KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Neutrality might end.

Net Neutrality might end.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Bloody leftist fascist.

It's unfair to the price gauging monopolistic ISP's struggling to achieve the American dream. Best shut it down.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:32 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We've already had millions die over this, when will the carnage end?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

NN is like 9/11 times a billion. #Neverforget

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:43 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We need a memorial put up in Silicon Valley.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

You mean the cratered ruin that once was Silicon Valley.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't Musk seem kinda like a super villain. He dangles this idea of cheap internet one day, but before that he's selling flamethrowers.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:48 PM
BackFire

Flamethrowers are cool and covered under the second amendment. Why do you hate America?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2018 11:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 06:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes. The EU continues its march back towards Fascism.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2018 06:29 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I think net neutrality should be looked at in similar fashion to how phone service was managed. As more options have been made available has service gone up or down, more available or less?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:52 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

RIP to the billions that died over this repeal.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:14 PM
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Life isn't a phone and people lived fine without one.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 03:19 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Playmaker
Mozart and the Whale

I'm glad to get rid of net neutrality.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2018 06:04 PM
Playmaker is currently offline Click here to Send Playmaker a Private Message Find more posts by Playmaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Day 1 of a Worse Internet
Net neutrality is officially dead. Here’s how you’ll notice it’s gone.

Monday, June 11, is the first day of the post–net neutrality internet. In December, the Federal Communications Commission voted to repeal the Obama-era rules that prohibit internet companies from slowing down or speeding up access to certain websites, but it took about six months for the repeal to get a signoff from the Office of Management and Budget and for the new rules to be published in the federal register. Beginning, well, now, your internet access could—emphasis on could—feel dramatically different than it did yesterday.

Under the new network neutrality rules, internet service providers like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T are allowed to throttle traffic that travels over their network or even block access to entire websites as long as the companies alert subscribers in their terms of service that they reserve the right to do so. But since most people in the United States don’t have more than one or two internet providers to choose from for broadband service, if users don’t wish to accept those terms, many won’t have anywhere else to go for their internet. Without net neutrality rules stopping them, internet providers will also be able to charge websites a fee to reach users faster.

Those internet providers stand to win the most from the net neutrality repeal, since they’ll be able to operate what is essentially a two-way toll, collecting money from both subscribers and websites that want priority access to users. Already-powerful, deep-pocketed companies that can afford to pay for the fast-lane service like Facebook or Yelp could wind up in a position to set the price, relegating smaller companies, nonprofits, or struggling news organizations to what is, in effect, a slower internet.
-snip

Don't worry, I'm sure telecom giants like Comcast and AT&T will do the right thing. Thanks Trumpers.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 07:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Day 1 of a Worse Internet
Net neutrality is officially dead. Here’s how you’ll notice it’s gone.

Monday, June 11, is the first day of the post–net neutrality internet. In December, the Federal Communications Commission voted to repeal the Obama-era rules that prohibit internet companies from slowing down or speeding up access to certain websites, but it took about six months for the repeal to get a signoff from the Office of Management and Budget and for the new rules to be published in the federal register. Beginning, well, now, your internet access could—emphasis on could—feel dramatically different than it did yesterday.

Under the new network neutrality rules, internet service providers like Comcast, Verizon, and AT&T are allowed to throttle traffic that travels over their network or even block access to entire websites as long as the companies alert subscribers in their terms of service that they reserve the right to do so. But since most people in the United States don’t have more than one or two internet providers to choose from for broadband service, if users don’t wish to accept those terms, many won’t have anywhere else to go for their internet. Without net neutrality rules stopping them, internet providers will also be able to charge websites a fee to reach users faster.

Those internet providers stand to win the most from the net neutrality repeal, since they’ll be able to operate what is essentially a two-way toll, collecting money from both subscribers and websites that want priority access to users. Already-powerful, deep-pocketed companies that can afford to pay for the fast-lane service like Facebook or Yelp could wind up in a position to set the price, relegating smaller companies, nonprofits, or struggling news organizations to what is, in effect, a slower internet.
-snip

Don't worry, I'm sure telecom giants like Comcast and AT&T will do the right thing. Thanks Trumpers.

Already notice the change in net neutrality. AT&T didn't waste any time at all for their mobile data plans. They now have packages which give you access to HD streaming. You must subscribe to the higher costing plan to get the HD streaming unlocked on common services such as Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix.

"Nothing will change, it's not that bad."

Bullshit. It's 2018.

As I've posted before on this topic, there is not a bandwidth issue at all. The lie that "Netflix hogs all the bandwidth" is not true unless you're in a hotel with a shitty internet service.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:11 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Any asshat who acted like net neutrality coming to an end is a good thing needs to be slapped across their stupid faces.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Son of a ****ing **tch.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:21 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Approach this optimistically. At least now you all finally have an excuse to get off the internet and stop rotting inside your less-than-glamorous living quarters smile .

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:27 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by dadudemon
Already notice the change in net neutrality. AT&T didn't waste any time at all for their mobile data plans. They now have packages which give you access to HD streaming. You must subscribe to the higher costing plan to get the HD streaming unlocked on common services such as Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix.

"Nothing will change, it's not that bad."

Bullshit. It's 2018.

As I've posted before on this topic, there is not a bandwidth issue at all. The lie that "Netflix hogs all the bandwidth" is not true unless you're in a hotel with a shitty internet service.

Exactly thumb up

I use AT&T for my cell phone and Comcast for my internet service; I have no doubt I'll be paying the same (or more) for less very soon. Which was the concern from the start of all this, not the the world would end or whatever other red herrings the Trumpers tried to deflect and mitigate away with. They really are 'useful idiots'.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 08:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Robtard
Exactly thumb up

I use AT&T for my cell phone and Comcast for my internet service; I have no doubt I'll be paying the same (or more) for less very soon. Which was the concern from the start of all this, not the the world would end or whatever other red herrings the Trumpers tried to deflect and mitigate away with. They really are 'useful idiots'.

You do know I was legitimately butthurt and angry, right? I don't get angry very often. Extremely rarely. Maybe once a year. But when I went to change my plan because I do not need tethering service anymore (I don't travel for work anymore), it then gave me these "HD" options.

And some are packaged with HBO.

This is EXACTLY what all of us were whining about. "Pay more to unlock HD service." Like... holy shit, this is so extremely specifically the point we were making that it cannot get any more clear. This is EXACTLY what we said would happen. This specific example I am listing is the exact damn shit we said would happen.

Mother ****er

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 09:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote