KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Neutrality might end.

Net Neutrality might end.
Started by: VG_Addict

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 25 26 [27]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
"WE" ??? How may voices you got running around in your skull there Socky Boy?
haha taken out of context but amusing coming from you

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:44 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You know I could be jerk and leave you all alone in that Airport Terminal by yourself. All Bored and all.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
You know I could be jerk and leave you all alone in that Airport Terminal by yourself. All Bored and all.
that's the problem Fly, when we don't talk politics you are an amicable chap. I do think it's all an act because you account only became this extreme recently after your ban on Hero chat.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:51 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I am willing to talk about anything. I got a few hours to kill.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Baker or Pertwee, for me Pertwee was better, although Zoe was my favourite assistant with Troughton. And my boarding call, later old chap, I am off to Ghana with the Mrs.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:55 PM
Flyattractor

yeah. Zoe was cool. Also the first Non Screamer Girl Companion the Doctor Really got since Barbra. Don't Crash in the Himalayas and Eat any Yeti Made Lemon Ice!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 04:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
lol

Oh shit...oh shit...oh shit! TRUMP IS GONNA PULL TROOPS OUT OF SYRIA!

Another 38 billion dead. DEEEEEEAAAD!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yes but that is fewer then how many the US soldiers would have murderd if they had stayed!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:10 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

By the time Trump's presidency is over I estimate 200 billion people dead.

Awful.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2018 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I destroyed this talking point already in this thread. smile

Nah. The only thing you destroyed was your own creditability. But whatever keeps the boogeyman going so you don't have to admit you were wrong. laughing

But this is exactly what doomsday cultists love to do. They will never admit they were wrong. Just that they had the wrong date and the end will surely come with their next prediction. Have fun drinking that Kool-Aid. Hahahaha!!! Net Neutrality is gone.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 05:15 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Nah. The only thing you destroyed was your own creditability. But whatever keeps the boogeyman going so you don't have to admit you were wrong. laughing

Thousands of experts disagree, though. A majority of Republicans. And a majority of Democrats.

It's like..the only people supporting are large ISPs and large ISPs that offer cable TV services. As though..there's..some...sort....of conflict of interest.

But this is exactly what doomsday cultists love to do. They will never admit they were wrong. Just that they had the wrong date and the end will surely come with their next prediction. Have fun drinking that Kool-Aid. Hahahaha!!! Net Neutrality is gone.

Remember that one time when AT&T rolled out their new plans with effective dates on the day of the rescinding of the Net Neutrality rules?

I remember. I posted about it in this thread, too.

Can't blame them: they want to make as much money as possible.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2019 05:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Shame we all died from repealing Net Neutrality. Otherwise, we might get to enjoy all this faster internet speed. HAHA

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...YQhB2cHHFafRPtA

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 09:28 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, this was just yet another example of snowflakes flippin' out over nothing & acting like the sky was falling because of it. My internet speed hasn't changed one bit since this was first announced and I'm totally fine with it.

I must say though that I'm totally against 5G technology. It's dangerous. Getting even faster internet speed than I already have (which is already pretty damn fast) is totally not worth it if it also puts my health at risk.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 10:06 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Shame we all died from repealing Net Neutrality. Otherwise, we might get to enjoy all this faster internet speed. HAHA

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...YQhB2cHHFafRPtA

This talking point, again? Here, here's your response copied and pasted because you didn't learn your lesson, last time:

Why aren't you mentioning multiple facts that directly contradict the point you're making? Brace yourself, I'm about to destroy you again:

1. There is no statistical significance for the increase in fixed broadband speeds. since the loss of net neutrality, June. I want back to Jul '16, 25 one datapoints/months (and my p-value was .05).

FYI, the t-value that comes out is -0.001628 and P is less than .05. It has to be greater than .05 to reject the null hypothesis.

If you don't believe me, you can use an online calculator.

Here's the entire data set so you can just copy and paste:

48.83,50.22,50.81,53.65,55.31,56.70,59.26,61.52,62.78,64.23,68.35,69.47,70.75,72.71,74.68,74.99,75.94,76.36,82.21,84.66,88.19,91.46,92.66,93.98,96.91

And here is a calculator you can use to get your mean, standard deviation, etc.:
http://www.alcula.com/calculators/s...ics/dispersion/

And here is the t-value calculator (used one-tailed):

https://www.socscistatistics.com/te...e/Default2.aspx

I had to use the wayback machine to go back to Jul '16:

https://web.archive.org/web/2017081...x/united-states

This next part is very important: This point alone makes you wrong.

2. Large speed increases occurred when net neutrality was explicitly enforced. Both as raw MBps and as a percentage against the world average.

3. Mobile speeds have significantly dropped after net neutrality was lost.

4. Networking infrastructure projects, which would have contributed to the increase in broadband speeds, would have been funded, started, and nearly completed during the net neutrality days. The increases in broadband speeds seen in the last two months would have been from the net neutrality era, not after it was repealed. So you're celebrating net neutrality-era wins by pointing out fixed broadband speed jumps.

Now, look, I've shown my work, hidden nothing about how I did the math, and pointed out the direct and overt problems with your point. You cannot be any more wrong than this. There's no guess work. No opinions. The math clearly shows you as wrong.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 01:13 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Oh ho ho ho, I caught that author being dishonest.

Fixed Broadband speeds increased, yes. That's physical wires, not wireless. With multiple infrastructure build-out projects being started back during the net neutrality days, of course wired internet would still continue to increase in speed.

But in a non-net-neutral world, what you'd see is a stagnation where most of the money is spent for internet access and use. And what is the most commonly used form of internet by far since 2014? Mobile devices.

Guess what the speeds are before and after net neutrality on mobile device networks? Almost 0 change between those two dates.

And guess why they selected June 2018 instead of the most recent data in May 2018? Because speeds dropped to 118Mbps for fixed broadband. Exactly what you'd expect in an noncompetitive market.

That's two very dishonest tactics from the author of that article.

Let's recap:

1. Author lied about true internet speeds and didn't state that the mobile data speeds stagnated.

2. The author used cherry picked data to support their position and didn't point out that speeds actually dropped for fixed internet speeds over the past year.

Let's take a wild guess at the author's interest in lying like this...an ISP shill, most likely.

Last edited by dadudemon on Jun 19th, 2019 at 01:27 PM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 01:25 PM