KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Prisons: How do we...

US Prisons: How do we...
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Well I should hope so...Especially after that "Not necessarily Legal but Decriminalized" Line.

But ya know what. It is now Turkey Day. I aint putting up with this shit until the weekend. PITS OFF LOOSERS!!!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 08:05 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

oh dear.

"Show me again, the power of the darkness..."
-- Darth Plagueis Respect Thread --

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 10:46 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
No, it hardly makes a difference.

Not necessarily legal, but decriminalized.

This video does a much better job at explaining why than I ever could and I sincerely suggest you watch it:

As I pointed out in the OP, drug related incarceration doesn't even comprise a majority. However, it is still a huge chunk.

I did not know about Switzerland's heroin issue and harm reduction policy. That's fascinating. Amazing. It is very cool what using legit science and research can do when it informs public policy. I'd like to see the US try this.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 04:19 PM
dadudemon is online now! Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

This doesn’t really make sense when you think about it, though. The US is certainly not the only country in the world that has the means and capacity to punish people and have them thrown in jails. Even when you look at totalitarian countries such as China where you can be jailed for all kinds of stupid crap, it still doesn’t have as many prisoners as the US. And even if that was true, how come there’s still so much crime in the US, especially places like Chicago? Shouldn’t every criminal be in jail by now? It almost seems to me that the more people you imprison, the more crime there is.
Everybody has the capacity to throw people in jails. We just have the most capacity since we have the most money. Same reason why Our military is way bigger than theirs... I believe it comes down to budget. I doubt China has anywhere near the capacity to lock up all of their criminals... in fact, they probably have to turn a blind eye on some criminals in order to make room for the political prisoners.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 05:26 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Everybody has the capacity to throw people in jails. We just have the most capacity since we have the most money. Same reason why Our military is way bigger than theirs... I believe it comes down to budget. I doubt China has anywhere near the capacity to lock up all of their criminals... in fact, they probably have to turn a blind eye on some criminals in order to make room for the political prisoners.

There are plenty of First World countries who have more than enough money and capacity to do so if they wished(some of them are even wealthier than the US per capita). Now I don't know about China, but they take crime pretty seriously last I heard. Not to mention, it's a country of 1.4 billion people, so even if they let half of their criminals walk around free, it'd still have many more prisoners than the US.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 05:49 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
It is very cool what using legit science and research can do when it informs public policy. I'd like to see the US try this.
I'd like to see them try it too. laughing out loud

"Show me again, the power of the darkness..."
-- Darth Plagueis Respect Thread --

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 07:40 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

There are plenty of First World countries who have more than enough money and capacity to do so if they wished(some of them are even wealthier than the US per capita). Now I don't know about China, but they take crime pretty seriously last I heard. Not to mention, it's a country of 1.4 billion people, so even if they let half of their criminals walk around free, it'd still have many more prisoners than the US.
The countries that are richer per capita are also smaller and probably have far less crime.

China is a completely different scenario and isn't really useful for comparison purposes since they throw people in prison for being the wrong religion. I dunno if they just don't have much crime cause people are too scared of the state or if they just let people get away with shit out of lack of funds... but despite their lower prison population they do manage to execute the most people yearly.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 08:14 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
The countries that are richer per capita are also smaller and probably have far less crime.

China is a completely different scenario and isn't really useful for comparison purposes since they throw people in prison for being the wrong religion. I dunno if they just don't have much crime cause people are too scared of the state or if they just let people get away with shit out of lack of funds... but despite their lower prison population they do manage to execute the most people yearly.

Well yeah, but that's the point of looking at things per capita. If a country like Germany wanted to imprison the same percentage of its population as the US, it would easily have both the money and the capacity to do so.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 01:30 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
I'd like to see them try it too. laughing out loud

Only the Left can use "Made Up Science" to scare and force others to do what they want.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 07:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

No, it hardly makes a difference.

Not necessarily legal, but decriminalized.

This video does a much better job at explaining why than I ever could and I sincerely suggest you watch it:

LOL! My Fave Part of the vid was how it commented on how the War on DRUGS has Negatively affected Millions of People, but No Mention of how Drug Use has Negatively Affected People... SO yeah...
eek!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:00 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Flyattractor
LOL! My Fave Part of the vid was how it commented on how the War on DRUGS has Negatively affected Millions of People, but No Mention of how Drug Use has Negatively Affected People... SO yeah...
eek!

Yeah, because the War on Drugs didn't actually reduce drug use in any substantial way, if at all.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:04 PM
Flyattractor

So we should just dismantle all aspects of "Law Enforcement"
Because that would be the Easiest thing to do.

Gotchya.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:05 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

So we should just dismantle all aspects of "Law Enforcement"
Because that would be the Easiest thing to do.

Gotchya.

Where did you get that idea from? Did anything I ever say or anything the video said suggest we get rid of law enforcement?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:19 PM
Flyattractor

From the Prevailing Mentality of " Since we Can't Stop It, we Should't TRY". Can't Stop Rape, Can't Stop Murder, Can't Stop Theft, Can't Stop Drugs. SHOULDN'T even TRY!

Pretty much sums it up for the Modern Left.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:23 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

From the Prevailing Mentality of " Since we Can't Stop It, we Should't TRY". Can't Stop Rape, Can't Stop Murder, Can't Stop Theft, Can't Stop Drugs. SHOULDN'T even TRY!

Pretty much sums it up for the Modern Left.

That's not quite true. We should still try to stop large-scale production of drugs and illegal importation(smuggling) of drugs, especially hard drugs. Though that hasn't been working out too well either, and the efficiency of such enforcement is low.

What we really should stop doing is treating drug usage or small-scale possession as crimes and throwing people in jails for it. We should focus on harm reduction and rehabilitation because that's what will ultimately reduce drug usage and minimize damage to society as a whole.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:37 PM
Flyattractor

Ok so I ask again.. Which "DRUGS" should be "Decriminalized"??

Or should I just go with the "MY drugs are Ok, but Your's are not" concept?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:44 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Ok so I ask again.. Which "DRUGS" should be "Decriminalized"??

Or should I just go with the "MY drugs are Ok, but Your's are not" concept?

All drugs should be decriminalized. And I trust you know the difference between legalization and decriminalization.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:47 PM
Flyattractor

Why don't you give us YOUR Definition of it just so we are clear.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:48 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Why don't you give us YOUR Definition of it just so we are clear.

Legalization = you can walk into a store and buy the drug openly and legally(think weed in Colorado).
Decriminalization = you won't have criminal charges pressed against you for usage or small-scale possession of a drug.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:56 PM
Flyattractor

How Small? Let me guess. You are a big Dope Addict?

Much like your On Line name. You need Weed to be what you would deem "Truly Happy"?

Or to be more accurate. "ARTIFICIALLY HAPPY"?

Goes back to the point. We shouldn't fight crime.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 08:58 PM