initially, the consensus was that it became obsolete once someone reached SSJ level of power, but turns out it wasn't used by Goku anymore because it would've been too much strain on top of his SSJ forms, up until Blue at least where he got better ki control.

Okay, but Cell didn't really have that excuse for not ever using it, especially when he went for broke and used that power weighted form Trunks used at the expense of his speed, when he would've been better off using Kaioken despite the stamina risk. smh

SPC Kaioken on top of that would've been phenomenal at the time. I hate Dragon Ball's writing sometimes, not just with Super.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 09:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

Only read it once when the scans leaked but I remember trunks only killed dabura once Shin interfered

And trunks used a ki shield for the spit something gohan didn't have

No reason to assume dabura was different or that 16 age 20 didn't exist, the zfighters expecting the androids made all that play out differently but besides all that unless gohan can one shot all 3 I don't see him pulling the majority, goku
Or vegeta? Yeah but gohan trash

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:26 PM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Galan007
It doesn't work that way in DBZ. It could be 100 on 1 -- numbers count for nothing if you're significantly weaker than your opponent.

And the group includes SPC , who is close enough to make a difference,

Spit landing on Gohan is easily possible. Especially with Dabura liking to get up close and personal.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:46 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Looking back at it now, can't think of a reason why Cell never used Kaioken, other than the writers forgetting it existed at that point. Initially, the consensus was that it became obsolete once someone reached SSJ level of power, but turns out it wasn't used by Goku anymore because it would've been too much strain on top of his SSJ forms, up until Blue at least where he got better ki control.

Okay, but Cell didn't really have that excuse for not ever using it, especially when he went for broke and used that power weighted form Trunks used at the expense of his speed, when he would've been better off using Kaioken despite the stamina risk. smh

SPC Kaioken on top of that would've been phenomenal at the time. I hate Dragon Ball's writing sometimes, not just with Super.
Yeah, I'm with you there: writers did NOT want to start stacking power-multipliers at the time. After all, KK multipliers would have skyrocketed these characters into levels of power beyond what even SSJ transformations were capable of.

Hell, even if SPC were only able to use KK x4, it would have still put him on par with SSJ3-levels of power. Can you imagine him using KK x10... or better yet, KK x20..?

F*ck.Me. eek!

Originally posted by TheBadguy
Only read it once when the scans leaked but I remember trunks only killed dabura once Shin interfered

And trunks used a ki shield for the spit something gohan didn't have

No reason to assume dabura was different or that 16 age 20 didn't exist, the zfighters expecting the androids made all that play out differently but besides all that unless gohan can one shot all 3 I don't see him pulling the majority, goku
Or vegeta? Yeah but gohan trash
As evident by the scans I posted, SSJ2 Trunks did NOT 'need' Shin to interfere. He was utterly destroying Dabra with minimal effort beforehand. Shin simply used his 'freeze' technique to minimize the energy expenditure on the field so that Trunks could one-shot Dabra in the very next frame, instead of prolonging the battle any further. Remember, they were trying to prevent Boo from hatching in that flashback scene, and the absorption of ambient energy(ala Babidi's Majin-minions) is what freed him. The longer their battle lasted, the more likely/imminent Boo's hatching became... And if Boo were released, future Trunks and his timeline were f*cked.

No need to make excuses, lol. Alternate timelines = alternate characters. Unless otherwise specified by the thread starter/OP, they are NOT interchangeable by any stretch of the imagination.

And the group includes SPC , who is close enough to make a difference,

Spit landing on Gohan is easily possible. Especially with Dabura liking to get up close and personal.
SPC being close to SSJ2 Gohan's level is a matter of opinion, tbh. Personally, I think Gohan was still substantially more powerful. /shrug

As for the others, it's like I said: they're not powerful enough to make a difference here, as they are both at/around Perfect Cell-level... A serious Gohan could likely two-shot each of them with physical attacks; or one-shot each of them with ki blasts.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 01:59 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:53 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And the group includes SPC , who

Got beat by SS2 Gohan operating at 50%.

That'd make him the weakest of the group, according to Galan's mathematics

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 07:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol. It goes without saying that Gohan dug extra deep when he released the final Kamehameha that killed SPC... That said, the fact that Gohan was still able to achieve power of that magnitude IS quite staggering, given how injured/weakened he was.

And it is also worth noting that Gohan had been intentionally holding back during the beam-lock beforehand, because he was worried about destroying the earth:
https://i.imgur.com/th73tkv.jpg

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 08:11 PM
TheBadguy

Gohan wasn't gonna win that without vegeta cheating

Your move lmao

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 12:55 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Bringing up SPC being stunned by a blast from an EXHAUSTED, BASE-level Vegeta, doesn't exactly help your case.

...Just saying. wink

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 01:04 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Anime scene made much more sense.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 10:29 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Anime scene was so much better. And utterly epic.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 07:26 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, by far. thumb up

Might even be my favorite scene in the anime, period.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 09:17 PM