KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Neutrality might end.

Net Neutrality might end.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VG_Addict

Net Neutrality might end.

https://gizmodo.com/heres-the-fccs-...lity-1820683360

quote:
The order, if passed on December 14th during the FCC’s open hearing, would effectively abdicate the commission’s authority to regulate ISPs under Title II of the Communications Act, significantly curtailing oversight of broadband access.

Say goodbye to the internet as we know it if this passes.

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 06:48 PM
VG_Addict is currently offline Click here to Send VG_Addict a Private Message Find more posts by VG_Addict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

why is no one covering this?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:20 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
why is no one covering this?

CNN.money has some write ups, and CNN proper has a mention.

But you can't really expect much from a company owned by AT&T. Obviously, they'll want to capitalize on repeals, and if they haven't issued an outright order to downplay this, the news room is probably treading lightly to cover their arse.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by cdtm
CNN.money has some write ups, and CNN proper has a mention.

But you can't really expect much from a company owned by AT&T. Obviously, they'll want to capitalize on repeals, and if they haven't issued an outright order to downplay this, the news room is probably treading lightly to cover their arse.

newspapers?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:42 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am getting bored with the Net. Time for it to go and get replaced with something better.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 01:29 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Didn't Wikipedia and lots of other big sites do blackouts to protest this in the past?

There needs to be tons of blowback against this shit...

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I am getting bored with the Net. Time for it to go and get replaced with something better.

Fly, don't you have some razorblades you need to cram up your ass?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
[B

Fly, don't you have some razorblades you need to cram up your ass? [/B]

I didn't have any left after Halloween.

cool

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

This deserves more attention

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:41 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

was wondering when this would get a thread

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 07:59 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hasn't it had several?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 08:02 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by NewGuy01
was wondering when this would get a thread

Could have made one.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 08:50 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

This is the one I meant to post...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2017 02:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

There’s always going to be some idiot that wants to destroy or monopolize the internet for corporate gain, but Ajit Pai is by far one of the worst things to happen to the FCC. There will be some shit times ahead if this passes, before things get better.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 09:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is the one I meant to post...

Had my balls, cowck, and butt touched at the airport, recently, in fact. I resisted, with all my might, "Could you at least take me to dinner, first?"

I was randomly selected for pat down. no expression

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"The FCC on Wednesday released a draft order that would effectively repeal landmark Obama-era regulations that ensure internet service providers offer consumers equal access to online content and services." -snip

Trump's killing Net Neutrality and Trumpers are cool with it. What a sight to see.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
"The FCC on Wednesday released a draft order that would effectively repeal landmark Obama-era regulations that ensure internet service providers offer consumers equal access to online content and services." -snip

Trump's killing Net Neutrality and Trumpers are cool with it. What a sight to see.

Hate it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Comcast said they wouldn't throttle though. They wouldn't lie.

Net Neutrality died when Trump was elected. His dislike about it was one of the things he was pretty upfront about prior to the election, it was also clear that he didn't understand what it actually does, probably still doesn't.

It's gonna really hit those who have only one choice for ISP particularly hard. Their choice will be either get reamed by whoever their ISP is or just go without internet.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:29 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Comcast said they wouldn't throttle though. They wouldn't lie.

Net Neutrality died when Trump was elected. His dislike about it was one of the things he was pretty upfront about prior to the election, it was also clear that he didn't understand what it actually does, probably still doesn't.

It's gonna really hit those who have only one choice for ISP particularly hard. Their choice will be either get reamed by whoever their ISP is or just go without internet.

Trump's shown he has little to zero understanding of what he's talking about on many (most?) subjects. Apparently this was seen as a positive to his supporters/voters.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Trump's shown he has little to zero understanding of what he's talking about on many (most?) subjects. Apparently this was seen as a positive to his supporters/voters.

You gonna whine anymore about Trump voters? Lol.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The truth of what I said hurt you there it seems, Surt

ps As someone who's on the internet nearly 24/7, this could likely hurt you financially and in regards to your privacy. Tell me you're intelligent enough to at least get that?

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 28th, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2017 11:37 PM