KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » GT vs. DBS

GT vs. DBS
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
I've always said in the beginning that Goku was holding back and that Kid Buu was the most powerful Buu. It's just freaking common sense to me. I always found it funny people saying that crack neck Buu (who fought Mystic Gohan) was more powerful than SS3 Goku because of a statement Goku made when he didn't utilize SS3. Funny indeed.
No, carv.

Canonically speaking: Boohan > Bootenks > Mystic Gohan > Super Boo ~ SSJ3 Gotenks >>> SSJ3 Goku ~/> Pure Boo > Fat Boo.

Toriyama had nothing to do with this V-Jump article, and therefore, it cannot retcon his original works(and yes, this would be a HUGE retcon if true.) V-Jump is an official DB source that can introduce new concepts and whatnot into the mythos, but it obviously cannot supersede Toriyama himself.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 01:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
And that's just an anime-only filler scene. Goku never confronted Bootenks in the manga, but he was pissing his pants at the thought of fighting Super Boo:
https://i.imgur.com/psVBvTy.jpg
*And Boohan is around 3x more powerful than Super Boo.

Nothing on Pure Boo, though(other than he absorbed DaiKaoishin, of course.)

thumb up

Also, in the anime (probably filler, too), while inside Buu, Goku tried to convince Vegeta to do a fusion dance with him... it would be totally OOC for Goku to share his victory & completely overpower his opponent with Gogeta's might, if he were already a great deal stronger than him in his SSJ3 form.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 01:37 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There was a similar scene in the manga:
https://i.imgur.com/zryQjnC.jpg

And again, that's just when Super Boo existed, yet Goku was STILL looking to fuse by any means possible(and would have if Vegeta hadn't shut him down.)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 01:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanks for the scan thumb up

I like wanking Goku and Vegeta a lot, but this is just crazy. Are we sure that Boohan = SSJ3 Goku bit got properly translated, Galan?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 01:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

herms and Cipher translated it. So yeah, it's legit.

But again, V-Jump alone is not sufficient to outright retcon Toriyama's original works, so I wouldn't put too much stock in it. /shrug

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 01:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, I know. I'm still shocked.

This is f*cking Buuhan we're talking about. Ultimate Buu.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 02:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Indeed. It's rare to see them drop the ball like this... But drop the ball they most certainly did.

I mean, Boohan explicitly stated that he was more powerful than EVER before:

(please log in to view the image)

...And we already know Goku was intended to be FAR inferior to the likes of even Super Boo back then, so yeah, makes NO sense at all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 02:27 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 02:21 PM
carver9

Could've swore the Kais said small Buu is the most powerful Buu.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 04:24 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Nope, that was never stated in canon.

The Kaioshin only stated that Pure Boo was the most "evil/difficult" version -- but he was definitely NOT the strongest. Proof of this can be seen when he was fighting Fat/good Boo(who was even weaker than Fat/evil Boo.) Not only did fatty put up a decent fight, but he actually managed to weaken Pure Boo a bit.

And again, Boohan outright stated that he was more powerful than EVER before... And no one knows Boo's power better than Boo himself.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2019 04:35 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Can someone explain the scaling to me?

Master roshi can destroy the moon, base Frieza can destroy a planet, Cell can destroy solar system, two god powers can destroy a universe.

Doesnt seem like the power increases are that extreme compared to the amount of destruction they can cause. confused

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 07:01 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
Can someone explain the scaling to me?

Master roshi can destroy the moon, base Frieza can destroy a planet, Cell can destroy solar system, two god powers can destroy a universe.

Doesnt seem like the power increases are that extreme compared to the amount of destruction they can cause. confused

PL increase effects aren't linear, I could be twice your PL and still have a destructive capacity 100X above yours. A PL difference of 100 can allow someone beat the tar out of another person

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 01:28 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up You can't think of PLs linearly.

In the world of DB, if character A has a PL of 100, and character B has a PL of 1,000, it doesn't mean character B is 'only' 10x more destructive. The growth between levels is exponential.

*Roshi(PL=180) can destroy a moon with his most powerful attack.
*Saiyan saga Piccolo(PL=3,500) can destroy a moon with a fairly casual blast.
*Saiyan Saga Vegeta(PL=18,000) can destroy a planet with his most powerful attack.
*1st form Freeza(PL=530,000) can effortlessly destroy a planet with a nonchalant energy ball.
*Super-Perfect Cell(PL=SSJ2-tier) can destroy a solar system with his most powerful attack.
*Beerus(PL=God-tier) is stated to be capable of easily destroying stars, and wiping out galactic clusters.
*The 'super-dense energy ball' and 'actuality ripples' generated by Beerus and SSG Goku(who had just barely entered God-tier) could have destroyed U7.
*A brawl between Beerus and Champa(two bonafide GoDs) would have destroyed both U6 AND U7 outright.

etc.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 13th, 2019 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 01:50 PM
carver9

I thought Beerus and Champa fight would've destroy Universe 6 and 7?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 02:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 03:00 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some Gogeta scaling I came up with...

The strong implication is that BASE Gogeta > SSB Goku/Vegeta and Golden Freeza individually. But lets just assume he was 'only' SSB-level to make things a bit easier.

-BASE Gogeta = SSB Goku.
-SSJ Gogeta: 50x SSB Goku
-SSJ2 Gogeta: 100x SSB Goku
-SSJ3 Gogeta: 400x SSB Goku

-As for SSG: no official sources cite what the SSJ3 to SSG amp is. If we assume it's 'just' 10x(many people here believe it is MUCH greater), then it puts SSG Gogeta at 4,000x SSB Goku.

-As for SSB: in the manga Whis implies that SSB is 10x SSG. So that puts SSB Gogeta at 40,000x SSB Goku.

...And I feel like that is a lowball figure, tbh. Food for thought.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 31st, 2019 at 05:47 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 05:44 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

It should be kept in mind that base Goku was also throwing hands with a version of Broly that was smacking around SSG Vegeta, so these multipliers should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 06:51 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

How does that affect anything I said about Gogeta?

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 31st, 2019 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 06:53 PM
DeadpoolXXX

Originally posted by Galan007
Some Gogeta scaling I came up with...

The strong implication is that BASE Gogeta > SSB Goku/Vegeta and Golden Freeza individually. But lets just assume he was 'only' SSB-level to make things a bit easier.

-BASE Gogeta = SSB Goku.
-SSJ Gogeta: 50x SSB Goku
-SSJ2 Gogeta: 100x SSB Goku
-SSJ3 Gogeta: 400x SSB Goku

-As for SSG: no official sources cite what the SSJ3 to SSG amp is. If we assume it's 'just' 10x(many people here believe it is MUCH greater), then it puts SSG Gogeta at 4,000x SSB Goku.

-As for SSB: in the manga Whis implies that SSB is 10x SSG. So that puts SSB Gogeta at 40,000x SSB Goku.

...And I feel like that is a lowball figure, tbh. Food for thought.
nice. and people think Jiren and MUI goku can compete. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 31st, 2019 07:36 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote