KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DoJ investigating Harvard over Affirmative Action policies

DoJ investigating Harvard over Affirmative Action policies
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
What the f*ck did you just f*cking say about me, you little b*tch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in guerrilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the f*ck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my f*cking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, f*cker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re f*cking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your f*cking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re f*cking dead, kiddo.

Delta Delta Mike, coordinates acquired.

Strike team in position

Send pass code

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 10:55 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

I forgot most of you won't have passports... The only way you can travel the world is if you join up.

That said, of course, it is completely true most Americans will not admit to being Americans if asked even in places like Egypt if alone.

It is a funny state of affairs the fear the actions of your Government have put individuals under and I do understand why you would all want to make light of it.

It can't be much fun to have a big target painted on you due to stupid actions in the name of monetary gain.

You can try and deny this all you like, but why not put your money where your mouths are come out and visit me as Americans... Say the things you say online about Islam etc and we'll go to say Nigeria or Sudan for you to say them.

I know a lot of good Americans who work for me who often won't admit to being Americans and they have passports.

You may not like it and it may not fit with your worldview, but the reason your Embassies have to have so much security is the same reason many Americans won't travel.

For some reason Brits behave differently and are treated differently, don't ask me why, we don't deserve the historical respect we get as individuals in any nation either.

It is how it is...

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:24 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:21 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol Steve did your government pull some MK Ultra type shit on you bro?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Lol Steve did your government pull some MK Ultra type shit on you bro?
No, I just have a passport and decided to show people in regions where they don't like westerners much not all of us are scared of them or hate them or want to kill them. It's always a risk to go to people in friendship hoping you can help change things through mutual understanding and diplomacy, but like I said, why would most people want to kill someone they have not met... (Usually because of the acts of their Government and Military). Oh, that was me paraphrasing the great Muhammad Ali about why he wouldn't join up for Vietnam but would fight anyone in the ring as an individual. Words to live by.

But then, I'm neither nationalistic or patriotic.

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:32 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
No, I just have a passport and decided to show people in regions where they don't like westerners much not all of us are scared of them or hate them or want to kill them. It's always a risk to go to people in friendship hoping you can help change things through mutual understanding and diplomacy, but like I said, why would most people want to kill someone they have not met... Oh, that was me paraphrasing the great Muhammad Ali about why he wouldn't join up for Vietnam but would fight anyone in the ring as an individual. Words to live by.

Interesting. Did you ever ask any of them why they follow such an awful religion? Get back to me with their answers, I'd be curious to know.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

No, I just have a passport and decided to show people in regions where they don't like westerners much not all of us are scared of them or hate them or want to kill them. It's always a risk to go to people in friendship hoping you can help change things through mutual understanding and diplomacy, but like I said, why would most people want to kill someone they have not met... (Usually because of the acts of their Government and Military). Oh, that was me paraphrasing the great Muhammad Ali about why he wouldn't join up for Vietnam but would fight anyone in the ring as an individual. Words to live by.

But then, I'm neither nationalistic or patriotic.

The people to look out for are the kind of people we'd mutually hate, imo.

For example, I think anyone regardless of race agrees if you're not a skinhead or a blood, you're probably not going to get along too well with them..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:43 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting. Did you ever ask any of them why they follow such an awful religion? Get back to me with their answers, I'd be curious to know.
Now there is a true keyboard warrior and every internet comment like that creates the climate of hate many people hold in their hearts and reinforces poor opinions fo the west and America in particular and could potentially lead to another incident like the guy getting chopped up for being an American in Niger. Which was incredibly sad. It also leads to wars like the one that was lost in Afghanistan by America and Britain where nothing was gained and now the Taliban are again part of the future Government process as they were before the intervention. Nothing was gained for the west except dead Yanks and Brits.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:44 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
The people to look out for are the kind of people we'd mutually hate, imo.

For example, I think anyone regardless of race agrees if you're not a skinhead or a blood, you're probably not going to get along too well with them..
And for most of them, Education might have changed how they think... We kind of leads us back to the start of the thread I guess.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now there is a true keyboard warrior and every internet comment like that creates the climate of hate many people hold in their hearts and reinforces poor opinions fo the west and America in particular and could potentially lead to another incident like the guy getting chopped up for being an American in Niger. Which was incredibly sad. It also leads to wars like the one that was lost in Afghanistan by America and Britain where nothing was gained and now the Taliban are again part of the future Government process as they were before the intervention. Nothing was gained for the west except dead Yanks and Brits.

No, the keyboard warrior is the one going "come meet me in the Sudan" lol.

And comments like that lead to an american getting chopped up? Nothing else? The horror that is Islam played no part?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:48 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, the keyboard warrior is the one going "come meet me in the Sudan" lol.

And comments like that lead to an american getting chopped up? Nothing else? The horror that is Islam played no part?

No, a true Keyboard Warrior propagates hate on the internet. I propagate peace but am unafraid of the "different" in real life and yes come and say that about a relligion I am not part of but certainly don't see as evil in the Sudan. See what happens to you. Like I say you guys can all spew your hate and bile online and yes it does lead to a world climate where your countrymen who have good intentions do have targets on their backs. You and your jingoistic little group of hate speakers won't understand a word I have just said. But hey ho, you don't have passports and you are not your brave countrymen you will put at risk.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, a true Keyboard Warrior propagates hate on the internet. I propagate peace but am unafraid of the "different" in real life and yes come and say that about a relligion I am not part of but certainly don't see as evil in the Sudan. See what happens to you. Like I say you guys can all spew your hate and bile online and yes it does lead to a world climate where your countrymen who have good intentions do have targets on their backs. You and your jingoistic little group of hate speakers won't understand a word I have just said. But hey ho, you don't have passports and you are not your brave countrymen you will put at risk.

Lol Steve by all means, enlighten us all. What would happen if I went there and told them Muhammad was a piece of shit? What would they do?

Go on, describe the way these friendly people would react.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:59 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol Steve by all means, enlighten us all. What would happen if I went there and told them Muhammad was a piece of shit? What would they do?

Go on, describe the way these friendly people would react.

I don't think I have to my brave little keyboard hatemonger, but what you fail to understand is how core to their lives their religion is. You are attributing your culture to someone else's and you seem to think your brave military will change this culture... No, bombs and guns like I said just made the west lose in Afghanistan as bad as the Russians did and the Taliban are back around the negotiating table. By going into someone else's country for spurious reasons and costing billions and hundreds of lives and then leaving with our tails between our legs we can see your way doesn't work. Like I said you'll never understand because you have never had occupying forces to hate and don't have the imagination or passport to understand what kind of climate that would create as a breeding ground for radicalism, But keep it up, you might be radicalising someone who will kill a westerner now! Good job thumb up (but really not) thumb down

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 12:15 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think I have to my brave little keyboard hatemonger, but what you fail to understand is how core to their lives their religion is. You are attributing your culture to someone else's and you seem to think your brave military will change this culture... No, bombs and guns like I said just made the west lose in Afghanistan as bad as the Russians did and the Taliban are back around the negotiating table. By going into someone else's country for spurious reasons and costing billions and hundreds of lives and then leaving with our tails between our legs we can see your way doesn't work. Like I said you'll never understand because you have never had occupying forces to hate and don't have the imagination or passport to understand what kind of climate that would create as a breeding ground for radicalism, But keep it up, you might be radicalising someone who will kill a westerner now! Good job thumb up (but really not) thumb down

So, the little savages would react violently. You know it, I know it. Make whatever excuse you want.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 12:21 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

You didn’t answer Surtur’s question.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 07:07 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

So how would you have responded to 9/11?

Also, there have been some improvements made in Afghanistan since the Taliban lost a good amount of control and prominence.

quote:
Education

(please log in to view the image)

The education system in Afghanistan is regarded as one of the country's biggest success stories since the Taliban were driven from power.

In 2001 no girls attended formal schools and there were only one million boys enrolled. By 2012 the World Bank says there were 7.8 million pupils attending school - including about 2.9 million girls.

However, many schools are still operating from tents, houses and under trees. The World Bank says of 180,000 teachers, only 52% meet the minimum standards required and the rest are receiving in-service training.

Girls' dropout rates are still very high in secondary schools and the country's adult literacy rate, 39% over the age of 15 can read and write, is one of the lowest in the world.

quote:

Women

The position of women in Afghanistan has begun to improve. Under the Taliban they were barred from attending school and going out to work. Latest figures from the World Bank say 36% of girls are now enrolled in school - although many do not complete their secondary education and figures from 2007 suggest 52% of women were married by the age of 20.

Literacy among female adults is still very low - although official statistics are hard to come by. A report by the Central Statistsics Organisation/Unicef reported a literacy rate of 22.2% among women aged 15-24 in 2010/11.
Some women have begun to forge careers for themselves.

More than a quarter of parliament and government employees are now women, according to charity Islamic Relief. A survey by the Central Statistics Oranisation (CSO) in 2009 found women were being employed by government at a much faster rate than men. If the female growth rate continued, the share of female employees would be more than 40% by 2020.

Women are now also employed in the police and army. British officers have helped to establish a military training academy that aims to train 100 female army officers per year.

Despite the advances, violence against women is still a problem, with beatings, forced marriage and lack of economic support being listed as the top three offences reported by the CSO in 2010. Although the number of cases appears to be going down, the report also notes a new form of violence - prevention of women from taking part in social activities.

quote:
Poverty

The United Nations and its humanitarian partners are seeking US$406 million to provide five million people with essential, life-saving aid in 2014.
Afghanistan has one of the world's largest repatriated populations. Almost six million refugees have now returned home since the Taliban were ousted - and the UNHCR estimates just under two million of these still require support.
About 600,000 people are still recognised as internally displaced - most of them in the south and west of the country.

The proportion of the population of Afghanistan in poverty is estimated at 36% - although it varies from a relatively low 29% in urban areas to 36% in rural areas and 54% among the country's nomadic or Kuchi population.
In 2010 Afghanistan had the lowest gross national income per head of population among the developing countries in Asia, well below Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

According to the CIA World Factbook, 78.6% of Afghanistan's population is employed in agriculture. In 2008 the unemployment rate was estimated to be 35%.

The number of people with access to the internet is now 5.5% - although many more people have access to mobile phones. The CIA World Factbook estimated there were 18 million mobile phones in circulation in the country in 2012.

quote:
Health

There have been big improvements in the country's health system.
Life expectancy has increased slightly from 56 to 60 years. But there have been big improvements in the under-five mortality rate and the maternal mortality rates.

According to the UN, access to safe drinking water improved from 4.8% of the population to 60.6% by 2011. Access to better sanitation, including private rather than shared toilets, has also improved to an average 37%. But the averages again mask big differences between urban and rural areas, with much less improvement in rural areas.

Vaccination campaigns continue to work towards the elimination of polio in Afghanistan, one of the last remaining countries where the disease remains endemic. In 2013 there were 14 reported cases, down from 37 in 2012.

quote:
Economy

Afghanistan's biggest export is still opium - despite attempts to persuade farmers to diversify. 2013 was a record year and the country produces 90% of the world's opium.

The high sale price of opium makes it difficult for farmers to resist. They also say promises to provide high-quality seeds and fertiliser have not been kept.

Other exports include fruit and nuts, handwoven carpets and wool.

Imports include machinery, food, textiles and petroleum products.

Afghanistan is said to have rich mineral reserves, including natural gas, which have not been exploited due to the political situation in the country.

It has one of the lowest rates of energy usage in the world. According to the World Bank only 28% of its population is connected to the national power grid and the service is unreliable. People in urban areas are more likely to be connected than the rural population.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26747712

Far from perfect but also not exactly a complete disaster, considering the challenge we are up against in this region.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:11 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

It's not strange really because it's interesting, London, for example, has seen the murder rate drop from around 300 a year to 100 a year in the last 30 years due to gentrification. South America and South African (where I visit regularly) with always be more dangerous than most other industrialised places. Countries where foreigners are rarely seen like Somalia and Nigeria (where I lived for a while are a particular danger for non-natives). Americans like to make out they are tough because they have a lot of loonies and no gun control. Yes, it makes America dangerous anyone can get a gun on any street corner. But most Americans don't have a passport and when they are involved in military conflicts outnumber and outmatch the opponents so the risk is minimised (this is true for Britain in military conflicts also). So the point I am making still stands being in a war zone with air support and a military machine, isn't necessarily a choice for everyone in Education and doesn't necessarily make you Rambo either. I have some lovely Americans working for me, some ex-military, it doesn't mean I don't tell them I think western military interference from the US and Europe isn't the biggest problem to stability, it created most of the problems we face now. And as to how this started, I think someone accused people posting against the military of being armchair warriors, I find it funny when people who have either had a platoon behind them or never visited dangerous places, try and belittle those who live in them and try to show every day not every westerner is a bigoted fool and do so at their own risk.
Most reasonable Americans are not proud of our murder rates. Only ghetto trash tend to celebrate that sort of thing. I'm glad the country I live in is safer than ****in El Salvador. And I have no desire to go to El Salvador anytime soon.

You seem like you're saying you go to these other countries on some sort of moral crusade... to show them that not all westerners are bad. But it's patently obvious you fancy yourself something of a badass and just like to brag about going to dangerous places. Which is fine.... if that happens to be your hobby. But don't bullshit a bullshitter.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:40 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
So how would you have responded to 9/11?

Also, there have been some improvements made in Afghanistan since the Taliban lost a good amount of control and prominence.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26747712

Far from perfect but also not exactly a complete disaster, considering the challenge we are up against in this region.

How much of this is directly or indirectly attributable to UN, NATO, and American military interests and how much of it was just the natural modernization of Afghanistan, which was already underway to improvements before we started invading Afghanistan, as your data shows?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:50 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by dadudemon
How much of this is directly or indirectly attributable to UN, NATO, and American military interests and how much of it was just the natural modernization of Afghanistan, which was already underway to improvements before we started invading Afghanistan, as your data shows?
I don't tend to think that Afghanistan under Taliban rule was on the path to modernization. Rather, they had taken a few steps backward.

We are all aware that the first time we got "involved" in Afghanistan was during the Soviet invasion. We typically like to portray that story as we funded righteous freedom fighters to expel an unjust Soviet invasion. In fact, Afghanistan was currently ruled by a communist govt that was allied with the Soviets. Islamic and nationalist elements began terrorizing that government with guerilla attacks because of their socialist policies, including in part letting women go to school. In response, the communist Afghan govt requested the Soviets invade to reinstall order in the country.

After the Soviets fled, Afghanistan devolved into a sort of chaotic state ruled over by warlords, eventually succumbing to Taliban rule and with that a sort of ragtag Islamic theocracy.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Nov 27th, 2017 at 03:18 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 03:16 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I don't tend to think that Afghanistan under Taliban rule was on the path to modernization. Rather, they had taken a few steps backward.

You are most certainly free to think what you would like because that's just wonderful.

But as your own post shows, they were already on an upward trend. The data does not fit your narrative. Looks like Afghanistan didn't need the USA's "freedom", eh?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:07 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You didn’t answer Surtur’s question.

Indeed, and there is my problem. I am being asked to have empathy for people who would attack and/or kill me for the crime of...calling their shitty religion shitty. Those are not people that deserve to be saved or understood. Belief is not an excuse, you do not get a pass because you're flipping out over some belief as opposed to anything else. You're a still a piece of utter shit for doing it, I don't care how large a role your abhorrent religion plays. The fact religion is so core to their lives isn't the problem, it's that ISLAM is core to their lives.

Some extremist jainists would not be problematic.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 09:04 PM