KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » DCEU Flash vs CW Flash

DCEU Flash vs CW Flash
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

DCEU Flash vs CW Flash

DCEU Flash, as of Justice League, vs CW Flash, as of the latest season of the show.

In character, but PIS is off.

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 03:15 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Justice League Flash hasn't even shown the ability to time travel as of yet which makes him an inferior speedster; CW Barry wins by default

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:18 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

CW Flash beats the crap out of DCEU Flash. CW Barry is a veteran of multiple battles. DCEU Flash still trips over his feat and freezes in the face of a huge battle.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:22 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

CW Flash phases through DCEU Flash and splodes him

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:25 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

From what I heard CW Barry bitchslaps JL Barry. From a die hard DC fanboy friend of mine whose seen JL ""JL Barry is like twice as fast as CW Barry, but his jobbing and stupidity is like 2000 times worse than CW Barry""".
If what he told is true I can't imagine how ridiculously stupid he must bw

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 05:41 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
From what I heard CW Barry bitchslaps JL Barry. From a die hard DC fanboy friend of mine whose seen JL ""JL Barry is like twice as fast as CW Barry, but his jobbing and stupidity is like 2000 times worse than CW Barry""".
If what he told is true I can't imagine how ridiculously stupid he must bw

I don't know how your friend got the "JL Barry is twice as fast as CW Barry". There's no real metric in place to tell us how fast JL Barry is.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 06:16 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
jobbing and stupidity is like 2000 times worse than CW Barry"
Jesus, is it impossible for someone to write Barry without making him job?

PWNT

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

due to flashpoint, the one true flash is cw flash

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 10:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

CW Flash Ultra Stomps.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:00 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Sure there was rumor they were gonna do a crossover of the CW and DCEU flashes but I doubt that very much

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 11:15 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by FrothByte
I don't know how your friend got the "JL Barry is twice as fast as CW Barry". There's no real metric in place to tell us how fast JL Barry is.

Well, there are a few ways people with a lot of time on their hands could potentially calculate his speed. For example, during the scene when they fight under the harbour, in that giant tunnel/cylindrical area. Someone could try and work out the size of the dome, and work out how much distance Barry travels in relation to, for example, dead Parademons dropping around him via gravity (similar to how some people used the dropping bodies in GotG vol 2 to calculate Yondu's arrow speed during the breakout scene with Rocket and Groot). Or in the initial Bruce/Barry scene, where he throws the batarang, see if it is possible to scale the distance actor-wise and using objects around them, and from there try and see how much distance the batarang covered in real-time, and then in Flash-time, and how long it all took.

But yeah, none of those are exactly straightforward, and will likely require some estimations and such. Which is why I am WAY too lazy to try it myself.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by relentless1
Justice League Flash hasn't even shown the ability to time travel as of yet which makes him an inferior speedster; CW Barry wins by default

CW Flash Time Travel doesn't require you to be that fast - certainly under SoL, so it's a relatively meaningless inference on speed. Last I checked, CW Flash's on-screen fastest stated speed was around Mach 13.

Most importantly, JL Flash has shown the ability to time travel - in Batman v Superman.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 07:57 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Placidity
CW Flash Time Travel doesn't require you to be that fast - certainly under SoL, so it's a relatively meaningless inference on speed. Last I checked, CW Flash's on-screen fastest stated speed was around Mach 13.

Most importantly, JL Flash has shown the ability to time travel - in Batman v Superman.

Mach 13.2 was from S2 IIRC. And S4 Barry has explicitly been stated as being much faster than ever before, and is currently the fastest known speedster in the CW DC verse. For example, while it is not a direct speed number, Caitlin remarked that S4 Barry's brain was running 5 times faster than it had previously, which would have been end of S3. And in S4, he has done things like catch all the individual pieces of shrapnel from a grenade before any of it could travel more than a few feet, which a guy on Youtube calculated would require a speed of just under Mach 70. Which, funnily enough, is close to what you get when you take the Mach 13.2 from S2 and multiply it by 5 (how much faster his brain apparently is).

As to time-traveling, that could be a more experienced Flash from the future who did that in BvS. Not that I think time travel has much relevance to the fight.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:52 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Mach 13.2 was from S2 IIRC. And S4 Barry has explicitly been stated as being much faster than ever before, and is currently the fastest known speedster in the CW DC verse. For example, while it is not a direct speed number, Caitlin remarked that S4 Barry's brain was running 5 times faster than it had previously, which would have been end of S3. And in S4, he has done things like catch all the individual pieces of shrapnel from a grenade before any of it could travel more than a few feet, which a guy on Youtube calculated would require a speed of just under Mach 70. Which, funnily enough, is close to what you get when you take the Mach 13.2 from S2 and multiply it by 5 (how much faster his brain apparently is).

As to time-travelling, that could be a more experienced Flash from the future who did that in BvS. Not that I think time travel has much relevance to the fight.

I figured Flash would be much faster now since I gave up on the show a long time ago. But my point was I think long before Barry hit Mach 13, he was already time travelling, so CW Time Travel doesn't require you to be that fast.

I have a feeling CW Flash is faster due to having more feats, some of which are bound to be ridiculous as the writers/director probably don't consider how fast Barry is on-screen. Personally, that is why I prefer stated speeds particularly for the TV show - as they do make a point of stating it every now and then.

You're right about BvS Barry being more experienced. Barry is a complete rookie in JL, which I suppose is a good thing as it gives him room to improve. I hope he gets some epic moments in future sequels.

It won't be long til someone makes a Youtube video on how fast JL Barry is.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 09:05 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

BvS Flash’s time travelling was kinda lame though. He just appeared like a ghost for a few seconds.

CW Barry can legit time travel to seemingly any time he wants.

So CW Flash’s Time travelling abilities are Far Greater.

Dunno about speed though as that’s completely different.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 10:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Nevermind that CW Flash is a veteran of many fights, whereas DCEU Barry just "push people out of the way".

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 10:26 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

CW Barry can time travel, but you don't even need to go anywhere near the speed of light to do it in that universe. You just need the speed of the plot.

Still, CW Barry is fast enough to make dozens of after images all at the same time.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 12:35 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Placidity
I figured Flash would be much faster now since I gave up on the show a long time ago. But my point was I think long before Barry hit Mach 13, he was already time travelling, so CW Time Travel doesn't require you to be that fast.

I have a feeling CW Flash is faster due to having more feats, some of which are bound to be ridiculous as the writers/director probably don't consider how fast Barry is on-screen. Personally, that is why I prefer stated speeds particularly for the TV show - as they do make a point of stating it every now and then.

You're right about BvS Barry being more experienced. Barry is a complete rookie in JL, which I suppose is a good thing as it gives him room to improve. I hope he gets some epic moments in future sequels.

It won't be long til someone makes a Youtube video on how fast JL Barry is.

I've kind of resigned myself to CW Flash being however fast the plot needs him to be. It's actually been since S2 where the writers have tied a specific number to Barry's speed, because I think a lot of people were pointing out that it was nonsense. They now just mostly do things like 3x faster here, or 5x there, or "almost" as fast this person etc.

For example, a big plot device of S3 involves Barry needing to cover about 80 feet or so in 0.21 seconds, which he is completely unable to do, to the point they have to try to get Wally to do it. And to cover that distance in that time? Factoring in time and distance, a velocity of a wopping 410km/h, which is slower than Barry went on the very first episode of the show. Now, some people have said, "No, it's the acceleration required that is too much". Except that makes no sense either. When they had Wally practicing, they were giving him running starts to build up enough speed to cover that distance, so it's clearly something they considered. And Barry has shown the ability to instantly go supersonic, without needing a run up, at various points (most notably when he needs to catch up to or catch bullets being fired).

And that all is made even worse because, as you said, the writers also occasionally give Barry PIS outliers because they have no idea what the actual numbers would be. Like one feat I saw cause a shitstorm in the one Vine thread. At the end of one episode, Barry delivers a series of wedding letters to all their guests, and it only takes him a few seconds. Now, someone went and figured out how far all those places were apart, and what Barry's speed would have been to do it. Turns out you'd need Fox Quicksilver type speed to pull it off. And now you get people using what was clearly meant as a little nothing humour instance (because Iris still made a quip about buying stamps) as a feat for versus threads.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:16 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And then we now have Barry running all the way to China and back in around 13 seconds (and literally carrying Bill Goldberg for half the trip). And the distance from the US to China and back (so, round trip) is about 14,000 miles IIRC. Which means Barry ran more than 1000 miles per second. Which would require a speed well into the Mach thousands to achieve. Now wait for the show to come out and say he's like Mach 10 or something lol.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:33 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

A lot of DC characters suffer from DBZ syndrome. Flash is the worst. Thet need to learn to powercap otherwise their story and consistency will suffer.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 03:50 AM