KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » US Prisons: How do we...

US Prisons: How do we...
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
How Small? Let me guess. You are a big Dope Addict?

Much like your On Line name. You need Weed to be what you would deem "Truly Happy"?

Or to be more accurate. "ARTIFICIALLY HAPPY"?

Goes back to the point. We shouldn't fight crime.

That's for the law to decide, but if you have barrels of meth in your basement, then you're obviously going to try to sell it and that should be a crime.

No, I don't and never have used drugs. And honestly, I don't think someone named 'Flyattractor' should be throwing stones. You know, glass houses and all that.

We should fight crime that's actually crime. Drug usage is almost always a problem of a different nature and treating drug users as criminals is stupid and counterproductive.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Nov 24th, 2017 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 09:11 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

LOL! My Fave Part of the vid was how it commented on how the War on DRUGS has Negatively affected Millions of People, but No Mention of how Drug Use has Negatively Affected People... SO yeah...
eek!

This is a non sequitur argument. As AG pointed out, the War on Drugs did not affect drug use.

And if someone points you to facts about it, you'll just pretend the facts are made up from the leftist agenda. So there's no reasoning with someone like you.

So we should just dismantle all aspects of "Law Enforcement"
Because that would be the Easiest thing to do.

Gotchya.

This is a strawman. At no point did any say or suggest to dismantle all aspects of law enforcement. Unless you erroneously believe that all law enforcement exists to fight the war on drugs. That's obviously false but i would not put it past you to believe something so stupid.

From the Prevailing Mentality of " Since we Can't Stop It, we Should't TRY". Can't Stop Rape, Can't Stop Murder, Can't Stop Theft, Can't Stop Drugs. SHOULDN'T even TRY!

Pretty much sums it up for the Modern Left.

This is another strawman. At no point did anyone suggest we shouldn't try. In fact, it was suggested we do things differently that have an objectively higher success rate for reducing drug related crimes and drug use.

Doing things differently, based on science is not "we will stop trying, I guess!"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 09:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

fly. you can't be this simple and mentally conditioned

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 10:42 PM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

What is simple about it?

I don't deal in grays.

If you want to do Drugs, move to wear it is LEGAL! Leave the places that don't want to give in to your illicit Vices be.

You want to waste your life as a burned out leech. All the power to you.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 09:59 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
That's for the law to decide, but if you have barrels of meth in your basement, then you're obviously going to try to sell it and that should be a crime.

I sincerely doubt this.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 10:00 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

What is simple about it?

I don't deal in grays.

If you want to do Drugs, move to wear it is LEGAL! Leave the places that don't want to give in to your illicit Vices be.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 01:34 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

What is simple about it?

I don't deal in grays.

Then you better start dealing in grays because while black and white do exist, most of the world is gray.

The easiest thing is to say, "if you don't like how things are done over here, just move". That's not how it works though, because if it did, the US would still have Jim Crow laws, anti-sodomy laws, and the Prohibition(the War on Booze) would still be around. Would you make an argument in favour of the misguided policies I just mentioned? I imagine not. Laws and policies that do more harm than good need to be challenged and struck down.

If you want fewer burnt out addicts and leeches around, then a serious change in policy is in order. Starting with abolition of the counterproductive War on Drugs.

I sincerely doubt this.

Why? Why else would anyone produce drugs on a large scale?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 01:49 PM
Afro Cheese

Well yeah, but that's the point of looking at things per capita. If a country like Germany wanted to imprison the same percentage of its population as the US, it would easily have both the money and the capacity to do so.
I'm not saying European countries lack the capacity... I was thinking more of third worldish countries such as China.

European countries are more lax it seems with a lot of their sentencing. On the extreme end of the spectrum, I remember that shooter in Norway who killed like 70+ people was only given like 25 years or something like that because that's the maximum sentence in Norway. I doubt most Americans would even think of adopting that sort of a policy.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Nov 25th, 2017 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 07:26 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Then you better start dealing in grays because while black and white do exist, most of the world is gray.

Gray is still Dirty. If you choose to do DIRTY, then that makes you a Wrong Doer.
No matter how you Like to Rationalize it, You are still doing WRONG!

And that is why the world is a "GRAY" Place...

eek!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 07:33 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I'm not saying European countries lack the capacity... I was thinking more of third worldish countries such as China.

European countries are more lax it seems with a lot of their sentencing. On the extreme end of the spectrum, I remember that shooter in Norway who killed like 70+ people was only given like 25 years or something like that because that's the maximum sentence in Norway. I doubt most Americans would even think of adopting that sort of a policy.

Yeah, like I said, I don't know about China. Still, even if they let over half of all their criminals go, they'd still have way more people in prisons than the US.

You're talking about Breivik. He got 21 years because that's the maximum in Norway, but in reality he's never getting out since Norwegian law allows for extension of a prisoner's sentence if he/she is still deemed dangerous after his/her sentence is over. Not such a bad system if you ask me.

Gray is still Dirty. If you choose to do DIRTY, then that makes you a Wrong Doer.
No matter how you Like to Rationalize it, You are still doing WRONG!

And that is why the world is a "GRAY" Place...

eek!

That's Manichean nonsense. No wonder you seem to be so disconnected from reality when you hold such a simplistic worldview. The desire to see everything in black and white, perhaps ironically, leads to evil as positive change is refused for not being perfect(white) enough. Your resistance to ending the War on Drugs is a great example of this.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 08:52 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Flyboy is a good example of why the war on drugs isn't working. sad

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 09:13 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yeah, like I said, I don't know about China. Still, even if they let over half of all their criminals go, they'd still have way more people in prisons than the US.

You're talking about Breivik. He got 21 years because that's the maximum in Norway, but in reality he's never getting out since Norwegian law allows for extension of a prisoner's sentence if he/she is still deemed dangerous after his/her sentence is over. Not such a bad system if you ask me.

That's Manichean nonsense. No wonder you seem to be so disconnected from reality when you hold such a simplistic worldview. The desire to see everything in black and white, perhaps ironically, leads to evil as positive change is refused for not being perfect(white) enough. Your resistance to ending the War on Drugs is a great example of this.
Well, when you're dealing with 1.5 billion people, many of whom are in abject poverty, I'm thinking it will get a bit costly to have the kind of robust prison system the United States has. My only point is we're always so quick to point out our own flaws, but I reject the basic idea that China has any sort of edge on us in terms of their criminal justice system. They execute the most people annually and they lock people up for thought crimes. So I guess I'm just saying there can be any number of reasons why China has less prisoners... but it's not because they're less of a police state.

In fact.. they've been busted not only for locking up political prisoners but for extorting slave labor out of them in prison work camps. Prisoners work in some sort of manufacturing environment and make products which are then sold to front companies which sell the goods on the free market as goods that were made by legit paid workers. The name of the Chinese prison camps is the Loagai... which translates in Chinese to an abbreviated form of some phrase that means "reform through labor."

On Norway... I didn't realize they could just extend it like that. Sort of renders the rule useless to me, but I do think that's better than having a real 21 year maximum.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Nov 26th, 2017 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:27 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well, when you're dealing with 1.5 billion people, many of whom are in abject poverty, I'm thinking it will get a bit costly to have the kind of robust prison system the United States has. My only point is we're always so quick to point out our own flaws, but I reject the basic idea that China has any sort of edge on us in terms of their criminal justice system. They execute the most people annually and they lock people up for thought crimes. So I guess I'm just saying there can be any number of reasons why China has less prisoners... but it's not because they're less of a police state.

In fact.. they've been busted not only for locking up political prisoners but for extorting slave labor out of them in prison work camps. Prisoners work in some sort of manufacturing environment and make products which are then sold to front companies which sell the goods on the free market as goods that were made by legit paid workers. The name of the Chinese prison camps is the Loagai... which translates in Chinese to an abbreviated form of some phrase that means "reform through labor."

On Norway... I didn't realize they could just extend it like that. Sort of renders the rule useless to me, but I do think that's better than having a real 21 year maximum.

"Reform through labor".

When they say the pen is mightier then the sword, this is part of what that means. Simply redefine slave labor as "rehab" (Or in the case of undocumented migrants being held hostage by a business that knows they can't go to the police or quit their jobs, of people looking for a better life who we shouldn't meddle with..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:48 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

"Reform through labor" is just a fancy name for slavery. And it's immoral for us to further punish people who have already been punished.

Reform through labor should be
A. Optional
B. Something priosoners want to do because the goverment would offer a cleansing of the permanent record and a salary in exchange.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:44 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm all for reforming people...who haven't committed serious crimes. Murder or rape, on the other hand, you die or you get castrated or you get solitary confinement forever.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

"Rapists get castrated or killed"-Ben Shapiro

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 11:15 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
"Reform through labor" is just a fancy name for slavery. And it's immoral for us to further punish people who have already been punished.

Reform through labor should be
A. Optional
B. Something priosoners want to do because the goverment would offer a cleansing of the permanent record and a salary in exchange.
Yea... but it's China. So instead it's mainly political or religious prisoners who are exploited for slave labor.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 11:18 PM
Flyattractor

Yep. Sure it is. That is called RATIONALIZING to a Fine Point.

That is why you are pretty much a horrible person. AG.

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Flyboy is a good example of why the war on drugs isn't working. sad

Love is My Drug Benny. Whats yours?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:29 AM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Yep. Sure it is. That is called RATIONALIZING to a Fine Point.

That is why you are pretty much a horrible person. AG.

Love is My Drug Benny. Whats yours?

So I am a horrible person because I want to get rid of a harmful policy and refuse to entertain a silly black-and-white worldview? Or because I don’t think that the law should be blindly followed and never challenged?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 06:47 AM
Flyattractor

yeah. Its the POLICY that is harmful, not the WANTON DRUG USE!

And you accuse me of living in a DREAM WORLD!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 08:03 AM